How To Meeting A Thai Lady For Long Term Commitment.

Bud1000

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys are for having the laugh. English isn't my best language so please don't have the joking with me too much.

In my own country I would meet the right lady at work or the social engagment. Now that I have retired to Thailand most of the lovely ladies I meet are in the bar for long time.

The Pattaya Trader is a free monthly magazine, I have noticed that in the personals ad's section there always seems to be plenty of Thai women seeking a genuine relationship, and also stating that they are not 'bargirls' which is probably true because most are widows of 40 years old upwards.

Plus you could advertise yourself for free with your email address explaining what you are looking for. I am sure that you might meet a suitable genuine Thai woman.

Good luck! Pattaya Trader Internet link below:

Pattaya Trader

You guys are for having the laugh. English isn't my best language so please don't have the joking with me too much.

In my own country I would meet the right lady at work or the social engagment. Now that I have retired to Thailand most of the lovely ladies I meet are in the bar for long time.

The Pattaya Trader is a free monthly magazine, I have noticed that in the personals ad's section there always seems to be plenty of Thai women seeking a genuine relationship, and also stating that they are not 'bargirls' which is probably true because most are widows of 40 years old upwards.

Plus you could advertise yourself for free with your email address explaining what you are looking for. I am sure that you might meet a suitable genuine Thai woman.

Pattaya Trader

do they have a 'Tradesman's Entrance' section?

Pattaya Trader

do they have a 'Tradesman's Entrance' section?

Sort, of;

Many khatoeys also advertise in the Pattaya Trader if that's the sort of action you are after! :o

This is a touchy subject, god. But depending how old you are how old you want your GF to be - there are some Thai dating sites that are very good. I met my wife on one of those - she's an university educated girl in her early 20s.

Now what I'm going to say might not please everyone, oh well, on such dating sites you'll meet these "gold diggers" or these girls that are blantly looking for a rich guy. If that is your thing, fine - if not and you're looking for a modern girl that isn't interested in sinsod and actually wants to adopt a more-western culture, you might want to try these tips:

- Stay clear of girls from Isaan

- Get a girl with at least a bachelor degree that is working and supporting herself

- Stay clear of girls that were married or have babies

- Try to talk only with girls that are looking for "friendship", not those "Looking for Marriage". The girls that marked "friendship" are actually interested in a relationship but are more reserved (no bargirl type)

- Don't even think to talk about sex or anything of the like, just have casual chat and have a good time, the rest will follow if you click with them.

- Use sites like www.thai2english.com and Skype to send Thai SMS to her mobile once in a while. She'll appreciate the effort and it's a nice way to make her smile :o

Good luck!

This is a touchy subject, god. But depending how old you are how old you want your GF to be - there are some Thai dating sites that are very good. I met my wife on one of those - she's an university educated girl in her early 20s.

Now what I'm going to say might not please everyone, oh well, on such dating sites you'll meet these "gold diggers" or these girls that are blantly looking for a rich guy. If that is your thing, fine - if not and you're looking for a modern girl that isn't interested in sinsod and actually wants to adopt a more-western culture, you might want to try these tips:

- Get a girl with at least a bachelor degree that is working and supporting herself

- Try to talk only with girls that are looking for "friendship", not those "Looking for Marriage". The girls that marked "friendship" are actually interested in a relationship but are more reserved (no bargirl type)

- Don't even think to talk about sex or anything of the like, just have casual chat and have a good time, the rest will follow if you click with them.

- Use sites like www.thai2english.com and Skype to send Thai SMS to her mobile once in a while. She'll appreciate the effort and it's a nice way to make her smile :o

Good luck!

- Stay clear of girls from Isaan AND the farang "matchmakers"

Its very possible to meet nice girls here for a long term relationship, a friend of mine even wrote an e-book on the exact steps to be taken.

You target the girl the same way as you would enter into a marketing blitz... find your target market, what do you have to offer, what can they offer in return, select the best method to become known to that market area.. etc etc.

The website mentioned in the above post has nothing on it about sms in Thailand.... not trying to boost your google ranks are you?

How do you meet good ladies in your own country?

I've met ladies in all places, never a guarantee they will be quality. Just look around and use common sense ( and a hefty dose of scepticism)

perhaps the OP does not meet ladies in his own country. For me I just cruise around and let the chips fall where they may

Kazakstan?..... :o

The op has a big learning curve....you are coming here with big expectations. You should learn about thai culture...learn some thai....hang out in different places wether farang oriented or thai oriented....to get a full spectrum of things....thai girls have big expectations too. Smile a lot...don't be thrifty..don't be loud..don't show anger....make them laugh....and you are halfway there.

Good luck!

while i dont think you need to go on the internet to find the right girl, this check list is pretty much spot on.

The ATM supply seems to be endless :D

The list is good, but another few thousand points can be added. Be aware the dice is heavily loaded against you. Have fun, stay away from high buildings :D

Oh yeah, try Pattaya, the local expats are convinced its a family town :o

Edited by OlRedEyes

Somehow.... I smell a troll... :o

Sorry, but i do disagree there. The term "troll" is far too easily used here, IMHO. I prefer to take people at face value until proven otherwise. At least he should be given benefit of doubt.

Many lonely people above the usual marrying age, or burnt after a divorce, to shy, etc. do in fact come to Thailand trying to find a wife, which they have very little chance to do so in their home countries.

I do not think it is friendly, or polite to mock this poster without first having definate proof of him being a "troll".

But basically, it is very naive to expect meeting the ideal wife in a developing country such as Thailand, or to expect, even if found, that the relationship will hold.

Cultural issues do break up many relationships, and of course the land is full of gold diggers. I don't remember how many times we have been asked by girls from the village to find them a farang husband, though we know that purely financial considerations were behind this. Needless to say that both me and the wife do not accept those requests. We don't want to get involved in that.

Of course successful relationships are possible, but it does take luck, tolerance, perseverence, and the ability to adapt to each others culture.

I am new to Thailand and it seems as though it is easy to meet "a" Thai girl. But I am interested in meeting a loving and beautiful TG for a long term relationship and possible marriage. I know many people find the right girl in a bar and that is great but you do also here some horror stories.

I was wondering if any long term residents and/or senior posters had any tips regarding finding an honest long term love in Thailand. Does Thailand have introduction agencies? Is there a "singles" scene for over 40s in Bangkok?

First - You're almost over the hill..... you should be looking for a women, not a girl!

Second - What else do you have to offer besides money and lots of leisure times?

I have many nice & hardworking unmarried friends and cousins....but they don't like farang...sorry :o

I have many nice & hardworking unmarried friends and cousins....but they don't like farang...sorry :D

Gee, and i was under the impression that all Thai girls love farang, because farang are hansome man, and espcially love elderly farang, because in Thai culture Thais respect age, and don't like Thai men, because they are all mengda, beat women, and don't fight fair.

How could i be so mistaken?

:o

I have many nice & hardworking unmarried friends and cousins....but they don't like farang...sorry :D

Gee, and i was under the impression that all Thai girls love farang,

Some do but not all………I guess we’re mixing in diff circle.

because farang are hansome man,

Majority of those in Thailand?....ha ha ha …..somebody please stop me, I’m falling off my chair! :D:o

and don't like Thai men,

Again we’re mixing in diff circle.

because they are all mengda, beat women, and don't fight fair.

We may look fragile but not totally helpless you know. An eye for an eye, a knife for a knife…it’s more sanook this way.

Gee don’t know……may be try to spin yourself away from your “normal/typical circle” once in awhile?

I'm in no mean of the farang bashing but only stating the facts what going on in my circle.

Edited by teacup

Gee don’t know……may be try to spin yourself away from your “normal/typical circle” once in awhile?

I'm in no mean of the farang bashing but only stating the facts what going on in my circle.

I guess you wouldn't recognise sarcasm even when whacked over the head with it. :o

Edited by ColPyat

Gee, and i was under the impression that all Thai girls love farang, because farang are hansome man, and espcially love elderly farang, because in Thai culture Thais respect age, and don't like Thai men, because they are all mengda, beat women, and don't fight fair.

:D

They like old guys and fat guys the best, because everyone wanted to be fat 100 years ago. :o

Good luck!

while i dont think you need to go on the internet to find the right girl, this check list is pretty much spot on.

I'd add to the list to find someone within 10 or so years of your own age.