Boys mum left

sanemax

I was living together with a local female who has no Thai I.D or Thai citizenship and no Nationality at all from anywhere , although she does have a legal right to stay and live in Thailand .

We lived together, quite happily for five years ,We had a Son who is now nearly three years old .

Six months ago now , I had to go abroad and She went back to her village , a poor village .

Whilst she was in the village she burrowed a large amount of money from a money lender and took her whole family on holiday for a month .

She informed me that she had left me and that she wasnt coming back................although she may come back in the future.under certain conditions .

I knew what those conditions would be .

A month later she contacted me (she had spent all the money and she was broke) and the message was "Pay back all the money that I burrowed and I will come back, if you dont, you will never see your Son again"

I refused to pay .

She was in quite a lot of debt, no job, no money  .

She left my Son in the village with her mother and went to work in a bar .

She leaves him in the village for weeks at a time .

As we are not married , I have no parental rights .

She has no Thai I.D.

What would be the consequences if I went to the village and just took him from them .

It would be hostile .

It seems possible to get him a UK passport , although I wouldnt be able to take him out of Thailand .

I can with just walk away and abandon him and leave him to his own devices and to live a poor life in the village.

Or go and get him from the village, against the familys wishes and then could end up on child abduction charges .

Abandon him or take the law into my own hands .

What a choice

This is more about the child, not if the mother has an ID card or is Thai or not. You haven't said if the child is a Thai citizen, I doubt it but still, I have heard of one case where Thai Juvenile accepted to take on a case even though both parents were non-Thai. It is not straight forward but the child is their concern and if giving you parental power would benefit the child then probably

Question is what evidence do you have? Your name doesn't have to be on the birth certificate (if the child even has a birth certificate) but you need something to reference which child it is and something to link you to him. Can you prove that you have contributed to the support of the child? That is important

I don’t agree with “Abandon him or take the law into my own hands. What a choice”

You have another choice if you have some kind of evidence. I wouldn’t take the child if you say it would be hostile and certainly not without evidence. That is a criminal offence and you won’t be able to get him out of the country or even take a DNA test anyway.

Go to Juvenile court, show them what you have and discuss if they are willing to take it up, perhaps see the provincial district attorney and do the same thing.

You need to have your priorities right when you talk to them. You want the ability to ensure that the child gets good education in the future, you want to support the child and you want to have access to the child when you are in Thailand

There was someone who was in a similar position to you and posted on ThaiVisa several years back, can’t remember the details but search and read that

Good Luck

Archived