Father sees his two year old daughter crushed to death by the school van

webfact

46 minutes ago, lostinisaan said:

I apologize, but what if there's no god?  Especially when you consider that Thailand is a Buddhist country.

Wasn't Buddha a human being and not a mystic over the water running guy and all the weird stuff you can read in the bible? The "God bless her" will indeed help her a lot.

Thats how I feel, whether there is a God or not, she is just two years old.....

sad beyond  words....

5 hours ago, mikebell said:

We had to install traffic calming bumps in the road on our estate because of the reckless school bus drivers.

The traffic calming might slow down the reckless school bus drivers, but what about any emergency vehicles in a life or death situation?

5 hours ago, DoctorG said:

2 year old at school?

No supervising adult?

I agree 2 years old seems premature for school. Particularly when supervised to and from the school by a 10 year old.  Many argue that between ages 1- 3 children's time is better spent playing and adjusting to life.

Maybe the driver was at fault but many parents use pre-school as a free baby sitting service to get the kids out of the house. In which case the parents personally should take responsibility for getting them to and from the school and not leave that duty to another young sibling.

....'compensate' him........???

...for the loss of his daughter....???

...and the scum driver/murderer.....???

....did he even have it in neutral....or the handbrake on......???

...doubt it........

...guess he will come up with an excuse and apology.....and keep 'serving the public'.....

It's endless. I think it comes from the general apathy of the nation. I saw one of these vans going along the highway the other day with taillight out. Just wait and there will be another story soon. In this story the parents are punished for their trust and apathy but little will happen to the driver as usual.

3 hours ago, robertthebruce said:

Thats how I feel, whether there is a God or not, she is just two years old.....

sad beyond  words....

Yep, and the compensation story is just another sad part. How much is a 2-year-old girl worth? A million, perhaps? 

The family must have a terrible weekend, doing the ceremony but the hardest part still comes. To understand that they won't see her smile again. 

And the insanity continues. 

38 minutes ago, lostinisaan said:

Yep, and the compensation story is just another sad part. How much is a 2-year-old girl worth? A million, perhaps? 

The family must have a terrible weekend, doing the ceremony but the hardest part still comes. To understand that they won't see her smile again. 

And the insanity continues. 

With you 100 percent..... Heartbreaking, not to see the Wee one smile again....so so sad.....

16 minutes ago, Xircal said:

He could at least say sorry.

have you lived in Thailand long?

He accepts guilt and wishes to pay reparation

That is not only saying sorry but acting sorry

anyway how do you know he didn't say sorry

it is a news report

Just now, AGareth2 said:

have you lived in Thailand long?

He accepts guilt and wishes to pay reparation

That is not only saying sorry but acting sorry

anyway how do you know he didn't say sorry

it is a news report

But the phrase "I'm sorry" is still appropriate whichever way you look at it.

6 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Even if you had sh1t for brains, how could you let a 2 year old leave the van and not take some care as to where the child was before driving off.

Maybe because everybody, being drunk, or - and on drugs can drive such a school van in this country. 

Too many why's do not bring her back. And it will happen again. Kids forgotten in vans, overruled by them etc..

6 hours ago, possum1931 said:

The traffic calming might slow down the reckless school bus drivers, but what about any emergency vehicles in a life or death situation?

These speed humps will have no impact on the arriving time of the ambulance at the hospital.

You've ever seen how these common drivers behave in a case of an emergency vehicle's behind them with all signs running?

The common practice is, try to sneak in front of the vehicle and then drive as slow as possible and blocking all traffic lanes. This will have a major impact.

But who cares in the land of cheap life. Make a merit at the nearest temple and a wai to the bereaved and then you are free to continue with your daily life.

I am sick of this....I work at a fairly, so called respectable school where all the school vans are modified with up graded turbos and inter coolers, no belts , tons of black smoke and noise + bald tyres... I cant say anything or i will lose my job.... senseless,,,, and carnage waiting to happen..............mai pen lai,,,,,,,,,,,

This is obviously a horrible tragedy.  Seems like everyone here has been quick to blame it on the bus driver even as the story indicates that the little girl ran in front of the bus.  Not knowing the actual circumstances I don't see the reason to rush to judgement.  Everyone seems to be talking from some kind of general experience with Thai drivers rather than any knowledge that the bus drive was the cause of the accident.  No doubt there is probably some blame to go around:  bus driver, brother not taking her hand, father.  Who knows but why attack the bus driver when you don't even know what happened.  Still a terrible thing for all concerned.  RIP little one.