Hawaii trip: Thai Airways wants  internet prosecuted over leaked passenger list

webfact

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the 90s, some politicans were caught spending  60,000 baht on each bottle of wine for some event. Maybe they were drinking that same stuff on this trip. Some of these travellers could literally be the same people from that 90s story.

Since the list in question is shown in the Khao Sod article linked in the OP I think they are going to need a big courtroom since I assume TV are now in the frame for sharing it as well.

2 hours ago, seajae said:

21 million including 600,000 baht  just on food, seems just a tad outlandish, one has to wonder why so many had to attend and why civilians were included as well as why so many underling officers. Definitely ranks up there with a jaunt for the boys(and girls)

Never would want to take the junta's side, but is there a (Thai) national carrier that actually flies to Hawaii?  According to Thai's website, Hawaii is not mentioned as a destination.  If there is not national carrier that goes to Hawaii, then they may be justified in using a charter.  And if it were justified, would B550,000 per lackey be obscene ?  It would be terribly painful to have to side with the junta.

None of them has the slightest idea of what transparency in government is about.......The Thai people have every right to know about these trips.

Thai Airways, an international airline company, has zero right to engage the RTP on a witch hunt.......when the passenger list more than likely came from their office.

3 hours ago, keith101 said:

the Thai people have a right to know who was on the flight and what their money was paying for , full transparency is the only way to put this storey to bed .

True - but zero chance of that as usual.

Find it kind of funny that the word "Transparency" often comes up in official statements, but "National Security" is used when the news is not so good. Kind of strange...

I guess "Transparency" is for the good news and "National Security" is for bad news.

Edited by khunpa

Just now, mtls2005 said:

Interesting that the most important thing is to find and jail whoever leaked the passenger list.

Of course! People have lost face and somebody has to pay for it.

3 hours ago, AGareth2 said:

who's the blonde?

Maybe the TV reporter rumored to be romantically involved with Prawit. But it could be anyone on the list Khaosad published.

Edited by Xircal

Just now, Xircal said:

The TV reporter rumored to be romantically involved with Prawit I guess. She's number 39 in the list Khaosad published.

She is a TV presenter on Army Ch. 5, but she denies going on this trip. Says she was doing a broadcast (taped?) on Friday, and "at her garden home in Nakhon Nayok" (alone) over the weekend.

Maybe Mrs. Prawit (first wife) is on the war-path after seeing the passenger list, and this is all a face-saving cover-up?

4 hours ago, keith101 said:

the Thai people have a right to know who was on the flight and what their money was paying for , full transparency is the only way to put this storey to bed .

Let's do some maths (English). 20 million divided by 40 passengers is 500,000 per person. Were they all first class?

I am still trying to make sense of the headline...

Someone at Thai-Airways leaks information to the public via Social Media and Thai-Airways wants to prosecute "The Internet"?'

Where do you even start, if you aim to prosecute "The Internet"?

11 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Let's do some maths (English). 20 million divided by 40 passengers is 500,000 per person. Were they all first class?

Well, a 747 isn't a balloon which will float across the ocean without power. So deduct about three million for the round trip fuel costs. That and the cost of chartering the aircraft.

It was still a lavish trip by Thai standards though.

Its blatantly obvious that thais dont like nor respect there country in any way shape or form to not demand fairness and transparency. Not enough respect to vote even. Theres something really really wrong here but thais have mental block or something. 

Ill never fly thaiairways again as my own little protest.

Lock up all these idiots for what they have done.

Take on the internet?. Next sue god, water to wine, etc...

Idiots.

The government has also refused to disclose who was traveling with Gen. Prawit. However, an anti-junta Facebook page called “Stop Hypocrisy in Thailand” on Sunday published what it said was the passenger list, which included two businessmen unrelated to defense affairs and a TV reporter rumored to be romantically involved with Prawit.  ROMANTICALLY INVOLVED WITH PRAWIT....! 555555555555555555555555.....I am going to be sick.

I thought I heard that the charter was in order as there was no direct flight to Hawaii from Bangkok and the time of the officials was very important. So as not to waste their time they needed a direct flight. So instead of laying over in Tokyo for three hours and paying, 45,000 per head they paid so much more to sit around in Hawaii.
As far as suing the people that leaked the story instead of taking responsibility that is the norm. Drive on any road in Thailand, if the car in front of you drifts into your lane almost colliding with you and you give a tap on the horn to alert them, they will slow down and give you the evil eye for bringing attention to their mistake.
I'm not sure what everyone is up in arms about. Seems perfectly normal for the land of smiles.