Granddad Phaen says thanks for the donations: But that is enough now!

rooster59

Granddad Phaen says thanks for the donations: But that is enough now!

grandad.PNG
Image: Daily News

A Thai grandfather who received a flood of money from the public after suffering theft has thanked all of the people who have helped him and his wife.

But he said that he now has more than enough - if people want to donate more go and give it to someone else who needs it, he said.

The case of Phaen Paewphonsong, 72, and his wife tugged at the heartstrings of the Thai public.

The Buriram native lost 15,000 baht that was stolen from a bag. The lost money was to help his handicapped granddaughter who he was taking to hospital at the time to renew her disabled registration card.

Money poured into a bank account set up for him. But after 1,257,000 baht was deposited he has said "that's enough".

"It is very kind of everyone", he said. "I can now make repairs to the house that need doing too. But I have more than enough to help my family now. Please help someone else".

Local officials and representatives of the bank are promising all sorts of measures to ensure that Phaen and his family are safeguarded from people who might take advantage of their good fortune.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-10-08

4 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

How humbling.

The almost forgotten generation. Really a great read. Yes as one reader states a great merit making project. The milk of human kindness does still pour forth. It restores my faith in my fellow man to give generously in times of need. Once you go up the invisible caste ladder here this generosity seems to fade away. 

Edited by elgordo38

3 hours ago, kingalfred said:

Interesting that measures have to be taken to prevent "those taking advantage of good fortune" in other words criminals and scammers in Thailand. A plethora of there are!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Bloody hell, trust you to take that tack in a very positive thread.