Getting land valued?

MickeyMaow

Land is worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

There are obviously lots of variables ie location, land title, water/electric, local amenities etc

Banks will under value land and locals generally over value their own land.

See what similar plots are being advertised for, average them out and then knock off 10-15% for a more realistic figure !!!

It is very difficult because most of the sales are between individual Thais with no centralised reporting.  What you can do however is review the property listings offered by Thai banks, and then do a search for land in the area or province you are chasing.  At least then you can get a realistic ball park figure.

Below is a handy webpage that links to the current property listings for all Thai banks.

Property Listings For All Thai Banks

been down this road some 13 yrs ago,and would say its the same scenario

the owner would have a way over the odds price tag,and in most cases would increase it annually or there abouts

in my case,Beverly Hills Maerim, the owner initially asked for a 1 million baht  rai,  i returned fire   with  400.000 baht  bid,which was flatly rejected

some 6 months later received a phone call from the owner accepting my bid, and would pay all taxs involved

BUT

E/S had to fish the land titled deeds out of his bank,as he had taken out a loan on the land and could not meet the repayments, hence a quick deal was needed,etc etc

the land these days would fetch around his asking price plus more  all those yrs back

the key to being not ripped off, is to scout around , and make offers which you feel are ball park figures,then sit back and smoke a pipe

sure that  most land owners will lead you a merry dance, until one is under pressure to sell at the market price

Mickey  enjoy the dance, you will learn  all the mechanics very quickly, and take your time cobber, and enjoy it ,as E/S did, best of luck

its a Kinks good morning to all

Archived