Retirement visa advice

• If you have an extension of stay (retirement) issued by Immigration then your wife can get an extension of stay, on the back of yours, as your wife.
  • She will need a Non Immigrant 'O' visa/entry to qualify.
Edited by elviajero

You apparently have an extension of stay based upon retirement not a visa. Or have you only done a conversion to a 90 day non immigrant visa entry at Bangkok immigration.

If you have an extension of stay your wife can obtain a an extension based upon being your dependent. It will be valid to the date yours ends. To apply for it she will need a single entry non-o visa from a nearby embassy or consulate.

Your marriage certificate will need to be legalized by the government in the UK to apply for the extension. Info for getting it done is here. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/461071/Legalising_a_signature_or_seal_final_Sept_15.pdf

Thanks for the information. So she can get it. At present she has a multi entry for 9 months from when came from the uk to Thailand.
So we would need to get our marriage certificate certified first from the British embassy?
Would we need to leave the country to go to nearby embassy to apply once I have my marriage certificate legalised?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

2 minutes ago, petsounds said:

Thanks for the information. So she can get it. At present she has a multi entry for 9 months from when came from the uk to Thailand.
So we would need to get our marriage certificate certified first from the British embassy?
Would we need to leave the country to go to nearby embassy to apply once I have my marriage certificate legalised?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

What type of multiple entry visa does she have. If it is a non-o visa she can apply for the dependent extension at immigration during the last 30 days of any of the the 90 day entries from her visa. If not she can apply for a single entry non-o visa without the legalization being completed.

The embassy does not do the legalization.  It is done at the " Legalisation Office, Milton Keynes, UK" (quote of info on PDF file I posted a link to).

9 minutes ago, petsounds said:

• She can get a Non 'O' Visa without your marriage certificate being legalised.
  • The marriage certificate needs legalising before you apply for the extension of stay.

13 minutes ago, petsounds said:

The British Embassy will not "certify" your marriage certificate follow the link provided by ubonjoe.

Your wife will have to obtain an "O" visa from a nearby Thai Embassy/Consulate