Saraburi Immigration

Jogden

Hello all, if needed in Saraburi there is an immigration office. It's in the PTT service station next door to St John Mary International school on the Bangkok side of the main road. Normal for me... no hand phone or camera.

Thanks for the "heads up" Jogden. Does anybody know if this new office is operational, or have a contact number.  I have a 90 day report next week which I would normally complete at Lopburi immigration. I have done a preliminary internet search with no success.

What I found is a FB page of Saraburi immigration (Thai language only).

Tel. nr. 036 225 368

https://www.facebook.com/ตรวจคนเข้าเมืองจังหวัดสระบุรี-1702256030034531/

The photos are from August.

You see the office under construction (paint buckets around).

Location?

They have a map on the site.

Place marker is:

And indeed on one of the photos you see it seems being next to a 7/11 (?) and in the glass (mirror) you see the PTT station :biggrin:

Unsure, try the phone number.

(click to enlarge)

13876622_1713050095621791_75851664006318

34 minutes ago, Maestro said:

I've got a question: in what Immigration region is Saraburi? Central or Northeast? I'm asking because I am colour-coding the markers on my map by region.

Silly me, Central region, of course, seeing that it was posted in the Central Thailand Forum.

47 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Wait a moment. With the PTT building reflected in the photo, the immigration office building must be 50–100 metres north of PTT. Is that right?

No Maestro, the immigration office is in part of the main building... if that makes any sense? So you drive into the service station, pumps are in the middle and the first building that is closest to the exit has the immigration office, its just a small set up. 

19 hours ago, Maestro said:

The PTT building is quite big. If it has more than one entrance, where exactly on the building should I place the marker for the immigration office?

Saraburi.png

About there in the red circle.

saraburi_imm_ptt.jpg

I did my 90 day report at the new Saraburi Bureau yesterday (Tuesday 18th Oct), closed for lunch 1200 to 1300 hours. Fully staffed including two officers previously working in the Lopburi Bureau, only 3 customers at 1pm when it re-opened. Handed in my Passport which had a Bar Coded "Receipt of Notification" from the Lopburi Bureau, it was scanned and new receipt printed. No other documentation asked for, all completed within 15 minutes.

If you are returning in the direction of Saraburi, It's best to drive along the frontage road to the U-Turn bridge. (I missed the first one)!

Thanks to Jogden and KhunBENQ, it was easy to find.  

Thanks for the updated info, good to know.

I'm due for my annual marriage renewal in a couple of months. I normally go to the Lop Buri office. I know they have my previous applications and renewal history there so would this be a problem if I went to the new office, or should I still go to the Lop Buri office this time and inform them that it's easier for me to go to the new office and they could have the relevant information sent there for the next time?

Thanks.

21 hours ago, Beachcomber said:

Thanks for the updated info, good to know.

I'm due for my annual marriage renewal in a couple of months. I normally go to the Lop Buri office. I know they have my previous applications and renewal history there so would this be a problem if I went to the new office, or should I still go to the Lop Buri office this time and inform them that it's easier for me to go to the new office and they could have the relevant information sent there for the next time?

Thanks.

I used to report to the Lopburi Bureau, it is much closer and more convenient for me than the Saraburi Bureau. I phoned Lopburi and was told I must use the Saraburi office since I lived in Saraburi, my files had been sent there for extension purposes and the 90 day report was all completed on their computer. So the brief answer is, as I understand it, if there is an Immigration Bureau in your Changwat; that's where you go.

Thanks Nibor 

Think I'll take a drive to the location of the new immigration office one day just to check how to actually get there.

I hate those dual carriageways with Frontage roads running along side of them, you can easily miss a turning or gas station or a u-turn by being in the wrong road and then have to go miles to find an opportunity to turn round and try again. 

Then there's the chance of being in the wrong lane again on the way back and missing the u-turn going the other way.

This could go on for quite a while or is it just me :shock1:

:smile: 

On ‎20‎/‎10‎/‎2559 at 11:22 AM, Nibor1945 said:

I used to report to the Lopburi Bureau, it is much closer and more convenient for me than the Saraburi Bureau. I phoned Lopburi and was told I must use the Saraburi office since I lived in Saraburi, my files had been sent there for extension purposes and the 90 day report was all completed on their computer. So the brief answer is, as I understand it, if there is an Immigration Bureau in your Changwat; that's where you go.

I have a friend who lives ,as the crow fly's 4 km from me ,I am in Lopburi  province ,he is in  Saraburi   province  just on the border ,he dose have a  Saraburi  address, he  phoned up Lopburi  office ,was told now must use  Saraburi  office , almost twice the distance .

I did  my 90 day  2 weeks ago  ,I went in to  the Lopburi  office ,not even a  good morning ,or what do you want , fist thing  was" where  do you live ", so they are now  getting very  fussy ,about  where you live .and what  office to use.

But it was nice ,walked in to Lopburi  office  ,no  one there , place  empty  in out  10 minuets .

When I think back to the  hours I have spent  at  the Bangkok  office ,this is a big  improvement , proves some things in LOS  do work .

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 0:05 PM, KhunBENQ said:

The latest entry in FB confirms the OP (at PTT station) and that is "open for service" since Oct 3.

That is the PTT with immigration :biggrin:

https://www.google.co.th/maps/@14.4626287,100.9059841,3a,75y,171.81h,84.24t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sOKI_m-JR0ImB1oIFtu-H6g!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Forget the one in previous post (can not edit).

You can now. :thumbsup:

• 5 months later...
On 10/20/2016 at 0:21 PM, Beachcomber said:

Thanks Nibor 

Think I'll take a drive to the location of the new immigration office one day just to check how to actually get there.

I hate those dual carriageways with Frontage roads running along side of them, you can easily miss a turning or gas station or a u-turn by being in the wrong road and then have to go miles to find an opportunity to turn round and try again. 

Then there's the chance of being in the wrong lane again on the way back and missing the u-turn going the other way.

This could go on for quite a while or is it just me :shock1:

It NOT just you. They have located the Immigration office in the most inaccessible place. That place is 5 km from the city proper. When you want to head back, the nearest u-turn is 10 km away.

It is not that far I know but trying to dodge trucks, buses, pick up trucks while driving on that highway on a motorbike is only for those with a death wish. 

I hope they transfer to the police station in the city proper or build them their own building inside the stadium. 

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 8:51 AM, sensei said:

It NOT just you. They have located the Immigration office in the most inaccessible place. That place is 5 km from the city proper. When you want to head back, the nearest u-turn is 10 km away.

It is not that far I know but trying to dodge trucks, buses, pick up trucks while driving on that highway on a motorbike is only for those with a death wish. 

I hope they transfer to the police station in the city proper or build them their own building inside the stadium. 

I feel for you :sad:

While the wife's been up north visiting relatives with the kids and car I've been using her "shopping " bike to get around so have some idea of what it's like to be a biker again.

I'm not a bike person and previously have in the past only been riding round the holiday resorts which is a totally different experience from riding in traffic where people aren't in holiday mode and only wanting to get to work or shopping or the like.

Riding round on a bike has given be a fresh perspective on bikers and why they behave like they do. I will be much more tolerant of them when I'm back in the car again.  

A good learning curve for me. Would be a good idea for all car drivers to spend a week riding round on a bike to see what it's like. Similarly a week in a car for bike riders would not be a bad idea either. :smile:

I see PTT have built a new gas station immediately before the current one and most of the services and shops have moved to the new one. As of yesterday Immigration is still at the old station, which now looks like a ghost town, so does any one know if immigration will also be moving to the new station, or perhaps locate in town to make it more accessible for people in general?