3BB FTTx 200/50 Promotion

Pib

Earlier the 3BB 100 down/10 up for Bt1200/mo was 3BB's latest fiber internet promotion.  Now they have a 200/50 for Bt1200/mo promotion.  

Seems the rapid expansion of fiber optics in Thailand has resulted in some serious competition, price reduction, and plan speed increase among Internet Service Providers.  No sooner than you sign up for one promotion, a significantly better/faster/cheaper promotion comes out.   But hey, that's a good thing.  

I'm not with 3BB...just FYI for you folks who have 3BB internet service in your area.

http://www.3bb.co.th/3bb/product/details/45469

Capture.JPG

They just upped the speed. I downloaded a torrent 15 minutes ago and the speed was a regular 12MBs. Then I uploaded a new torrent and the speed was 24.3MBs. I first thought it was an error in the torrent client but my windows performance also read 207mbs.

The checked the 3bb homepage and yes .. it seems every 100mbs subscriber gets now 200mbs. Unfortunately I don't think it will improve the international streaming speed.

ILlmMZp4w.png

RWE7Hv1de.png

Edited by sniffdog

8 hours ago, sniffdog said:

Unfortunately I don't think it will improve the international streaming speed.

There's the rub.

These hugely high speeds look great on paper but seem to fall over completely as soon as you look outside of Thailand. I would rather buy a service that advertises real rates to/from the US or the UK.

Just for comparison to sniffdog's test to Tokyo where a 44MB download file size was used, here's what I got with my AIS 50/10 plan with a 50Mb Manual download test.   Got basically the same speed to Tokyo with my AIS 50 plan as sniffdog's 3BB 200Mb plan.

To Tokyo

yzZmCoTw5.png

And of course my AIS 50 plan to Singapore can not approach the speed sniffdog is getting to Singapore with his 200Mb plan, but I did get pretty close to 50Mb....my plan's limit.

To Singapore

qNoKDMb41.png

But considering the previous 3BB 100/10 plan only cost Bt1200/mo which I though was a good deal price-wise and now it appears people can get 200/50 for the same Bt1200 price, that's definitely a good deal in my book.  Just to have more choice I wish 3BB came into my western Bangkok moobaan but they don't...they stop right outside the moobaan.  My ISP choices are TOT ADSL, True DOCSIS/cable, and just recently AIS Fibre.

Would be interesting to see some Speedtest.net (a multithread tester) and Testmy.net (a single thread tester) tests to the U.S. west coast and to Europe using the 3BB 200/50 plan.   Hint...hint....grin.