Watching Football near Promenada

stament

So we have just moved into the area and I was wondering what bars or restaurants very close to thevPromenada junction show live Premiership football as I am not keen on trawling intomtown evertytime to watch a match and I prefer watching it away from home.

Does the Proemenada outside food area show it at all?

All contributions welcome as always. ?

59 minutes ago, Paul Catton said:

Think you didn't do 100% due diligence when looking at Location, Location, Location.

Klua Donpim Thai Kiwi possibly are still operating and possibly in the catchment area, else it's Loi Khro after a CEC breakfast.

It would be a long wait for a live EPL game to the end of October they start at 9pm local time Saturdays Sundays 10pm  or 1.45am for midweek games

1 hour ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

Dayli usually shows it...Nimman soi 11.  I spent three hours one morning wakjing around the Prom naighborhood and I'll I could find was a mom/pop with old beer...bad location, IMO.  

I would hate to be a rally driver with you as my navigator!

I said near Promenada, thats the opposite side of town practically. Ok, perhaps I wasnt specific enough, near within 1km of Promenada....

Any suggestions within 1km? ?

Who said q

1 hour ago, Paul Catton said:

Think you didn't do 100% due diligence when looking at Location, Location, Location.

Klua Donpim Thai Kiwi possibly are still operating and possibly in the catchment area, else it's Loi Khro after a CEC breakfast.

Very witty Paul as usual ?

I look fwd to dragging you to some of those establishments in Feb!

53 minutes ago, fcgprg said:

It would be a long wait for a live EPL game to the end of October they start at 9pm local time Saturdays Sundays 10pm  or 1.45am for midweek games

Mr Stament didn't state he wanted live matches.

More so not residing permanently there yet, delayed highlighted matches should suffice, finding a venue to watch delayed EPL in an establishment close to indicated home is the challenge.

1 hour ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

I would hate for you to be one of my students if I was still a teacher.  I said there ain't <deleted> out there by Prom...I was giving a good alternative, but OTOH, it's terrible, much better to pay 80 for a small instead of 55 for a large.

I would hate to have been taught by you as a teacher as the inflexibility in this post borders abuse.

1 hour ago, stament said:

Who said q

Very witty Paul as usual ?

I look fwd to dragging you to some of those establishments in Feb!

Wasn't meant to be a witty reply, 

Not the best area for post requirement, if EPL was dropped out of the equation Garden Bar and I'm in.

1 hour ago, Paul Catton said:

Mr Stament didn't state he wanted live matches.

More so not residing permanently there yet, delayed highlighted matches should suffice, finding a venue to watch delayed EPL in an establishment close to indicated home is the challenge.

Second line I am sure that says Live, so it would be a long wait due to the CEC breakfast being on a Friday morning

Edited by fcgprg

3 hours ago, fcgprg said:

Second line I am sure that says Live, so it would be a long wait due to the CEC breakfast being on a Friday morning

Second line? "live" is on the 3rd line on my tablet, maybe you have a better tablet or laptop. ?

You are correct in that I did say I was interested in live matches. 

As for your earlier post on times, where you mention the 9pm local start you are clearly forgetting the 1230 UK KOs we sometimes enjoy such as this weekend when Chelsea play Leicester which is 1830 local time or 1930 once British summer time ends. Quite often on Sundays there are early KOs UK time sometimes 1330 or 1400 UK time which is +6 hrs now or +7hrs once BST ends. Both of which arent really that late Thai time for watching a match.

Admittedly, later KOs qnd particularly early or late evenings would beva struggle to watch in that area I imagine and a lot of other areas unless its a private place, lock-in or where the lcal plod have been paid their tea money.

4 hours ago, Paul Catton said:

Wasn't meant to be a witty reply, 

Not the best area for post requirement, if EPL was dropped out of the equation Garden Bar and I'm in.

Ohh but you were right. I am guessing you never watched the classic Men Behaving Badly episode when they went searching for a new house to rent!  Clearly, I missed a trick and didnt follow their approach.. Watch it on you tube!!. Highly recommended.

I look fwd to having catching up with you whether its over a beer in LK road, breakfast at CEC, or somewhere else.  Good company is hard to come by.....so should be valued ?

Thanks Nancy for the plug but unless I am mistaken its not near Promenada. I can go to numrous places I know within/close to the moat area, but I asked for someting near Promenada.

I understand my original posting wasnt specific enough so I clarified in a subsequent post I wanted it near, preferably within 1km. To be more precise has to be nearer than Chang Klan Rd if that help or further away than the CEC if that helps ? 

Once again apologies for not being more specific on what is near.

I hope this clarifies now. ??

6 hours ago, fcgprg said:

Apologies and I stand corrected, need a bigger display or eye test/new glasses from a temple fair next visit.

Edited by Paul Catton

11 hours ago, Paul Catton said:

Klua Donpim Thai Kiwi is being displayed as permanently closed.

If you go towards Doi Saket past the entrance To the Festival parking lot and turn left into the first Soi, down about 100 m on the left is a small bar, the owner will put on any sporting event you choose assuming you are not going to nurse one beer for 90 minutes.

Sorry to state the obvious, but if a persons VERY keen to watch all The English Premiership games live,  why not, ( expects gasps of horror!) actually purchase Truevisions newly re acquired and now excellent service, all games shown, including four at any one time on a Saturday, all in HD, plus added bonus of other major European leagues too?

And no, I dont work for True,  I just prefer to watch the games live in full without trailing around all sweaty looking for it!

14 minutes ago, EL159 said:

Sorry to state the obvious, but if a persons VERY keen to watch all The English Premiership games live,  why not, ( expects gasps of horror!) actually purchase Truevisions newly re acquired and now excellent service, all games shown, including four at any one time on a Saturday, all in HD, plus added bonus of other major European leagues too?

And no, I dont work for True,  I just prefer to watch the games live in full without trailing around all sweaty looking for it!

You are right it does seem obvious doesnt it? And yes I do have that but I also like watching it at a bar from time to time or for particular matches.

In certain instances I like to go out amd watch it and I am looking to find somewhere not too far from my home that screens matches, maybe just early ones if the later ones arent possible.

25 minutes ago, EL159 said:

True Visions at 3,000 Baht/USD $100 per month for their Platinum package even when they lost the football to CTH?

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

2 minutes ago, Mekong Thunder said:

True Visions at 3,000 Baht/USD $100 per month for their Platinum package even when they lost the football to CTH?

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Platinum sevice is nowhere near 3000 baht.  I pay 2600 but that includes the rental of a second box upstairs which I think costs 400 a month, so Platinum service with only one box much closer to 2000 than 3000, OK? Check your facts out before you start laughing, Mekong, always a good idea!