Cause of mass stingray deaths not yet established

webfact

Cause of mass stingray deaths not yet established

71149d0269f2bd9ba0725b70d9828d65-wpcf_72

SAMUT SONGKRAM: -- As local authorities have not yet established the actual cause of the mass death of freshwater stingrays in the Mae Klong river, but most local residents strongly believe waste water discharged by factories near the river caused the mass death.

This was revealed at yesterday meeting summoned by the governor of Samut Songkram to discuss the death of the stingrays.

Representatives from the Department of  Pollution Control, and agencies concerned and local residents took part at the meeting.

However the meeting could not either conclude the cause of the mass death or point out what was the cause.

Until yesterday local authorities and residents living on the river banks have so far collected 45 dead stingrays.

Yesterday veterinarian Dr Nantarika Chansue from Chulalongkorn university disclosed that the laboratory examination of  five dead stingrays found that the creatinine level in the kidneys was very high or as much as 20 times higher than normal level which indicated that they were not died from the natural substance but some chemical substances.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/cause-mass-stingray-deaths-not-yet-established/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-10-12

really have to wonder if this is caused by the same reason the whales in the gulf of Thailand are also dying(10% of the whale population so far), the pollution in Thailand waterways is so bad its a wonder there is anything living in it and its why I refuse to eat local seafood. All the rubbish, crap and chemicals are just dumped in the water, much easier/cheaper than binning it or disposing of it properly, unfortunately thais seem to have no regard the the well being of their country, they are destroying it with their who cares attitude and laziness.

1 hour ago, NongKhaiKid said:

If they really want to know what happened to Stingray they need to call in Troy Tempest and Phones, Commander Shore and his daughter Atlanta.

I think I've just dated myself.

Marina aqua Marina.

Edited by freebyrd
mispelling

1 hour ago, ourmanflint said:

Surely suicide must be on the table? Can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet

My thoughts also

I can just see these creatures jumping out of the polluted water and dying in the polluted air

On a par with the local pass time of fly tipping, its cheap and its not my problem.

A scenic country is being destroyed by so many people who just dont care, do you think we should tell TAT or just sweep it under the carpet?

really have to wonder if this is caused by the same reason the whales in the gulf of Thailand are also dying(10% of the whale population so far), the pollution in Thailand waterways is so bad its a wonder there is anything living in it and its why I refuse to eat local seafood. All the rubbish, crap and chemicals are just dumped in the water, much easier/cheaper than binning it or disposing of it properly, unfortunately thais seem to have no regard the the well being of their country, they are destroying it with their who cares attitude and laziness.

I can see a lot of verbal attacks coming your way from Thai apologists swing them amulets in anger !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk