BluPort Cineplex & Village Market Cineplex

sledpull

Wow, It would have been nice if Blu Port had gotten another theater company if there is another one in Thailand.  Both of the theaters are now playing the same movies with very limited engagements for original sound track (English).  8 theater screens now with same exclusion of people wishing to view a first run movie in English.

One theater dedicated to English original sound track movies would be great.  "If they build it, they will come!"

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, ItDontMeanAThing said:

Care to explain why there have been 1-2 English movies a week at MV since July 1 (as far back as I checked) and 2-4 combined since Bluport opened?

Yes I would "care to explain" They did a trial run a few years ago (as it clearly states in my post)  then dropped it, if they have brought them back then great

Hope that makes you feel better now cupcake

Edited by darrendsd

3 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

Yes I would "care to explain" They did a trial run a few years ago (as it clearly states in my post)  then dropped it, if they have brought them back then great

Hope that makes you feel better now cupcake

I hope you feel better having recognized that posting old information is useless.

Bluport has a discount card for 150 Baht if you are retired. It is a nicer experience than MV and has more original soundtrack movie times. As I understood it, on Tuesdays you get a discount for the movie 90-120 baht only.  I show the card when paying even on Thursdays when the new releases are shown. The regular seats are normally 200 baht.

Many of Hollywood's new releases are not shown in Hua Hin especially when compared with Pattaya's theatres.

Bluport has a discount card for 150 Baht if you are retired. It is a nicer experience than MV and has more original soundtrack movie times. As I understood it, on Tuesdays you get a discount for the movie 90-120 baht only.  I show the card when paying even on Thursdays when the new releases are shown. The regular seats are normally 200 baht.

Many of Hollywood's new releases are not shown in Hua Hin especially when compared with Pattaya's theatres.

Thanks for the info.
Well worth checking out.

On 11/23/2016 at 9:46 AM, sledpull said:

Had a very enjoyable day at the movies today. Great picture, excellent sound and in English. The concierge explained that movies with only Soundtrack next to them are in English. 

I would think that Bluport is now #1 employer in Hua Hin and is a great place and will not be going away in the future. From the food courts to the restaurants from the shops to the cinemas all really great. 

I don't think one or two sadsack expats are going to have a lot of effect on it's future.

Continuing to hitch-hike on the subject.  Tuesday showing my Bluport Cineplex Savings Card (if retired)(150 Baht) and paid only 60 Baht and 200 for my wife.  The ambiance at Bluport Cineplex is fantastic.  The seating arrangement, soft music and free wifi access while awaiting the wife to arrive was refreshing.

Thursday, I will watch Under World and see what it costs with the card now that I am paying attention.

Continuing to hitch-hike on the subject.  Tuesday showing my Bluport Cineplex Savings Card (if retired)(150 Baht) and paid only 60 Baht and 200 for my wife.  The ambiance at Bluport Cineplex is fantastic.  The seating arrangement, soft music and free wifi access while awaiting the wife to arrive was refreshing.
Thursday, I will watch Under World and see what it costs with the card now that I am paying attention.

Does your wife get discount?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

1 hour ago, sledpull said:

just did my card today. 

Watched Fantastic Beasts last week and it great.

Now all I have to do is work out how those ticket machines.

The discount card is only for retired folks.  Showed them my passport and paid 150 Baht for the Tuesday discounts.  As I said I will check tomorrow on the price with card for Thursdays (new release day). Will check and see if they have a set retirement age for card access. Wife is too young so full price is in order for her. Hope this helps.

FYI-The mezzanine (1M & 2M) parking areas were blocked yesterday for some reason.

Went there today for the first time, fairly impressed. Well laid out on each floor, including the food court. I think the prices were above older places but not too bad. Lots of parking spaces and not a lot of customers on any floor. Every salesperson we spoke to was very friendly and helpful. Don't think we would ever go on a weekend though.

Research FYI:

Bluport Cineplex Generation Freedom Card (discount card) requirements:

60 years old, passport and 150 Baht at concierge desk at theatre

Tuesday special: 60 Baht with card, normally 200

Thursday (new release day usually)-showed card paid 110 Baht-(regular price 220)

Staff English skills excellent plus very helpful!

Park on floor 2 and walk directly into theatre area

Bonus Package:  Sign up for M Card @ Bluport- (through 31 Dec)- Free- 5 % off purchases plus several coupons for many specials

Please pass on to friends-Thanks!

1 hour ago, sledpull said:

Research FYI:

Bluport Cineplex Generation Freedom Card (discount card) requirements:

60 years old, passport and 150 Baht at concierge desk at theatre

Tuesday special: 60 Baht with card, normally 200

Thursday (new release day usually)-showed card paid 110 Baht-(regular price 220)

Staff English skills excellent plus very helpful!

Park on floor 2 and walk directly into theatre area

Bonus Package:  Sign up for M Card @ Bluport- (through 31 Dec)- Free- 5 % off purchases plus several coupons for many specials

Please pass on to friends-Thanks!

thank you great research.

Just to add - prices vary from day to day with Friday to Sunday the most expensive. I can't remember what they are but there is a price list in the middle of all the E ticket machines.

And for us less fortunate motor bike parking - basement - enter from north side of complex. (free).

My only regret is no choc tops.....:sad:

Edit: and a big thumbs up to the staff they are as sledpull said excellent.

Edited by pcliff069