visa help and advice

Hello all

I know that this or very similar has been posted I guess too many times but my head is SPINNING !!!!!!!!!!!!

I've tried calling the embassy in London but to no avail and TBH has just confused me more...

I really need CLEAR advice and direction PLEASE

I'm legally married to a Thai lady who is on her UK visa here in UK before anyone says anything Im one of the lucky ones were happy and theres no money worries etc with her

we ar living in UK however We are having a house built in Thailand.

I'm 64... 65 next June

I would like to stay in Thailand for maybe up to 6 months when the weather is bad here in UK maybe eventually in time stay permanently but would want to take trips back home

So my questions are ...

What do I need get or do ???

A normal visa for 60 days then try renew in Thailand  (HOW) is that at this stage my best option  just get visas for as long as I want to stay 

Get a retirement visa as I'm 64 going on 65 (what do I need do )

I do not want to put 800,000 into a Thai bank but at present I do earn enough salary to pass the 800,00 required  is this ok ??? do I have to show my salary EVERY YEAR ?? as I said I am going on 65 so my salary would stop then whats the situation at that stage OR ... as ive shown the salary first time does that count when I want retirement visa renewed or does a retirement visa last for as long as I live OR do I loose it if I travel back to UK for say 3 months then re enter Thailand 

If I get a retirement visa can I leaver Thai and come back UK then go back to Thai again ??

I'm sorry for all questions but thank you for taking the time to read all this I hope someone maybe has or is in the same situation who can clearly advise me

Thanks everyone

Regards .... Dave

You need 800,000 Baht in a Thai Bank or 65K Baht income certified by the British Embassy if you wish to remain in Thailand as a retiree. This level of funding must be available each year. 

As you are married to a Thai lady you can obtain (from the London Thai Embassy) a multiple entry "O" visa based on your marriage. You will need copies of your wife's Thai ID card and a copy of the marriage certificate. 

Hello Fithman 

Thks for reply 

The retiree option then will be difficult as I wont have that salary for second application as I said I will retire when 65 and I wont have available 800,000 every year in a Thai bank

Yes Im married how long does this option allow me to stay / can |I renew in Thailand so I can stay long

Is this option then my best 

1 minute ago, drb said:

Hello Fithman 

Thks for reply 

The retiree option then will be difficult as I wont have that salary for second application as I said I will retire when 65 and I wont have available 800,000 every year in a Thai bank

Yes Im married how long does this option allow me to stay / can |I renew in Thailand so I can stay long

The visa is valid for one year and allows multiple 90 day stays whilst valid.( ie. You must leave the country every 90 days, enter one of the nearby countries and return to get another 90 day stay) 

The visa cannot be 'renewed' in Thailand but you could apply for an "extension of stay" if you have 400K Baht in a Thai bank or can demonstrate a monthly income of 40K Baht.

4 minutes ago, drb said:

Hello Fithman 

Thks for reply 

You can get a one year extension of stay based upon marriage to a Thai. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income.

The multiple entry non-o visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year from the date of issue.