British musician died in Pattaya bike crash

webfact

Musician died in Thai bike crash fortnight before expected permanent return home to Swansea

By SWEPnino 

pat1.jpg

Ross Mackay was planning to move back to Swansea for good

SWANSEA: -- A SWANSEA musician living in Thailand who was due to return home for good died after crashing into a pick-up truck.

Ross Mackay had been living in the Thai city of Pattaya for the past three years, and was planning to return home to Swansea just two weeks after the collision took place in Sut Soi Arumothail in the Chonburi Province.

A talented musician, he was the youngest son of Lyn Mackay, who wrote acclaimed musical Swansea Girls, which had an extended run in the city five years ago, and its successful prequel Swansea Women. Ross played guitar in the orchestras for both shows.

An inquest into the death of the 27-year-old was held at Swansea Civic Centre.

Full story: http://www.southwales-eveningpost.co.uk/musician-died-in-thai-bike-crash-fortnight-before-due-to-return-home-to-swansea/story-29802502-detail/story.html

-- South Wales Evening Post 2016-10-13

Starting a three year run in Pattaya at the age of 24 ... not the typical background story.  Wonder why he intended to wrap it up. Anyway, he probably had more fun in those three years than his friends back home will have in their longer lifetimes. RIP. 

1 hour ago, Docno said:

Starting a three year run in Pattaya at the age of 24 ... not the typical background story.  Wonder why he intended to wrap it up. Anyway, he probably had more fun in those three years than his friends back home will have in their longer lifetimes. RIP. 

I know Swansea well , believe me he would have far more fun here ,rip

2 hours ago, bark said:

This guy is very famous. But his mother had to give him a job ?

Sorry he died. But at least he had a great time; with the Thai girls.

I am sure he did, good looking young guy. Rather sad. Arunothai not a road I would expect accidents as you can rarely go very fast there.  He hit a parked vehicle so let us not blame local drivers.

Edited by jacko45k

2 hours ago, Docno said:

Story comes from Parents or other family. Better to say he was going to come back to England. Then to say that he told them he was happy in Pattaya, with all the Hot Thai girls.

21 hours ago, bark said:

Story comes from Parents or other family. Better to say he was going to come back to England. Then to say that he told them he was happy in Pattaya, with all the Hot Thai girls.

Swansea is in Wales.

49 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

I never heard a song about Swansea, enlighten me please.

Probably not about Swansea, but it's got Swansea in the title:

Barclay James Harvest. https://www.vagalume.com.br/the-barclay-james-harvest/ursula-the-swansea-song.html

And there's this, which I suppose counts as a song:

Agree, some people will never learn, no matter what, i think the latest statement will also be proof that it's not only the locals which don't get that there are places where a vehicle must absolutely not be parked in, even if it's stationary, and if common sense it's not able to see that, perhaps a quick reviews of the text books from the driving's school should help.

Living in Thailand it's never boring, there is not a single day passing by,  where some differently intelligent driver doesn't park his car, motocy, whatever else, anywhere it could possibly physically stop.....unbelievable!  

Edited by Mangostin

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, paz said:

RIP young Ross.

BTW I've been to many countries and Thailand is not any worse about how they drive or park. We don't know how this has happened.

The amount of dead people on the roads here says your

wrong.

BTW  I have worked  in  many many  countries. :jap:

Edited by onemorechang