US election: Trump presidency 'dangerous', says UN rights chief

webfact

US election: Trump presidency 'dangerous', says UN rights chief

GENEVA: -- Donald Trump's "deeply unsettling and disturbing" views make him a danger internationally, the UN's human rights chief has said.

UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Raad al-Hussein cited Mr Trump's comments on the use of torture and his attitude to "vulnerable communities".

The Republican presidential candidate's campaign has been marked by a number of controversial comments.

Full story: http://www.bbc.com/news/election-us-2016-37628345

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2016-10-13

Is there any old ratbag bureaucrat or actor the Establishment haven't prompted for an anti-Trump comment yet, saw some old Canadian PM also waded in. In fact just look at the news articles, most are about Trump, which is just a reflection of how much ranting is out there in the media.

1 hour ago, Ulysses G. said:

Foreigners need to stay out of our elections. 

Then you need to recognize that the opposite also applies, the US needs to stay well out of the politics of many other countries. It has strongly, forcefully, openly, threateningly interfered with the affairs / politics of many other countries for decades. 

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. 

3 hours ago, scorecard said:

Then you need to recognize that the opposite also applies, the US needs to stay well out of the politics of many other countries. It has strongly, forcefully, openly, threateningly interfered with the affairs / politics of many other countries for decades. 

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. 

To be fair he never said that his comment only applied to America. Nor did he say that it didn't apply to America externally.

What right does this non American UN official have to comment on a POTUS candidate?

Of course as a Moslem, who never ever criticizes Moslem countries for either creating or nor helping Moslem refugees, he's clearly not biased someone who openly speaks about Moslem terrorists and the need to combat radical Islam.

Just like his mate the Mayor of London. Another religious before politics politician and bureaucrat.

The American political establishment and the world's liberal leaders are frightened that the people of the USA might elect a non politically correct president. One who might actually see through the BS that they spout and identify the real dangers to western civilisation (what there is of it), and try and combat the threat. And , dare I say it, actually speak honestly to the American people and foreign leaders. And of course there is the threat to the status quo in Washington, no more snouts in the trough of the public purse through special interest groups.

22 minutes ago, John1012 said:

The American political establishment and the world's liberal leaders are frightened that the people of the USA might elect a non politically correct president. One who might actually see through the BS that they spout and identify the real dangers to western civilisation (what there is of it), and try and combat the threat. And , dare I say it, actually speak honestly to the American people and foreign leaders. And of course there is the threat to the status quo in Washington, no more snouts in the trough of the public purse through special interest groups.

Some fair points.

And do you think Trump is the personally well balanced man to fix this, fair for all, no snouts whatever (his included) from any side in the trough . Do you think Trump is world savvy and can respect other people and their nations and their cultures? 

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Donald Trump's "deeply unsettling and disturbing" views make him a danger internationally

I can think of at least 5 other current world leaders this would apply with regard to human rights. To be fair Zeid should talk about them as well.

8 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

Foreigners need to stay out of our elections. 

So keep you bloody elections to yourself and do not poison the rest of the world with it! As long as you force the rest of the world to 'enjoy' your elections and your so-called democrazy, we will keep interfering :-)  Get used to it, buddy ;-)

So keep you bloody elections to yourself and do not poison the rest of the world with it! As long as you force the rest of the world to 'enjoy' your elections and your so-called democrazy, we will keep interfering :-)  Get used to it, buddy ;-)

You're right. U.S. elections are of global concern.

I'm sorry you guys but I am an American and I apologize for the mayhem we have caused in the world but if you think it makes any difference who is president you are sadly mistaken. The next administration will continue to undermine the working class citizens of the USA while enslaving the people of third world countries.  The American dream is over and you will suffer the consequences of this fact too. The greed has run full circle again and the people of the world will have to deal with those who have all the power. Good luck to the people. I am only kidding of course. NOT.

OK --- lots of allegations but were any police reports submitted?  Any DNA samples taken.  Otherwise they are just claims and I hate to agree with Trump but it appears to be Ms. Clinton is playing poker and she used a distraction card to divert the attention from herself (and all her scandals).

• 8 months later...