WING 41 pass opens again soon.

mamborobert

Just an advanced notice for those interested that Wing 41 pass applications for the next year are open from 1 November.

Link below has requirements for application, lodgement times, rules etc.  Apologies as is in Thai.

http://www.cm108.com/bbb/topic/1733-เตรียมพร้อม-กองบิน41-เปิดให้ทำบัตรผ่านประจำปี-2560/

10 hours ago, baywatch82 said:

Is anyone able to explain requirements and application process ?

First, during the month of November, you go to their office on the wing road and pick up an application form. That will have an English translation of everything you need. No worries.

But if I remember correctly, you need a copy of:

passport

ownership book

driver's license

Then you fill out the form, bring it and the copies of your documents back to the same office.  You will be given a receipt with a date (in February, if I remember right,) on it.  That's it.  Return to the same office with your receipt, pick up your sticker, and slap it on the vehicle.

" That will have an English translation of everything you need."

One side in Thai the other in English.

I was switched off one year and sat down to fill in the form.

It was in Thai and I was watching an elderly Thai lady fill in hers so to get some idea.

She smiled and turned her form over so I could see the in English side.

john

14 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

First, during the month of November, you go to their office on the wing road and pick up an application form. That will have an English translation of everything you need. No worries.

But if I remember correctly, you need a copy of:

passport

ownership book

driver's license

Then you fill out the form, bring it and the copies of your documents back to the same office.  You will be given a receipt with a date (in February, if I remember right,) on it.  That's it.  Return to the same office with your receipt, pick up your sticker, and slap it on the vehicle.

I have two motorcycles. Can I get a sticker for each or am I limited to 1?

Thanks

David

1 minute ago, Genericnic said:

I have two motorcycles. Can I get a sticker for each or am I limited to 1?

Thanks

David

You can get as many as you want. Just be sure to bring the paperwork for each. You will need to fill out two applications, and submit two sets of documents.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/14/2016 at 5:11 PM, jonwilly said:

" That will have an English translation of everything you need."

One side in Thai the other in English.

I was switched off one year and sat down to fill in the form.

It was in Thai and I was watching an elderly Thai lady fill in hers so to get some idea.

She smiled and turned her form over so I could see the in English side.

john

I wonder if they have changed the form. I am sitting here looking at the ones I picked up today and there is nothing on the backside ... just white space.

David

Did my application this morning for my Car & M/cycle.

About forty folk in two queues in Police Office.

Go in past the 2 queues and go around corner of the office on the right hand side.

Small window , pay B20/ form then out the back of Police office and fill in. Much simplified form in Thai, with parts in English, even an old duffer like me could fill it in. 

Then over to bench with 3 Thai lady NCOs and hand form over. They check over and fill in the Thai letters on vehicle registration, nice and polite thank you.

Join which ever of the 2 queues and pay B100/ form, receiving back the bottom section which tells you in Thai when you can collect your new stickers.

john

20 mins max.

Immigration please visit and learn.

A few questions if you would care to indulge me.

What shortcuts does this offer the benefit offer?  Where can you come out and how much time approx will it save?

Lastly, why is it only limited to a certain period of the year or is this just the renewal period and access is actually open all year round?

Google didnt help show the exact map :-(. I have read that its a shortcut between the airport and Nimmaheimen but is there only 2 exit points ie one at each end of are there other exit points? I dont go to Nimmaheimen but womdering if it can get me to KSK quicker than around the moat for example?

Can any bright spark show a map with the said road and possible exits please?

41 minutes ago, stament said:

Google didnt help show the exact map :-(. I have read that its a shortcut between the airport and Nimmaheimen but is there only 2 exit points ie one at each end of are there other exit points? I dont go to Nimmaheimen but womdering if it can get me to KSK quicker than around the moat for example?

https://www.google.com/maps/search/Wing+41,+Chiang+Mai/@18.7812949,98.9600921,15z/data=!3m1!4b1

Chiang Mai Wing Division 41 to Kasem Store @ Wing 41

EDIT:  By the way.... I lay no claim to being a bright spark by any stretch of the imagination.

There is another possible exit point but you would have to wait for the Boing777 to clear the runway.

I applied yesterday.  As someone mention, pass the lines for the windows out front to the window around the right corner.  Get an application - 20 baht per application.  Fill it out (someone helped me as I wasn't where to put my passport number).  Took application, copy of passport with signature, Copy of Tambien Lort (Car registration book - blue book) with signature and went out the back door and got in line.  They reviewed documents then sent me to lines for the windows in the front.  Paid 100 baht at the window and got my receipt.  Pass pickup date for me starts on 16-January.  The lines weren't that long.  We were there around 10:30am.

On 11/5/2016 at 7:33 AM, stament said:

A few questions if you would care to indulge me.

What shortcuts does this offer the benefit offer?  Where can you come out and how much time approx will it save?

Lastly, why is it only limited to a certain period of the year or is this just the renewal period and access is actually open all year round?

Firstly, the access is open year round, but the pass has to be renewed once a year. 

It's a good option to have.  If your objective is only to go to KSK from the airport, then you might not need to use Wing 41.  But if you want to go to Nimman or CMU/canal road, it can save you a lot of time.  The map that the hml dude provided is good.  The distance saved may not be huge.  But depending on the time of day, you can avoid a ton of traffic. 

I get mine renewed every year just to have that option. 

• 1 month later...

I just went today to get my passes renewed. I've noticed that people are being told you need a copy of your passport. Actually, what you need is a copy of the car owner's ID be it a passport or a Thai identity card.  My wife who is Thai owns the cars so it was her IDs I needed copies of.

And finally the on Wednesday the office is only open from 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM.

• 3 weeks later...

Just went today to apply for the pass...they gave me a date in April to pick up the sticker! Anyone know if they will let you go through with just the slip? 

I have been able to get through a number of times recently without a pass- it seems they are more lenient during busy times when there are farangs in the car...

Archived