What will be opened what will be closed?

peeba7

26 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

No "festivities" for 30 days whatever that means, I don't know.

Hope they close the SET stock market for 30 days too.

Disgraceful to think of people gambling on shares at a time like this. Show some respect please.

The PM tonight called for a 30 day moratorium on "entertainment," whatever that means exactly. And tonight, at least thus far, haven't seen any elaboration of that.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/PM-calls-on-all-sectors-to-refrain-holding-enterta-30297637.html

I should add, regular citizens apparently are being asked to wear black color clothes in mourning for the King starting tomorrow. The government officials are supposed to be doing that for a year. Not exactly clear how long that's going to last for ordinary folks.

For non Thais, I would certainly think, the coming days should be a time for acting and behaving very carefully and quietly in Thailand, regardless of whether you're a tourist, expat or whatever.

The Thai people and the country have suffered a great, emotional loss. I could see potentially bad things happening to non-Thais who might be foolish or unaware enough to not understand and respect that.

Archived