Multiple entry visa and cancelled work permit - please advice

Dear all, 

I have an issue regarding a cancelled work permit and the multiple entry visa that is tied to it and I could really use some advice on this.  

To keep a long story short, I resigned from my work here in Bangkok (effective the 17th of September). However, my work place did not cancel my work permit until today (14th of October) but effective from the 17th of September.

As I understand, my multiple entry visa is tied to my work permit and when the work permit is cancelled, so is my visa. I have been informed that I should go to Chaeng Wattana to get my visa stamped, so immigration officers in the airport can see that it has been cancelled. However, due to the sad events of yesterday, Chaeng Wattana closed early today and I was therefore unable to make it up there. 

I am going to Singapore for an interview on Monday (17th of October) and will return to Bangkok the following day. The plan was to get the stamp nullifying my visa, before then and then pay my overstay fine in the airport and then apply for a tourist visa coming back here, but due to the early closure of the immigration today, that is impossible. 

My multiple entry visa expires the 7th of November in my passport, so I imagine that I would be able to come back into Thailand on Tuesday, but I rather not take the chance.

I consider this predicament as a result of my former workplace dragging their feet, since I have tried to follow all rules, but I reckon that this will not really matter. 

Any advice on how to proceed in this case?

Thank you all in advance.  

I you have a multiple entry non-b visa issued by a embassy or consulate it is not tied to your job and will remain valid.

If you have an extension of stay issued by immigration it is tied to your job.

Which do you have?

9 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I you have a multiple entry non-b visa issued by a embassy or consulate it is not tied to your job and will remain valid.

If you have an extension of stay issued by immigration it is tied to your job.

Which do you have?

Thank you for your prompt reply, Ubonjoe. 

My original non-b visa was a single entry issued by an embassy. Later on, I then got a multiple entry from Chaeng Wattana. This is the one that expire on the 7th of November in my passport.

9 minutes ago, KinKinReowReow said:

Thank you for your prompt reply, Ubonjoe. 

My original non-b visa was a single entry issued by an embassy. Later on, I then got a multiple entry from Chaeng Wattana. This is the one that expire on the 7th of November in my passport.

You have a extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon working with a multiple re-entry permit.

You could ask immigration on entry from your trip to Singapore not to use your reentry permit. If they agreed you would get a visa exempt entry.

Do you have a letter from your employer stating the date your job ended? If the date was for today immigration would of canceled your extension effective today and you would of needed to leave by midnight today unless you applied for a 7 day extension.

2 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You have a extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon working with a multiple re-entry permit.

You could ask immigration on entry from your trip to Singapore not to use your reentry permit. If they agreed you would get a visa exempt entry.

Do you have a letter from your employer stating the date your job ended? If the date was for today immigration would of canceled your extension effective today and you would of needed to leave by midnight today unless you applied for a 7 day extension.

Again, thank you for the answer. Truly appreciate it. 

I tried getting a tourist visa a couple of weeks ago after a trip abroad, since I knew my predicament, but was told by immigration that they had to use my multiple entry. 

I have a "Form for work permit cancellation" (ใบแจ้งยกเลิกการอนุญาตทำงาน) which says that my resignation date was the 17th of September, but that my work permit was first cancelled the 14th of October. 

Will I be able to go to immigration at the airport, pay my overstay fine and then get a stamp on my multiple entry that cancels it and thereby apply for a tourist visa when I land again, one day later? 

2 minutes ago, KinKinReowReow said:

Again, thank you for the answer. Truly appreciate it. 

I tried getting a tourist visa a couple of weeks ago after a trip abroad, since I knew my predicament, but was told by immigration that they had to use my multiple entry. 

I have a "Form for work permit cancellation" (ใบแจ้งยกเลิกการอนุญาตทำงาน) which says that my resignation date was the 17th of September, but that my work permit was first cancelled the 14th of October. 

Will I be able to go to immigration at the airport, pay my overstay fine and then get a stamp on my multiple entry that cancels it and thereby apply for a tourist visa when I land again, one day later? 

That is cancellation of work permit receipt. It is not the same a termination letter that immigration normally wants.

Immigration at the airport will not cancel your extension and re-entry permit.

You do not get a tourist visa on entry you get a visa exempt entry.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

That is cancellation of work permit receipt. It is not the same a termination letter that immigration normally wants.

Immigration at the airport will not cancel your extension and re-entry permit.

You do not get a tourist visa on entry you get a visa exempt entry.

Thanks again Ubonjoe. I have now obtained a termination letter from my previous employer. 

However, as I read your message, I will still have to use my extension and re-entry at the permit, and can therefore not pay my overstay fine and apply for a subsequent tourist visa because my non-immi multiple entry has not been stamped invalid in Chaeng Wattana. 

So my best option is to travel on my existing visa and when I get back from Singapore, go to Chaeng Wattana, get my multiple entry visa stamped invalid, and then travel out again, pay my overstay fine and come in again to apply for tourist visa?