Where in Pattaya can I exchange Thai Baht to Singapore Dollars

JH1967

In two weeks time I am going to SIngapore for a few days. Going to another country, I always prefer to bring some local currency with me so I can pay taxi/bus/food and drinks until I can find an ATM or a currency exchange "shop".  Yesterday I therefore went to my local branch of Kasikorn to exchange some Baht to Singapore Dollars. However, I was told that they could not help me. So my question is now: where in Pattaya can I exchange Baht to Singapore Dollars? 

superrich are showing 25.45 for Singapore dollars .so i would think that one of the larger exchange shops will help, try supperrich on 3rd Road at the rear of big C extra, central road. = https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.9368025,100.8929623,3a,75y,295.53h,91.23t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1soBS_9U8P0y1SwIE9XHOpQw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

I second the recommendation to withdraw after arriving in SG. SG ATM's have no nasty 200 Baht withdrawal fee on them and there plenty of them in the terminal buildings.

No need for small change actually, as Taxis will give change without asking and there is no "TIP" whatsoever when riding a Taxi in SG. Drivers will look bewildered when you offer them a tip.

If you really think you want some small bills, then change just 500 Baht upon arrival at one of the many exchange booths

2 hours ago, steve187 said:

superrich are showing 25.45 for Singapore dollars .so i would think that one of the larger exchange shops will help, try supperrich on 3rd Road at the rear of big C extra, central road. = https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.9368025,100.8929623,3a,75y,295.53h,91.23t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1soBS_9U8P0y1SwIE9XHOpQw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

another Superrich copycat.....  but if they offer good rates, why not. Will investigate what they have on offer in the next few days....

EDIT: this copycat is actually called SUPPER RICHLY as can be seen on streetview..... even more dodgy..... LOL

Edited by siam2007

21 hours ago, Oink said:

The exchange booth outside friendship provide most currencies. If they have not got it, they will get it.

I got Vietnamese Dong from there a few weeks back.

interesting, OINKOINK, what is the spread there between buying and selling? Do they visibly publish the rates they offer? Because if not, such enterprise should not be trusted

15 hours ago, siam2007 said:

interesting, OINKOINK, what is the spread there between buying and selling? Do they visibly publish the rates they offer? Because if not, such enterprise should not be trusted

I was going on holiday to Vietnam and wanted some cash on arrival for taxis Etc.

The "enterprise" did publish their rates and was competitive. They will give you a quote on just about any currency. That is why I mention them!

On 18/10/2016 at 5:23 AM, Oink said:

I was going on holiday to Vietnam and wanted some cash on arrival for taxis Etc.

The "enterprise" did publish their rates and was competitive. They will give you a quote on just about any currency. That is why I mention them!

a quote ? They should PUBLISH the rates on a board VISIBLE to everyone - THAT would be signs of a trusted and honest company. Like Superrich in BKK does.

"giving a quote" is 100% NOT

7 hours ago, siam2007 said:

a quote ? They should PUBLISH the rates on a board VISIBLE to everyone - THAT would be signs of a trusted and honest company. Like Superrich in BKK does.

"giving a quote" is 100% NOT

Whatever! He wants to pay for a taxi, not buy a house! THB/SG$ rate is visible on a rolling LED display.

There are around 180 circulating currencies in the world. It would not be practical to publish the Offer/Bid rates for all of them!

Only the major currencies in the immediate region suffice for most people.

Edited by Oink
add line