Identify this snake for me?

properjob

Golden tree snake.  Non venomous to humans unless you are allergic, rear fanged, but very aggressive if cornered.  It will bite.. I've been bitten at least three times getting them out of the house and protecting the furniture and things from my aggressive wife with a big bamboo stick who wants to off it!

The photos illustrate nicely what i have observed to be a somewhat uhique aspect of this creature's single mindedness. He is gonna eat that frog and is unconcerned that you are there. I have had many encounters where they don't seem to care about human presence. I even had one slither across me as I lay in my hammock on his way up the post to hunt tokay in the roof.

NOT TOTALLY Harmless.....

Never 100% harmless......nothing is.....

It could jump down your throat, cause problems........jump in your soup, then jump out without you knowing; leaving bacteria....the list goes on!!!!

but 90% harmless....

On 15/10/2559 at 4:58 PM, daoyai said:

The photos illustrate nicely what i have observed to be a somewhat uhique aspect of this creature's single mindedness. He is gonna eat that frog and is unconcerned that you are there. I have had many encounters where they don't seem to care about human presence. I even had one slither across me as I lay in my hammock on his way up the post to hunt tokay in the roof.

Unbelievable for me, but very, very interesting, what you're saying. - In (or around) our house in the garden these days we have three of them. They really feel disturbed when, by chanche, I'll see them hunting a gecko-gecko (or duckto). Even as they absolutely don't like to lose their prey, they will. - OP, by the way, great pictures!

Archived