Worst country to be a car guy?

The ride though was virtually impossible to steal unless you were in 'my' know..

Car had no door handles so didn't need locks, open the door with a fob operated solenoids. Both fuel lines had hidden cable operated shut off valves. Electric fuel pumps had energiser switches, battery had a key switch isolator...Think I thought of everything..:smile:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Forgot another UK plus, I think I have the dates right..Pre 1965 rides pay no road tax, pre 1959 do not need an MOT (test certificate).

My chum was happy about that, he still has a 383ci 10 second '55 Chevy, I fabricated a dual 3" system with race mufflers, the hand brake cabling was then a problem, but not now, pre '59...:stoner:

There are so many worse countries for cars. You can buy them and run them hard here. 

For a truly bad place to have a car, try the Maldives. The only island with more than a handful of cars is Male. There it takes about 20 minutes to drive around the entire island, and most roads are only wide enough for scooters. My friends went to the university island and there is only 1 car on it! You can never get out of first gear anywhere because of traffic. No idea how much cars cost, but the president has a couple nice mercedes. Not sure why since he takes a boat to work like everyone else...

Now - what were you saying about Thailand?

Bickering posts Removed. As suggested before, the members involved would be well advised to ignore each others posts - failing that I am not going to keep Deleting Off Topic, Bickering, Flaming posts. Suspensions will be meted out instead. Got a personal problem with each other - find a Muay Thai gym.  Keep it off this Forum