Philippine National Police chief brings home fugitive ex-cop from Thailand trip

webfact

Bato brings home fugitive ex-cop from Thailand trip

By: Yuji Vincent Gonzales

INQUIRER.net

fb.png

SCREENGRAB FROM Dela Rosa’s Facebook page

MANILA: -- “A very productive hunting trip” was how Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Ronald dela Rosa described his visit to Thailand as he brought home with him a former police officer charged with the abduction and murder of a Chinese-Filipino engineer.

Dela Rosa took to Facebook on Sunday to share a photo of him at a Thailand airport with the handcuffed fugitive, who was identified as former Police Officer 1 Alexander Pangilinan, an alleged member of the “Dos Pares” group tagged in the death of Michael Chan in 2005.

Dela Rosa said Pangilinan served as a resort manager in Thailand.

Full story:http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/825853/bato-brings-home-fugitive-ex-cop-from-thailand-trip

-- INQUIRER.NET 2016-10-17

55 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

Thoroughly impressed.....by the beautiful Thai statue in the back. :smile:

Why do cops doing their job need to be constantly praised? :passifier:

Note how much of it is self-praise to try and deflect from all the deficiencies.

3 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

He's not being praised, neither is he asking for praise, he's posting what he's been doing on Facebook, that's all.

2 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Note how much of it is self-praise to try and deflect from all the deficiencies.

What self praise was there in his post and what are the deficiencies he's trying to dodge? He said that he'd had a successful trip, he wasn't rating himself.

54 minutes ago, merlin2002 said:

I can't ever remember reading a story about a Thai felon who has fled overseas, being brought back to Thailand. Why is that I wonder? 

Because it wasn't reported or you missed it?

1 hour ago, merlin2002 said:

I can't ever remember reading a story about a Thai felon who has fled overseas, being brought back to Thailand. Why is that I wonder? 

I could find no contemporary news of Alexander's escape from the Philippines but did find reference to his entry into Thailand, perhaps as early as 2006:

"Suspect fled the country & evaded arrest for 10 years while employed as resort manager in Thailand.”

http://www.zeibiz.com/2016/10/watch-bato-dela-rosa-brings-home-fugitive-thailand/

1 hour ago, merlin2002 said:

Partly because Thailand's Extradition Act only came into effect in 2008 and these cases tend to move slowly, partly because some countries are reluctant to extradite Thais back to Thailand, for a number of reasons (some of which are quite sensible). The most important test case right now is Nen Kham, the jetset monk, who is being held in US custody. The Thais are trying their best to get him back but it's going to be a long process. 

52 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

What self praise was there in his post and what are the deficiencies he's trying to dodge? He said that he'd had a successful trip, he wasn't rating himself.

If you weren't in such a rush to jump in with a smart remark you'd see my post and the one i was answering were a general reference to police officers not this one in particular.

5 hours ago, Somtamnication said:

Because they are hardly successful, so let them gloat as long as they don't frame or  get the innocents 

44 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I thought the philippine police were allowed to murder with impunity under the current psycho president.

This guy might get a new position.

Possibly he entered Thailand for the sole purpose to  practice exterminating drug dealers and innocent people.

And I thought only Mossad or CIA are capable to take such shortcuts bypassing unwilling foreign governments.

How could he simply handcuff the guy and bring him through to the plane passing immigration?

He must have had some fruitful informal talk at this police meeting :biggrin:

Edited by KhunBENQ

It wasn't his intention to publicize this. He was just showing that "in just 3 months " being the chief, he captured a runaway criminal who had been hiding (and working here?) for 10 years the previous administrations' haven't done. 

Another thing, president Duterte is NOT a psychopath; He was just misunderstood by psychologically-impaired pops. 

The Philippines will benefit from all of these in the future. There are still 86% of legit population regard this as "immediate need"  of the republic. 

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

And I thought only Mossad or CIA are capable to take such shortcuts bypassing unwilling foreign governments.

How could he simply handcuff the guy and bring him through to the plane passing immigration?

He must have had some fruitful informal talk at this police meeting :biggrin:

There was no mention of cooperation by the RTP who has the only authority to arrest and detain suspects IN Thailand. Bota had no such authority on his own. There is no mention of any request for extradition by the Philippine government nor any hearing by the Thai Foreign Ministry to grant extradition. And there's no mention of RTP presence in accused murderer Alexander's departure through and from the airport!

How could Bota get Alexander through customs without issue? Aside from any illegal process including a procedural "fix", might Bota have had a diplomatic Philippine passport in Alexander's name that could bypass immigration scrutiny? Notice Alexander's presumbly handcuffed hands were hidden in the picture. Never been an issue in Thailand.

Finally, where was Alexander's objection to Bota's detention? While capital punishment had been suspended in the Philippines, President Duterte has indicated he'll support its return in the form of extrajudicial executions. That should give Alexander pause to his life expectancy back in The Philippines.

5 hours ago, JoePai said:

More the question, why does it need the " Chief Director General" to bring back a criminal

Why does the dog lick his balls? Because he can!

Seems that, just like our own BIB, Filipino cops won't miss out on a good media score and are happy to pull rank to get credit for a good collar. At least this one isn't pointing his finger at the perp, while grinning stupidly into the camera.

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

I thought the philippine police were allowed to murder with impunity under the current psycho president.

This guy might get a new position.

Not so fast !

one step after the other.

First they need to bring him back to the PH.

What happens then we can only guess indeed