U.K. Retirees Single Entry Non O Visa Extension

i spoke to hull earlier and discovered they are now only issuing single entry non o visas for u.k. retirees with a state pension statement.

they did say an extension may be possible in thailand.

if so what type of extension would it be and how long would it be for?

also does anybody know if london are still issuing multi entry non o's for u.k. retirees?

thanks in advance.

The embassy will still do a multiple entry non-o visa if you are 65 or over and getting a state pension.

You can apply for a one year extension based upon retirement at immigration. You will need 800k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 65k baht income proven by a letter from the UK embassy or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

19 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The embassy will still do a multiple entry non-o visa if you are 65 or over and getting a state pension.

Do you have recent confirmation of that as the Consulate in Hull told me three weeks ago that the Embassy is only issuing Single Entry Non-Imm O for UK retirees too?  Despite phoning the Embassy nearly every day, the Visa Section is either engaged and disconnects or its extension (5500) and the operator just rings for upwards of 30 minutes or more unanswered and disconnects! I already have an appointment in Liverpool, an hour away from my home, for a Single Entry and want to use the Embassy for a Multi Entry by post if it still provides this service. 

3 hours ago, Arandora said:

and want to use the Embassy for a Multi Entry by post if it still provides this service. 

If you are over 65 AND are in receipt of a State Pension the London Thai Embassy will issue a Non"O" ME visa valid for 12 months. 

Check the Embassies web site for detail.

Been there, done that, of course. Just wanting confirmation that they are still issuing Multi Entry by post after being told they are not by Hull Consulate before I send our passports. Thai Embassy and Consulate websites are notoriously out of date. 

1 hour ago, Arandora said:

Been there, done that, of course. Just wanting confirmation that they are still issuing Multi Entry by post after being told they are not by Hull Consulate before I send our passports. Thai Embassy and Consulate websites are notoriously out of date. 

Your choice but I suspect you will be waiting a long time !  

10 hours ago, Arandora said:

No way I'm going down to London to find out!!! 

My friend(73 and drawing his state pension)gets his by post from the Thai Embassy every year, so he doesn't have to deal with any immigration offices here.

Just got his most recent one last month, only took a few days, but allow for a week. 

On 10/18/2016 at 5:24 PM, Arandora said:

Just wanting confirmation that they are still issuing Multi Entry by pos

Then 

22 hours ago, MAZ3 said:

Just got his most recent one last month

Then 

9 hours ago, Arandora said:

I will try one last time to contact the Embassy to confirm

If you are only going to be satisfied/reassured by confirmation issued directly from the Embassy why do you keep posting here ? 

5 hours ago, Fithman said:

Then 

Then 

If you are only going to be satisfied/reassured by confirmation issued directly from the Embassy why do you keep posting here ? 

Because the Consulates at both Hull and Liverpool still insist that the Embassy is now from only very recently issuing Single Entry not Multiple Entry. On that basis would you post your passports, application and payment for a Multi Entry only for them to be returned with only a Single Entry and promised refund of overpayment or just returned when you already have an appointment in Liverpool with overnight accommodation booked to get a Single Entry on the spot? 

If you can't give the information why do you keep posting here? 

• Like 1

Latest Update:

The Thai Embassy website says Applications by Post accepted. Contact hours are given as 2pm to 5pm. Extension 5500

The Thai Embassy automated answering service says, contact hours 9am to 12.30pm, go via Consular service to Visa Service that then says "No visas will be issued by post." Press 1 top speak to Visa Section which I did and enjoyed the same "we value your custom, we will be attending to you shortly" message  in English and Thai for 59 minutes then I hing up before my calls became chargeable under my calls plan.

Phoned the Consul at Hull who told me she had just this morning while I must have been on the phone received an Email from the Embassy asking all Consuls to deny the false information that "someone" had given out  that they were not accepting postal applications and confirming that they were. I told her that the possible source of that incorrect information was the Embassy's own automated message and the other conflicts which she said she would report to the Embassy by Email as "it's a waste of time by phone as they never answer". 

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, jerrybeirne said:
for anyone who is inteterested, i got a ME non imm o visa with my u.k. pension statement from london, on nov 2nd.
no other info asked for.
[/quote)

I assume you mean the British State pension?, a friend of mine got a 12 month ME O last month from the Thai Embassy in London and he's only 58. He applied for a METV, but when he got the receipt back it has been changed to a ME O and that's exactly what he received the next day.

Probably a mistake, but a very lucky one for him, unless they've changed policy again?.