Respo Trailers

DUNROAMIN

Hi to all, anybody heard of or know of trailer company called "Respo trailers" (Respo Asia) originally working from Hua Hin, now address is in Bangkok. Are they a legit company. Cheers

4/77 Soi Mooban Borfai. Petkasem Road.

Hua Hin. Prajuabkirikhan 77000

According to their website http://respothailand.com/contact-us/ they are now here:-

Respo Asia Co.,Ltd

88/8 M.6,  T. Yoggabat
A. Banpaew, Samutsakorn
74120 Thailand

Their own map puts them right on Democracy Monument which I don't believe (and I can't see them on Streetview) and I can't find anything in their address.

That said, Thai addresses and maps are at best apocryphal or at least wildly inaccurate, there's a phone number on the contact page why not give them a call.

5 hours ago, Crossy said:

According to their website http://respothailand.com/contact-us/ they are now here:-

Respo Asia Co.,Ltd

88/8 M.6,  T. Yoggabat
A. Banpaew, Samutsakorn
74120 Thailand

Their own map puts them right on Democracy Monument which I don't believe (and I can't see them on Streetview) and I can't find anything in their address.

That said, Thai addresses and maps are at best apocryphal or at least wildly inaccurate, there's a phone number on the contact page why not give them a call.

Hi, I have emailed and spoke to manager (Alex), My concern is depositing 20% of price of trailer (15,000B) then paying the balance COD when delivered to home. They had a office and site in Hua Hin, that closed, now they have an office in a multi story building in Bangkok. I think maybe on my next trip to Bangkok I will check if they are legit, too many scams in Thailand, you just don't know who's who here.

• 1 month later...

I have just bought a trailer from the company.   They have given me paperwork which has says it is legal to tow the trailer behind a sedan.   I go tomorrow to have another towbar fitted to my other  car.   They will also register the trailer for you.   They are not very good at delivering on promised day,  but it is a legit company and their trailers are good 

Have just seen this topic

I met the company at the last Bangkok Motor Show. They were just establishing here in Thailand. I did have the guys card but can't locate it now. There were two English guys on the stand.  One was called Jay and I know that he had a big condo in Hau Hin. 

They seemed  very professional.

Toany, out of interest, ask them if they will be at Motor Expo 

I'm actually sat in their warehouse at the moment having the towbar fitted to my car. This is where they assemble the trailers. It contains over 30 assembled trailers. They have put themselves out to give me what I wanted. If you want a good solid trailer and don't mind paying the price, I would recommend the company. From my experience.

• Like 1

On ‎18‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 6:28 PM, Toany said:

I have just bought a trailer from the company.   They have given me paperwork which has says it is legal to tow the trailer behind a sedan.   I go tomorrow to have another towbar fitted to my other  car.   They will also register the trailer for you.   They are not very good at delivering on promised day,  but it is a legit company and their trailers are good 

Good to know, thanks for the info. Cheers

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2016 at 3:01 PM, DUNROAMIN said:

Good to know, thanks for the info. Cheers

Before parting with ANY cash ensure the trailer is legally  registered. From my experience, once they have your money, you're on your own.

I've had a trailer sat on my drive for 3 months that I can neither use or sell as it is not registered. Respo Thailand agents/employees won't answer mails, texts etc. If I do manage to speak with anyone on the phone I get fobbed off with lies and empty promises.

Don't be fooled by the piece of paper that legitimizes driving without proper registration; I was stopped and told not to use the trailer on public roads until I had a registration document from DMV/DLT. Otherwise I would face a fine and possible impounding/loss of the trailer.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

What you also need to be aware of is that it is virtually impossible to find Insurance to cover you for towing a trailer in Thailand. Respo again are no help on this and just ignore you when you ask for help. If anybody has found an insurance company please let me know.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/18/2016 at 6:28 PM, Toany said:

How much did you pay ?

• 2 weeks later...

I would recommend that you do not have any dealings with Respo. I bought my trailer 5 months ago and I am still struggling to get the paperwork to enable me to register the trailer. Meanwhile the trailer is not insured and you will not be able to insure your car to tow an unregistered trailer. There are several customers with cases with the consumer protection and even one they are supporting to go to court. Agents who sell their trailers cannot contact them by phone and are trying to return the trailers, but Respo will not pick them up.
Do you still want to know how much?

• 10 months later...

Are you in Bkk or Chonburi or other ? 

i have similar issue in  being forced to pay in full for a trailer without going to chonburi to do any transfer paperwork 

This is not normal. i pay for something on the road that is not even in my name ? 

2 hours ago, hansened said:

Are you in Bkk or Chonburi or other ? 

i have similar issue in  being forced to pay in full for a trailer without going to chonburi to do any transfer paperwork 

This is not normal. i pay for something on the road that is not even in my name ? 

After some thought, I decided not to waste 70-80,000B for a trailer, then have a tow bar fitted for 10-12000B, instead I hunted around for a cheap pick-up, found a 1994 Toyota Mighty X for 130,000B. Clean and tidy and does the job and has some re-sale value, unlike a trailer in Thailand.

• Like 1

There's a place stocking trailers on the frontage road of motorway 7 near Homepro....I went in there once but his dogs chased me off.......

I also contacted Respco about 5 years ago in Hua Himn.

The whole trailer thing seems a bit of a mess.......I was hoping to get a trailer tent sorted....... scrapped the idea in the end. There is also a Thai guy off the Ban Bueng / Chonburi road who I think Guildford export.

There needs to be a change in the law.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/18/2016 at 10:22 AM, DUNROAMIN said:

Hi, I have emailed and spoke to manager (Alex), My concern is depositing 20% of price of trailer (15,000B) then paying the balance COD when delivered to home. They had a office and site in Hua Hin, that closed, now they have an office in a multi story building in Bangkok. I think maybe on my next trip to Bangkok I will check if they are legit, too many scams in Thailand, you just don't know who's who here.

waiting on a reply.   never get a title,  don't answer calls but want paid upon delivery without any title or paperwork showing transfer; if you ever get it - ever !  I'd stay clear. I'm still awaiting my deposit back.  Won't return or accept calls from my lawyer. 

On 3/6/2017 at 9:36 PM, Toany said:

I would recommend that you do not have any dealings with Respo. I bought my trailer 5 months ago and I am still struggling to get the paperwork to enable me to register the trailer. Meanwhile the trailer is not insured and you will not be able to insure your car to tow an unregistered trailer. There are several customers with cases with the consumer protection and even one they are supporting to go to court. Agents who sell their trailers cannot contact them by phone and are trying to return the trailers, but Respo will not pick them up.
Do you still want to know how much?

They say have done hundreds but don't even know the policy of registering in Chonburi.  no one gets paperwork. !  i'd surely not let them put a hitch on my truck. There no papers, diagrams or wont' even take a photo of how its installed.  They will not go with me to Chonburi to get any papers transferred.  Deposit still pending. -they have 

We distribute a brand of small sailing boats in Thailand. Tried to get a couple of trailers from Respo for our customers, but as soon as registration became the subject there was no longer any response. Since then we have had several trailers built by Upbeat in Bangkok. No problems there whatsoever  and registration papers all in order. 

• 1 month later...

I am so shocked that they indulge in such behavior. Respo is a good brand with solid core trailers and boxes. It's a shame that such people in their management lack professionality & honesty, especially Jussi Saloranta (Jay) and Tim Sebastian. I purchased a swan 570 18 MONTHS AGO and till this day didn't receive my plate license. As usual they will lie to their teeth and keep on postponing the dates ... they are counting on that YOU will just give up and accept the situation and leave them alone. Well I didn't .. I demanded my plate or Bht.4500 the cost of it. Till this morning i was on messenger with Tim Sebastian .. and you want to know what's funny about today's  conversation (besides asking him on a weekly basis what's the update).. he said to STOP HARASSING HIM. I am the victim for 18 months and now am harassing him. Professionality at it's best. In short folks... "CROOKS IN SUITES" . Stay a mile from them and that's my sincere advice to all of you boat lovers. Go visit  Mr.Joe (Handicapped.. but works sincerely for his customers) UpBeat trailers in Bangna-Trad road (opposite Homepro) www.upbeat.co.th  Sales office 021307574 / 5 , 0922731445 , 0816452201

I wish you all the luck on getting back your deposits or licence plates (whichever comes first).

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Cannot believe this Thailand Respo outfit is still alive and in business.  We bought and paid in full for our small boat trailer end of 2013 when they were still in Hua Hin and by comments here it seems their tactics have not changed.  Like everyone here says, getting Respo trailers registered is a royal pain in the rectum.  While they were still here we were able to pester them, altho with no success.  Then they pulled out of Hua Hin and did not reply to emails nor answer the phone.  Ring them from a number they do not recognize and soon as they realize who you are they will hang up.

Do not be fooled by the piece of paper they might give to you claiming that it legitimizes driving your trailer home or using it while waiting for proper registration to be finalized.  All trailers are automatically pulled over at any police check[point and if it is not registered, shame on you !!  Plus, if you pull a trailer without trailer insurance your car’s insurance is void - not valid.  To obtain the trailer’s insurance you need the trailer’s papers and registration.

With lots of pestering we finally did get our papers from Respo after more than six months.  But then the Land Transport Offince in Pranbury refused to register the trailer claiming that these people do not pay their taxes and had lots of bad things to say about them.  Luckily my Thai wife is a good diplomat with a silver tongued gift of gab so after a lot of discussion was able to get it registered and the road tax plate.  But good luck to any less convincing person.

Respo trailers, made in Estonia, are a good brand but unfortunately these people who have the franchise in Thailand are another mater.  So be aware that even if finding a good 2nd hand one that has already been thru the registration wars you might have a problem if ever needing repair parts.

Read the posts on this thread by ‘Toany’, sadly it only took 2 months to go from enthusiastic optimistic purchaser to regretful disillusionment.  If you really do think you need a trailer here are some other sites to check - but be careful.  Is it any wonder that you almost never see trailers on the road here..

http://www.upbeat.co.th

http://twinner-trailer.com/main-e.html

A few electrical parts and winches

http://www.chandleryhardware.com/cat/trailer-equipment-dinghie-15.html

• 3 weeks later...

I order wagon from Respo Thailand november 2017 and 4 months and many phone calls later i get wagon home. Still after 8 months later we missing the licence plates. They dont answer telephone / e-mails. Respo company send mail and tell they dont have any activity with Respo Thailand anymore because they dont take any responsibility of customers and not answer phone / emails.

Respo Thailand is cheating people , never buy anything from them. 

• 4 months later...

Excellent trailer. Terrible customer service! I Bought the Albatross 400 trailer in Thailand November 2017 and still have not received the registration book and no reply from the supplier to my emails and the suppliers phone is off? CAN ANYONE HELP WITH IDEAS OF HOW TO REGISTER THE TRAILER??? IVE GIVEN UP CONTACTING RESPO THIALAND..... Many thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...

As I have posted earlier communicating with respo staff in BKK is not going to solve anything regarding the registration or deposit refunds. I've contactacted Respo Estonia and sent hem my full story from A-Z and to my surprise they did reply promptly and apologizing for this kind of customer service from their BKK side and they promised me they'll take this matter seriously and said to wait a few days for BKK side to contact me (and if they didn't to contact them again)... and guess what , THE NEXT day respo BKK called me and apologised for this matter and said they will refund me THB4500 for the registration fee's they claim it costs.

A few days later a mobile message stating i've received a bank transfer of THB4500 from Tim Sebastian. A bit happy that SOMETHING came back to me but still my swan trailer is without a registration plate. So i advise you to contact the mother company in Estonia,

to Mr.Tonu Tint , email [email protected]  he was so swift in replying.

Wishing you all the best.  

I bought a hand-made twin axle 3m box trailer from a very small engineering company called GT Trailers based in Samut Sakhon. Very good quality, brakes, lights etc and fully registered with blue book/orange plates when I picked it up. He specializes more in boat/jet-ski trailers but he also makes box trailers, single or double axle.

Not much English spoken but he can be contacted here: https://web.facebook.com/gotrailer/

15778272_1311847048872062_2025716546_o.jpg

15785447_1311847015538732_447928751_o.jpg