Paragliding On Samui

Greetings to all,

On monday evening (6.15pm 26th April) I was sat on the deck of the Seatran Ferry waiting to leave Nathon for Thong Sala. I suddenly noticed a paraglider flying above Nathon (South West of the port) it then landed on the beach about 800 metres south of the port. I think it probably took off from one of the hills behind Nathon, to the South West.

I am a keen pilot myself but I am not aware of any flying sites on Samui. (The nearest one I have flown is at Chumpon).

Does anyone know any of the following?

The location of the take off site this pilot used, when I saw him monday evening.

The identity of the pilot ( I would love to talk to him about flying on Samui)

Any other info about Paragliding on Samui

Many many thanks to all who read this

Mosquitoman :o

• 4 years later...
Greetings to all,

On monday evening (6.15pm 26th April) I was sat on the deck of the Seatran Ferry waiting to leave Nathon for Thong Sala. I suddenly noticed a paraglider flying above Nathon (South West of the port) it then landed on the beach about 800 metres south of the port. I think it probably took off from one of the hills behind Nathon, to the South West.

I am a keen pilot myself but I am not aware of any flying sites on Samui. (The nearest one I have flown is at Chumpon).

The location of the take off site this pilot used, when I saw him monday evening.

Hi There,

I am a keen pilot just arrived on Samui. Have got all my gear and am looking for sights. I will cheack Notorn out and try to find a take off. I have been looking at the ridge above Manam. Getting up seems OK but the tree cover is murdorase,Might have to get some Thais with machetes to get anything. Am intreasted in general wind directions if you have any.

ATB

Dogfather

Greetings to all,

There is a sight near Nathon by the beach where they launch powered Paragliders. Not sure exactly where the site is but there is a Doctor at Bandon hospital who is an Avid Aviator and who flies regularly from there. I think that there was an article in the Samui Express about him not long ago.