Last Day For 9-digit Mobile Numbers

george

"AIS have a download ...Trouble is it not only changes AIS numbers, but some overseas ones too, if you have them on your phone. Better to do the job manually."

I don't know about the download, but I went to the DTAC shop in nearby Kad Suan Kaeow here in CM, and got my phone #'s all updated in 5 min's over a month ago. No worries that I am 1-2-Call either. They just did it with a smile. And they assured me the update to my SIM chip wouldn't harm the Int'l #'s I keep on my cell. THey were right. For once, everything in Thailand worked easy, was smart, and did exactly what it was supposed to, the way you'd like it to happen. No room for any Farang rants here. In fact compliments on a job well done are in order. Hope others have the same experience as I did.

WOW .... i cannot believe that this is such a difficult task.

If you call a 12Call number without the addition of the "8" there is a message in Thai and then they will connect you. So at this stage both still work.

There is no need to take your phone to have it converted ....... the only reason is if you do not want to change all your stored numbers manually.

Greg

WOW .... i cannot believe that this is such a difficult task.

If you call a 12Call number without the addition of the "8" there is a message in Thai and then they will connect you. So at this stage both still work.

There is no need to take your phone to have it converted ....... the only reason is if you do not want to change all your stored numbers manually.

Greg

Manual changing would be a last resort for anyone using a super-SIM or Pocket PC phone; I have the latter and it contains 400+ phone numbers ... :o

Just called K Wifie this morning who was half way up a mountain in Chiang Mai somewhere on the old number (internet calls @ 1 c a minute) and... all OK...seems she has just bought another 2 Rai........ :o

...from overseas the 08 does not work, I've had to use / dial to the original number (without the additional 8).... It will be interesting to see how much confusion this creates the future from overseas callers if this remains the case.....

I'm overseas. I'll call a friend in the LOS, and try to let you know tomorrow..... :D

Calls with the "8" work well but i was told some Thai friends had to go to a phone shop to change the number submitted by the SIM card... Sounds strange but maybe somebody else might tell me more. :o

Hope they flip the switch correctly - I cringe when they do this sort of thing. :o

One More thing... when I have called or SMS'd into Thailand from overseas the 08 does not work, I've had to use / dial to the original number (without the additional 8).... It will be interesting to see how much confusion this creates the future from overseas callers if this remains the case.....

works for me from the US, and it has since sometime in September. Try dialling a number like 011-668-nnnn-nnnn. The 'n' after the '8' should not be a zero (0).

Edited by Gumballl

:o

Gotta love this place ! .. Only on Thai Visa would you find three pages of discussion on something so simple and inane.

I'm splitting my sides thinking of the response if Thailand introduced "Daylight Saving"

:D

A bad analogy. The introduction of daylight saving in Thailand would be big news and worthy of much response. It would be the first country in an equatorial zone to use it.