Have Safe Driving

Oink

My 58 year old British wife needs to renew her 5 year driving license. Anyway, wife being the wife insisted upon getting a medical certificate "just incase" she needs it. So she went to see a Swiss Dr. in Jontiem.

She was not a happy bunny when she came home. They insisted she had a blood test for Syphilis before they would issue the Certificate.

My wife is retired and a decent sort really. Does not get up to much more than going to ladies coffee mornings.

Is this STD test for female pensioners really a requirement of the Land Transport Office or just a money spinner for the Dr.?

All of the posts regarding renewal of driving license report that you don't actually require a medical cert for a renewal.

Good to know my wife and girlfriend are clean :passifier:

Just joking!

Edited by Oink

Renewal of 5 year is not supposed to require a medical certificate

if they insist just go to any "clinic"  around town cost 100-300 baht issued on the spot

at most they will take your blood pressure  no need for any blood tests at all.

I renewed my 5yr license yesterday 20 Oct 2016 at the Chonburi DLT by Regents School.

No medical cert was required.

You also only need one original certificate of residence (for those who use them). A copy is fine for the second license if you're doing car and bike at the same time.