Tourists express their understanding of Thailand's loss by preparing food for mourners

snoop1130

13 hours ago, digibum said:

Totally legit.  He even shaved his white guy dreads to look good in the photo.  

I don't understand.  How can you say he had dreads?  Just another shot at perpetual negativity.  It seems like they were trying to do something nice.  Please "give it a rest."

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

19 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

The excessive smiling and posing says it all.

What do you do when someone takes a photo of you?  Scowl and jump up and down.  Generaly people do smile and pose for photos.  how is it done in your country?

15 minutes ago, joeyg said:

What do you do when someone takes a photo of you?  Scowl and jump up and down.  Generaly people do smile and pose for photos.  how is it done in your country?

People often have a facial expression applicable to the situation.

Thailand is a nation in mourning, supposedly.

1 minute ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Thanks for clearing that up.  Hopefully someone told them to wipe those smiles off their faces for any additional photos.  Posing was OK though right?

2 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

You uncalled teacher of appropriateness... come back to earth... said with a smile. 

On 10/22/2016 at 0:38 AM, joeyg said:

Smiling people attempting to understand and respect a foreign culture.  Too bad there's not more of it.  Too much negativity, ignorance and hatred in this world...

That is your interpretation.

Based on some of the  rational comments,  there  is another interpretation.  I I would say that the holders of this alternative view are; Respectful, well informed, of calm disposition and not given to empty gestures. Sometimes, it is best if we show respect by disengaging and by keeping our heads down and mouthes shut.

10 hours ago, NongKhaiKid said:

The Thai police and rescue workers  regularly pose for photos  under grim circumstances with similar facial expressions. 

On 10/22/2016 at 11:38 AM, joeyg said:

Smiling people attempting to understand and respect a foreign culture.  Too bad there's not more of it.  Too much negativity, ignorance and hatred in this world...

you mean forced respect!

11 hours ago, joeyg said:

Yes it is among farangs with their heads stuck in a bottle a believe.  Or farangs that are outside walking around.

or  simply  people  who havent been brainwashed by a system for 70+  years

15 hours ago, fruitman said:

Guess they have never heard about the German rescueteams who came to rescue Thai victims after the tsunami....??

They were kicked out because no workpermit....They arrived here within 24 hrs after the disaster, the were the first foreigners to help...all for free...how rude can they be?

Guess they never heard about everyone else who mucked in who told the Phuket authorities to shove it... which they did.

11 hours ago, joeyg said:

No I think they're just passing through as young backpackers do.  Sitting down and preparing food with locals.  How can you go wrong?  Even if they were there briefly, it's a nice gesture.  Isn't it?  Why criticize incessantly?

Probably the only interaction most of the moaners here have with Thais is topping up their phone at 7/11.

They whinge because it makes them look bad, and they know it.

On Friday, October 21, 2016 at 2:53 PM, DM07 said:

I want to say sooooo much about this...but I better not!:coffee1:

Plenty of sites where you can write "soooo much" about this without being banned. Not hate-sites or facebook idiocy but truly interesting academic analysises. And still in colour too! 

This being said, if tourists feel good cooking for others, who are we to blame them? Its better to cook then to get comatose on some island (or getting raped and killed on said island). The people in the pic look nice imo.

12 hours ago, joeyg said:

Back home we used take off our pants and defecate while howling at the sun !! Pitty that tradition is long gone now. 555

2 hours ago, Chicog said:

Probably the only interaction most of the moaners here have with Thais is topping up their phone at 7/11.

They whinge because it makes them look bad, and they know it.

Farang fixes  road on two occasions makes the news " good  farang"....I fix  the road  round here "not my  job" bad farang.....my interactions round here are very  much like this, if  anyone can moan and bitch its the  village  next to me

Edited by kannot

1 hour ago, Gainsbourg said:

Plenty of sites where you can write "soooo much" about this without being banned. Not hate-sites or facebook idiocy but truly interesting academic analysises. And still in colour too! 

This being said, if tourists feel good cooking for others, who are we to blame them? Its better to cook then to get comatose on some island (or getting raped and killed on said island). The people in the pic look nice imo.

list  them

29 minutes ago, bannork said:

One has to remember the gripers, moaners, and Ebenezer Scrooges of TV, have been sorely deprived the last 10 days of news items they can savage.So when they get a chance like this it's'sic em' time.

So true. I wonder what the loss of revenue was for tvf as i indeed skipped on 85% of the content as i only read it for the often hilarious comments 555. But this article here is about what thailand *still is* for most western tourists: "a nice place with jolly smiling folks and healty food and tropical weather and serene monks and friendly cops and lovely beaches..." all between brackets to avoid too much smartass replies...

7 hours ago, geriatrickid said:

That is your interpretation.

Based on some of the  rational comments,  there  is another interpretation.  I I would say that the holders of this alternative view are; Respectful, well informed, of calm disposition and not given to empty gestures. Sometimes, it is best if we show respect by disengaging and by keeping our heads down and mouthes shut.

That's your interpretation and you are more than welcome to it.  Sir...

4 hours ago, bannork said:

One has to remember the gripers, moaners, and Ebenezer Scrooges of TV, have been sorely deprived the last 10 days of news items they can savage.So when they get a chance like this it's'sic em' time.

Sadly, right on point.

1 hour ago, Happy Grumpy said:

How long were they there? They hadn't even taken off their backpacks when the pic was taken. 

They were there 32 minutes, 16 seconds.  Indeed they had they're back packs on.  You have a very keen eye.  Sir.  It's good to have TV members that are so observant.