Thai research team discovers chemicals which can stop cancer from growing

rooster59

Thai research team discovers chemicals which can stop cancer from growing

14670908_1108089075936224_738455351803931855_n.jpg

A research team of Naraesuan University has successfully extracted chemicals from the latex of Rak plant (Calotropis gigantea) which are capable of inhibiting the function of a protein which is essential for the growth of cancerous cells, said Dr Supawadee Pahera, a lecturer at the faculty of pharmacy of the university.

She added that the chemicals were found to be capable of resisting H1N1 flu virus in the early stage of infection and stopping enzyme which causes tissue inflammation.

Dr Supawadee said that this research work would pave the way for the search of new medicines for the treatment of certain ailments.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/thai-research-team-discovers-chemicals-which-can-stop-cancer-from-growing/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-10-22

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So these guy's are a different research team from the ones that claimed the cure for Ebola virus?

And they have a little something to help resistance of H1N1.   Ahhhh LOS  the hub of everything...

But ok,  if it's true then great!!!  Then maybe 21million baht for more research for this instead of junket's too Hawaii for 38 people...!

I'm pretty sure they had a cure for HIV and Ebola. They might already have a cure for cancer somewhere in their records. Whatever the case, I think Prayuth should contact world leaders and let them know and call in the international press to make a statement. With the record Thailand has so far at ending these scourges, the future looks bright. :shock1::sad:

1 hour ago, Alive said:

I'm pretty sure they had a cure for HIV and Ebola. They might already have a cure for cancer somewhere in their records. Whatever the case, I think Prayuth should contact world leaders and let them know and call in the international press to make a statement. With the record Thailand has so far at ending these scourges, the future looks bright. :shock1::sad:

Prayut only interested in money projects. His brother Preecha has formed a construction company ran by his son who has no experience what so ever. So there to busy to make life saving reports.

1 hour ago, aussieinthailand said:

So these guy's are a different research team from the ones that claimed the cure for Ebola virus?

And they have a little something to help resistance of H1N1.   Ahhhh LOS  the hub of everything...

But ok,  if it's true then great!!!  Then maybe 21million baht for more research for this instead of junket's too Hawaii for 38 people...!

Yes where is the Thai Ebola cure. Was that researcher moved to a inactive post. No playstation permitted.

THis is largely misinformed media hype - there is no single cancer there many types and a "cure" is unlikely - the scientists merely claim that the chemical reactions they have recorded may lead to further treatments for some kinds of diseases or cancers - they don't claim any breakthrough - the press however want to sell papers and in all countries the "cure for cancer" headline is sure to be a winner.

My housekeeper sold me a bottle of this too. It only costs 1200 baht a bottle, and cures not only cancer, but type 2 diabetes and arthritis as well.

She claims it is scientologically proven. If anyone out there needs some, I can arrange a special deal

24 minutes ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

I thought there was a cure already called Marijuana but its banned in so many countries.

24 minutes ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

I thought there was a cure already called Marijuana but its banned in so many countries.

THere is not sufficient evidence to support that and the very idea that one item can cure all cancers just shows how wroong the concept is.

Is this another discovery after someone read a scientific paper?

"In Vitro Protease Inhibition, Modulation of PLA2 Activity and Protein Interaction Studies of Calotropis gigantea" - Journal of Clinical & Cellular Immunology,  September 30, 2013.

http://www.omicsonline.org/in-vitro-protease-inhibition-modulation-of-pla-activity-and-protein-interaction-studies-of-calotropis-gigantea-2155-9899.1000165.php?aid=18943 

18 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Yeah, what happens to all these Thai contributions to the world ?   Would love to see documentation as how they stand up to international scrutiny. 

The whole pharma scene has been rigged for decades - they are in bed with the FDA, government and have lobbyists running the show in the US. How are you supposed to get the truth from this lot? .

Edited by lucky11

12 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Yeah, what happens to all these Thai contributions to the world ?   Would love to see documentation as how they stand up to international scrutiny. 

If I remember correctly the ebola ' breakthrough ' was to be given to the UN for testing which might take a year supposedly but I have no idea if it was ever actually submitted.

As usual all the talking was from Thai sources. Consider so many things here, all the grand schemes, and fine words, crackdowns, purges etc where the headlines are grabbed then it all goes quiet.

Edited by NongKhaiKid

1 hour ago, eddie61 said:

My housekeeper sold me a bottle of this too. It only costs 1200 baht a bottle, and cures not only cancer, but type 2 diabetes and arthritis as well.

She claims it is scientologically proven. If anyone out there needs some, I can arrange a special deal

The Scientologists are on this bandwagon, too? Or did your housekeeper claim it was scientifically proven?

18 minutes ago, gandalf12 said:

Where are the clinical trials? How can they make such a statement when their claims have not been tested and independently tested to verify the results.

Goes along side the cures for Ebola And HIV

You need to read Ben Goldacre "Bad Science" - it explains the process by which a drug is identified, tested, verified and finally becomes an available medicine. This is no such thing.

all that the Thai team has done is identified some chemicals that restrict the rate of growwth of some cancer cells - presumably in a petri-dish....this is a LONG, LONG way even from clinical trials let alone treatment for humans ....the processes they have used will be peer-reviewed in due course now that they have published their research.

Sadly the media haven't a clue about what is going on so they start blathering about "cure for cancer" - which in itself is virtually a medical oxymoron