May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

3 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Gina Miller is a drama queen. There is nothing of substance in the above article: just her claim. Her previous claim of 'vile abuse' in emails was substantiated by this one that she showed her Reuters interviewer:

"You are obviously a devious lady"

That remain and it's supporters are resorting to shouting this nonsense to any media that will listen shows just how desperate they are. 

I wouldn't doubt for a moment that she's had a lot of nasty and threatening emails. There's a lot of nut-jobs out there and it doesn't take much to set them off. She's a very high profile target. I bet there's a good number of unhinged Brexiters wish her ill.

My (Thai) wife was in Tesco (in UK) a few weeks ago and a middle aged woman told her to 'f*** off back to China' plus some other things my wife didn't understand.  My wife was most upset to be thought Chinese.

Back in April a woman in Lidl made some nasty comments to her. Fortunately she didn't hear properly - I was with her that time and did hear, but decided to let it go.

Edited by HauptmannUK

Gina Miller is a drama queen. There is nothing of substance in the above article: just her claim. Her previous claim of 'vile abuse' in emails was substantiated by this one that she showed her Reuters interviewer:

That remain and it's supporters are resorting to shouting this nonsense to any media that will listen shows just how desperate they are. 

Joe Cox was a drama queen too.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

This is one of the root problems of political decisions nowadays.  So many people resort to reading the biased press reports about biased individuals who have biased agendas based on their own 2-dimensional life. If that person is so important to so many people, why don't those same people put her up for election?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

I wouldn't doubt for a moment that she's had a lot of nasty and threatening emails. There's a lot of nut-jobs out there and it doesn't take much to set them off. She's a very high profile target. I bet there's a good number of unhinged Brexiters wish her ill.

My (Thai) wife was in Tesco (in UK) a few weeks ago and a middle aged woman told her to 'f*** off back to China' plus some other things my wife didn't understand.  My wife was most upset to be thought Chinese.

Back in April a woman in Lidl made some nasty comments to her. Fortunately she didn't hear properly - I was with her that time and did hear, but decided to let it go.

I'm very sorry to hear that your wife has such vile encounters. It is a sure sign of the lack of education at the family and social lever that has been prevalent since the 1970's

• Like 1

Years ago, in Plymouth, some low rent woman had a go at my Thai wife. Very insulting actually. My wife spun round on her heel and flattened this female with a single roundhouse. All 45kg of her. Terrific. We left the bar after that....

On ‎12‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 9:15 PM, nausea said:

Germans are, well, Germans; if you've ever met one you'll know what I mean. And I can see how a European army would be very attractive to them. The British are very much their antithesis.

The EU army proposal has been suggested before ever since post second world war and the treaty of Brussels. the complaints of some countries sovereignties stopped it progressing.

Look at article 42 of the Treaty of the European Union. It is not far away already

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_of_the_European_Union

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

Years ago, in Plymouth, some low rent woman had a go at my Thai wife. Very insulting actually. My wife spun round on her heel and flattened this female with a single roundhouse. All 45kg of her. Terrific. We left the bar after that....

My sympathies that this has happened and sadly due to ignorance. 13 years ago someone stopped me and asked was my Thai wife from a mail order company. At the time I didn't know that there was a storyline on Coronation Street about this with Fred Elliot. As my wife and I conversed in Thai only at the time, she started laughing. Obviously I told the guy in English a few choice words.

8 hours ago, HauptmannUK said:

Why wouldn't you doubt it? The best example she could come up with for the interviewer from Reuters was the one I quoted. Not exactly 'vile abuse', is it? Bit of a drama queen, isn't she?

3 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

My sympathies that this has happened and sadly due to ignorance. 13 years ago someone stopped me and asked was my Thai wife from a mail order company. At the time I didn't know that there was a storyline on Coronation Street about this with Fred Elliot. As my wife and I conversed in Thai only at the time, she started laughing. Obviously I told the guy in English a few choice words.

My stock reply to strangers who ask me how I met my wife is "I bought her off the internet.", accompanied by a knowing wink and smile. Renders 'em speechless every time. A bit of staring never bothered us, but if people are staring and talking/sneering, we turn the tables, staring back and talking just-about-audibly: "Hard to imagine why he married such an ugly woman" and suchlike :biggrin:. All good fun. And nothing to do with why Jo Cox was murdered, or why it's in our best interests to leave the EU.

• Like 1

I assume you mean Jo Cox, who was murdered by someone with a long history of mental health issues. Why not bring John Lennon, or even Sharon Tate into the discussions? Pathetic.

Who happened to kill a pro leave campaigner during one of the most vile campaigns I remember so for you to dismiss Gina as a drama queen is not only bad taste but as low life as it can get. Do you know her? Do you know how scared she really is? Have you felt threatened in your life? Pathetic

5 minutes ago, Johnyo said:

Who happened to kill a pro leave campaigner during one of the most vile campaigns I remember so for you to dismiss Gina as a drama queen is not only bad taste but as low life as it can get. Do you know her? Do you know how scared she really is? Have you felt threatened in your life? Pathetic

Unfortunately there are some that are so brainwashed in this brexit issue they think that the rule of law can be pushed to one side.

14 hours ago, Khun Han said:

I take it you are saying the report on the police advice is a lie.

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

I take it you are saying the report on the police advice is a lie.

The report isn't about police advice. It's about Gina Miller claiming that her children have been threatened, claiming that the police gave her some advice. The first part, I strongly suspect, is Gina being a drama queen and exaggerating again: some other kids making fun of her kids is very possibly the truth of the matter. The second part may well be true. I mean, I could see a 'killer clown', and make a complaint to the police that my family was being stalked by him, especially if I was a drama queen seeking public sympathy for a major cause that I was pursuing. And the police advice to me would be exactly the same.

2 hours ago, Johnyo said:

Vile campaign??? I can see why you sympathise with an attention-seeking drama queen so much. I'm a realist who calls it as I see it. More fool you for being sucked in by the remain propaganda and Gina Miller's little pantomime.

Edited by Khun Han

4 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Why wouldn't you doubt it? The best example she could come up with for the interviewer from Reuters was the one I quoted. Not exactly 'vile abuse', is it? Bit of a drama queen, isn't she?

The constant attacks on Gina Miller by some members of this forum is scurrilous , you may disagree with her opinions or actions but this is no excuse .

The High Court was provided with evidence and at the time took the attacks seriously enough to state that they amounted  to contempt of court

Vile campaign??? I can see why you sympathise with an attention-seeking drama queen so much. I'm a realist who calls it as I see it. More fool you for being sucked in by the remain propaganda and Gina Miller's little pantomime.

Yes in parts it was vile and xenophobic. Have you forgotten Farages poster?

Just had the misfortune to spend an hour or so in downtown Rotherham, South Yorkshire

My god! (and I don't even believe in god!)

What on earth has happened over the last 40 years?

The place is FULL of pawn shops, pound shops, halal takeaways, boarded up shops, stinking door ways with discarded syringes, bars you REALLY would not go in and the UGLIEST people I have ever seen

Look, I have never been to Bulgaria or Rumania but Rotherham is the worst run down dump I have seen anywhere.

This is isn't the fault of the EU; it's OUR fault

Within a mile of the centre there are GBP 500,000 plus houses!!

WHAT IS HAPPENING?

I understand these people blaming the EU. I would blame anyone!!!

Again, sometimes I am ashamed to be British.

Such gross inequality!

What do Nontabury, Gravy, Han and the others have to say?

I would be pushing for EU development funds

The collapse of steel and mining too quickly without re-training or re-investment is the root cause.

I feel like getting a few cans of extra strong cider and joining the urine soaked folks in the doorways out of solidarity!!!

7 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Just had the misfortune to spend an hour or so in downtown Rotherham, South Yorkshire

My god! (and I don't even believe in god!)

What on earth has happened over the last 40 years?

The place is FULL of pawn shops, pound shops, halal takeaways, boarded up shops, stinking door ways with discarded syringes, bars you REALLY would not go in and the UGLIEST people I have ever seen

Look, I have never been to Bulgaria or Rumania but Rotherham is the worst run down dump I have seen anywhere.

This is isn't the fault of the EU; it's OUR fault

Within a mile of the centre there are GBP 500,000 plus houses!!

WHAT IS HAPPENING?

I understand these people blaming the EU. I would blame anyone!!!

Again, sometimes I am ashamed to be British.

Such gross inequality!

What do Nontabury, Gravy, Han and the others have to say?

I would be pushing for EU development funds

The collapse of steel and mining too quickly without re-training or re-investment is the root cause.

I feel like getting a few cans of extra strong cider and joining the urine soaked folks in the doorways out of solidarity!!!

Welcome to the real world.  It's a good thing the wake-up call was non-violent ; )

32 minutes ago, rockingrobin said:

The constant attacks on Gina Miller by some members of this forum is scurrilous , you may disagree with her opinions or actions but this is no excuse .

The High Court was provided with evidence and at the time took the attacks seriously enough to state that they amounted  to contempt of court

Nope, it's not scurrilous. It's scrutiny and exposure. Gina Miller is a fantasist who has put herself, quite deliberately, in the public eye. When asked about the 'vile abuse' received, by a Reuters journalist interviewing her, the best example she could come up with was "You are obviously a devious lady" :laugh:. All the 'worse' emails had been conveniently deleted. I mean, what smart, millionairess businesswoman would bother to save those abusive emails for analysis by the police, right? But saving as evidence ones that are politely disagreeable makes perfect sense, doesn't it?

Another example of her fantasism was her attempt to mislead the press that the alleged vile abuse was the reason why she was now the only named claimant on her case, when this was done simply as a legal procedure.

Edited by Khun Han

1 minute ago, jpinx said:

Welcome to the real world.  It's a good thing the wake-up call was non-violent ; )

I can tell you that Harrogate, Winchester and Edinburgh are NOT at all like this

I see very clearly now.

And I'll bet there are a high proportion of numpties in Rotherham

I really am shocked at this situation

IT'S INEQUALITY NOT THE EU THATS THE PROBLEM

BREXIT is NOT THE SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM.

IT WILL MAKE THINGS WORSE :sad:

6 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I can tell you that Harrogate, Winchester and Edinburgh are NOT at all like this

I see very clearly now.

Come to Zone 1. We have a better class of dosser.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Johnyo said:

And your continuing attempt to link Jo Cox's tragic murder to the leave campaign just-about personifies the utter dishonesty of remain. There are no levels to which they won't stoop to get sympathy for their cause . Ugh!!!

Edited by Khun Han
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I see very clearly now.

Yes, let's forget about brexit. And, when we are fully integrated into the EU and the Eurozone, and we have become the biggest subsidiser of an already heavily subsidised German economy, we will all be wondering what all the fuss was about. Damn clever those Germans, aren't they?

• Like 1

The original "deal" was for Germany to get tarrifs lifted on its exports, France got huge subsidies for it's antiquated, inefficient agricultural industry, and the Italians got the "free movement of Labour" to relieve the chronically bad economy of Southern Italy.  Signing up to join a group like that was never going to end well.  Remember the French Farmers reaction to UK farm produce being shipped to EU? 

Edited by jpinx

The EU, like all groupings, associations, teams, whatever is doomed to be only as good as it's weakest member.  It's just taking time for that level to be reached and on the way down there a few sound-minded members will jump ship, even if there are no liferafts, because swimming is preferable to being sucked to the seabed when the ship goes down...

It beggars belief that the EU allowed so many ill-equipped countries to join, especially when they already knew that Greece had seriously falsified their accounts in order to get in.......

Edited by jpinx
  • Like 1