May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

2 minutes ago, pitrevie said:

As I have pointed our several times which you chose to ignore, Farage said he would not accept the result as being final if it was 52/48 and Bill Cash another prominent Brexiter stated that he would not accept the result as being final. period. There are more but that debunks your statement.

As for your first sentence I take it that is some sort of self description or are you trying to project your own condition onto others? Then of course it is followed with the usual derogatory description of people who voted remain. However I look forward to you posting the links to those who have predicted the UK is doomed. 

Further as David Davis the Brexit minister said, nations 'not democracies' if they can't change their mind . Funny the things your fellow Brexiters say that you and others just chose to ignore. 

Tories like Davis, Cash and Fox wanted Brexit to get control of policies from Europe to enable them to push their preferred right wing agenda ... but how do you get people to vote for that? Simple, stir up a load of scaremongering over immigration, something that they personally could not care less about, and see if you can persuade a sufficient number of numpties to vote for it. Job done!

• Like 2

It's all going terribly wrong on the immigration front ... Brexit will go down as the biggest 'foot shooting' exercise since the 'charge of the light brigade' ... lions led by donkeys!

"When can their glory fade?
O the wild charge they made!"

"The broad claims of the referendum campaign are starting to dissolve into the pixelated reality of policy, practicality and compromise. According to a senior government source, a wonderful irony is now manifesting itself around the cabinet table in the contributions of Liam Fox, David Davis and Boris Johnson: “There’s no doubt that Theresa wants to bring down immigration. But the three main Brexiteers are suddenly becoming more and more vocal about the need to keep the numbers sufficiently high for the needs of the economy. You hear Liam saying: ‘We mustn’t do anything that threatens prosperity.’ It’s becoming more and more clear to them what’s at stake.”

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/mar/27/brexiteers-immigration-promises-unravelling

When you have to use the Europhile rag the Guardian to make a point we know where you're coming from! (Editorial about danger of war in Europe because of UK leaving the failed experiment)The donkeys are the nations following the EU carrot that is pretty rotten. Fact is UK Gov can decide who and how many immigrants in the future it needs and if the people aren't happy we can throw them out! Simple as that!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, shanesox said:

When you have to use the rag the Guardian to make a point we know where you're coming from! The donkeys are the nations following the EU carrot that is pretty rotten. Fact is UK Gov can decide who and how many immigrants in the future it needs and if the people aren't happy we can throw them out! Simple as that!

You can throw all immigrants out ... and destroy your public services, businesses and the tax revenues that go with them, not to mention your reputation as a  friendly place for foreigners to do business in ... helpful that, when you are looking to trade with the rest of the world and attract skills from other countries ... especially in science and technology.

If the UK is seen as unfriendly to foreigners then they are hardly likely to be interested in buying from us, or visiting our lovely country ... are they? 

You can be as hard on immigration as you like ... but not without economic consequences ... don't take my word for it, just ask Boris, David and Liam, who, to the best of my knowledge, do not subscribe to The Guardian.. 

Edited by AlexRich

12 minutes ago, shanesox said:

When you have to use the Europhile rag the Guardian to make a point we know where you're coming from! (Editorial about danger of war in Europe because of UK leaving the failed experiment)The donkeys are the nations following the EU carrot that is pretty rotten. Fact is UK Gov can decide who and how many immigrants in the future it needs and if the people aren't happy we can throw them out! Simple as that!

Simple as that! :whistling:

And another sign that Brexit is seen as a good move.

Qatar stating that they have full confidence in the UKs move and are investing a further £5 Billion to swell their already invested £35 Billion

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-03-26/london-s-landlord-to-seal-major-deals-as-brexit-countdown-begins

I know it's pointless posting these facts as the Bremoaners will never change their minds and will always be eternal pessimists determined to talk down the future of the UK.

Wake up and smell the coffee guys, it's hot and strong.

Edited by Flustered
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Flustered said:

Qatar stating that hey have full confidence in the UKs move and are investing a further £5 Billion to swell their already invested £35 Billion

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-03-26/london-s-landlord-to-seal-major-deals-as-brexit-countdown-begins

I know it's pointless posting these facts as the Bremoaners will never change their minds and will always be eternal pessimists determined to talk down the future of the UK.

Of course they want to buy assets ... they accumulate dollars ... the UK with weakened GBP is on sale. It's okay to think everything is going to be amazing ... but when you use the "talking the country down" line your credibility goes with it. If things don't turn out as amazing as you think they will, that will be your get-out clause?

• Like 1

You can throw all immigrants out ... and destroy your public services, businesses and the tax revenues that go with them, not to mention your reputation as a  friendly place for foreigners to do business in ... helpful that, when you are looking to trade with the rest of the world and attract skills from other countries ... especially in science and technology.

If the UK is seen as unfriendly to foreigners then they are hardly likely to be interested in buying from us, or visiting our lovely country ... are they? 

You can be as hard on immigration as you like ... but not without economic consequences ... don't take my word for it, just ask Boris, David and Liam, who, to the best of my knowledge, do not subscribe to The Guardian.. 

Who is "throwing out immigrants" (EU citizens ) already in Uk ? If UK citizen S rights are protected in EU it's a fake argument from yet another loser who won't and can't except the result of referendum ! The Guardian has been a dog whistle for the 2nd Ref and Staying in EU under a different name. The letter of notification is going on Wednesday and about time too!

Who is "throwing out immigrants" (EU citizens ) already in Uk ? If UK citizens rights are protected in UK it's a fake argument from yet another loser who won't and can't except the result of referendum ! The Guardian has been a dog whistle for the 2nd Ref and Staying in EU under a different name. The letter of notification is going on Wednesday and about time too!

42 minutes ago, Flustered said:

Qatar stating that they have full confidence in the UKs move and are investing a further £5 Billion to swell their already invested £35 Billion

Likely some remainer-or-other will be along to describe it as a measly 5bn, with reference to a larger amount being invested by someone somewhere in the world :coffee1:.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shanesox said:

Who is "throwing out immigrants" (EU citizens ) already in Uk ? If UK citizen S rights are protected in EU it's a fake argument from yet another loser who won't and can't except the result of referendum ! The Guardian has been a dog whistle for the 2nd Ref and Staying in EU under a different name. The letter of notification is going on Wednesday and about time too!

The fake argument is the idea that you'll be controlling anything ... the three Brexiteers don't give a fig about immigration, that was only used to scare numpties into voting for Brexit. You've voted to make the UK poorer, isolated and possibly broken up ... well done you!

5 hours ago, Flustered said:

If you believed some of the posts by certain FMs here, you would think they were financial giants with brains the size of a planet. Most of them are simply legends in their own minds, probably living in a dingy bedsit on a fixed State pension saving up the odd few shekels for a massage. TV is their only way of communicating with the world and trying to prove their imagined  intellectual superiority.

3 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Likely some remainer-or-other will be along to describe it as a measly 5bn, with reference to a larger amount being invested by someone somewhere in the world :coffee1:.

There is endless entertainment to be gained from reading forum Brexiteers repetitively setting up Aunt Sallies and then knocking them down. :partytime2:

• Like 2

On 3/26/2017 at 3:16 PM, Khun Han said:

And I just noticed you've tried to compare free movement within the UK with free movement within the EU. What on earth??? Removing hard borders before the EU becomes a fully integrated federal state (as projected) is complete and utter security madness.

That's a change in direction, you now think the concept of a Common Travel Area is madness. Each to his own.

Not only tough talks, she will have a tough time sorting this lot out.

The ten promises:

1. EU trade  the ‘exact same benefits’ delivered as we currently have within the single market and customs union
  2. Trade deals – Lots of new trade deals with new countries that are ready to sign on the day of our departure from the EU
  3. Money – Savings from contributions invested in public services, including £350m a week for the NHS
  4. Northern Ireland – No changes to the border between Northern Ireland and the Republic
  5. Rights – Citizens’, workers’ and environmental rights currently guaranteed by membership of the EU to be fully protected
  6. Security – A deal on security that maintains and enhances our cooperation with the EU
  7. UK – The integrity of the Union protected and made stronger
  8. Science – Science and research partnerships with the EU strengthened
  9. Date – The UK will be fully out, including required ratification, in 2019
  10. Immigration – A dramatic reduction in net migration while also keeping the UK open to the talent and skills that UK business need
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, sandyf said:

That's a change in direction, you now think the concept of a Common Travel Area is madness. Each to his own.

You have to laugh at Khun Han's statements. This is a guy who obviously doesn't want the UK in Schengen, in fact he doesn't even want the UK in the EU but this doesn't stop him sticking his nose and voicing an opinion on the Schengen agreement which in no way affects him. In any poll of Europeans the Schengen agreement is popular, these are the people who use it and experience it.

It reminds me of the stance taken by Johnson warning us about all those little brown men eager to get into the UK especially from Turkey which was drowning our country. As soon as the vote was over everyone started walking back the promises on immigration but Johnson went further. As Foreign Secretary he pops up in Turkey and tells the Turks he will do everything to assist them joining the EU the organisation he had just succeeded in voting to withdraw from.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pitrevie said:

You have to laugh at Khun Han's statements. This is a guy who obviously doesn't want the UK in Schengen, in fact he doesn't even want the UK in the EU but this doesn't stop him sticking his nose and voicing an opinion on the Schengen agreement which in no way affects him. In any poll of Europeans the Schengen agreement is popular, these are the people who use it and experience it.

It reminds me of the stance taken by Johnson warning us about all those little brown men eager to get into the UK especially from Turkey which was drowning our country. As soon as the vote was over everyone started walking back the promises on immigration but Johnson went further. As Foreign Secretary he pops up in Turkey and tells the Turks he will do everything to assist them joining the EU the organisation he had just succeeded in voting to withdraw from.

I remember the days when parts of the E3, as it was pre 75, resembled the M25 on a Friday evening. Only the delusional would think that is the way things should be.

Turkey was just one of the 'Project Fear' tactics by the 'Leavers' that they would prefer to forget. Before the referendum a friend of mine mentioned it on his FB page and it was incredible how many agreed with him. I tried to tell him that Turkey had virtually no chance of ever getting in the EU but he opted to believe the campaign politicians. I think many take a different view now.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

I remember the days when parts of the E3, as it was pre 75, resembled the M25 on a Friday evening. Only the delusional would think that is the way things should be.

Turkey was just one of the 'Project Fear' tactics by the 'Leavers' that they would prefer to forget. Before the referendum a friend of mine mentioned it on his FB page and it was incredible how many agreed with him. I tried to tell him that Turkey had virtually no chance of ever getting in the EU but he opted to believe the campaign politicians. I think many take a different view now.

A bit like govt. ministers thinking that Osborne's promised emergency budget in the event of a brexit vote would frighten people into voting remain...   I suspect this back-fired badly and resulted in quite a few voters realising that the entire remain campaign was based on fear tactics?

Perhaps they'd have been better off concentrating on the positives of remaining within the EU?  Although thinking about it, it would have been political suicide to point out that the EU has promoted more policies to help the 'ordinary' worker than UK governments!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

A bit like govt. ministers thinking that Osborne's promised emergency budget in the event of a brexit vote would frighten people into voting remain...   I suspect this back-fired badly and resulted in quite a few voters realising that the entire remain campaign was based on fear tactics?

Perhaps they'd have been better off concentrating on the positives of remaining within the EU?  Although thinking about it, it would have been political suicide to point out that the EU has promoted more policies to help the 'ordinary' worker than UK governments!

Yes he did make some wild statements and far be it from me to defend Osborne but given that Hammond announced Brexit had blown a 122 billion pound hole in the public finances and also given that Osborne stated that he intended to balance the books within this parliament I think with that time scale he would have had no option but to introduce an emergency budget. Hammond has taken a more leisurely approach to the public debt. I really think it was a case that the economic situation which was still in a hole following the 2008 financial crisis caught up with them. That plus all those little brown people who were going to swamp us.

4 minutes ago, shanesox said:

Who's playing the race card now! Pathetic

It was intended to be a reference to the poster that Farage used, but I see it went straight over your head. The one where is he pointing to a huge line of exclusively brown people or perhaps that too went over your head

It was intended to be a reference to the poster that Farage used, but I see it went straight over your head. The one where is he pointing to a huge line of exclusively brown people or perhaps that too went over your head

That poster referred to uncontrolled immigrants not only "brown" ,the remain losers got what they deserved.Portraying Leave voters as racist. All that losing bile came out from June 24 onwards !

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, shanesox said:

That poster referred to uncontrolled immigrants not only "brown" ,the remain losers got what they deserved.Portraying Leave voters as racist. All that losing bile came out from June 24 onwards !

The poster consisted entirely of brown people nothing to do with the EU. We had 100% control of anyone entering the UK from outside the EU but Farage deliberately used that poster to give the impression that it was connected to the freedom of movement issue within the EU.

28 minutes ago, shanesox said:

That poster referred to uncontrolled immigrants not only "brown" ,the remain losers got what they deserved.Portraying Leave voters as racist. All that losing bile came out from June 24 onwards!

...with Thai spouses and dual national kids? I find that hilarious too :smile:

Edited by evadgib
  • Like 1