May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

1 hour ago, Johnyo said:

What the Aussies are waiting for is for the Queen to pass away so they can become a republic. Most Australians I know here in Thailand are as bitter about the Monarchy as the Brits are about the EU.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

You must know some very unusual Aussies,as that is not my experiance. Probably the short sighted and selfish ones,those that would fit in well with the Remoaners crowd.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

As you didn't get the last quip, how about this?

http://www.agriculture.gov.au/market-access-trade/fta

Machine intelligence is often concerned with learning from data sets.

What can you learn from Australia's FTAs?

That's correct! They're with their closest neighbours typically!

They are indeed laughing at us: for being so damned stupid!

Anyone interested in the gravitational theory of trade should look no further than here:-

GravityModel.pdf

Trade is often proportional to the economic mass of two counties and inversely proportional to the distance squared ( I accept that beta3 maybe a bit less than 2). I assume Michael J Fox or whatever he's called is aware of this and will concentrate on the nearest, largest economies? Germany, France and Italy would be an intelligent start! ?

More on distance coefficients for anyone still awake

http://users.ox.ac.uk/~econ0360/FerdinandRauch/Bees.pdf

Edited by Grouse

5 minutes ago, Grouse said:

I see GBP has lost 5% against the EUR in 3 months! Why?

Proably because all the remoaners keep trying to take things to court and or turn around everything people are trying do to carry out Brexit.  :whistling:

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

Either way hard ...medium hard...softish....squishy or a fairy type soft brexit , once it's done and uncertainty is mostly diminished....the pound will come back to pre brexit levels at least. 

We  just need to get it done and move on.

The Cons want a low tax, low pound, low benefit, low standard of living, low education, low wage, low class, offshore economy!?

2 hours ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

Either way hard ...medium hard...softish....squishy or a fairy type soft brexit , once it's done and uncertainty is mostly diminished....the pound will come back to pre brexit levels at least. 

It will come back. Sure it will. Got your word on that.

Edited by SheungWan

27 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Why comment then? Luxembourg - centre of the EU miracle!

Because it's output per hour!

Who cares how many hours?

wouldnt a 24 hour week be great! The machines can do the rest!

No, actually the machines can do the work and I'll do the rest!

4 hours ago, Grouse said:

Because it's output per hour!

Who cares how many hours?

wouldnt a 24 hour week be great! The machines can do the rest!

No, actually the machines can do the work and I'll do the rest!

The data has to be skewed. Luxembourg doesn't have that many working aged people, even if half of them aren't Luxembourgers! a result of the daily migration maybe?

8 hours ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

Two banks calling pound/euro parity: http://tinyurl.com/yayfbnb8

GBPEUR aug 2017.jpg

2 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Two banks calling pound/euro parity: http://tinyurl.com/yayfbnb8

GBPEUR aug 2017.jpg

Maybe come back in a year or two . As I said when the uncertainty clears. And those two banks will probably be playing a different tune in a few days and then back to the pound- euro parity again and then sterling strength rebound ect ect ect ect Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Like 2

All this talk about a transitional deal is hilarious. The U.K. is no position to say if it will have one or not. If the EU says there is no transitioning after March 2019 , the three Brexijadist can say whatever they want.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Maybe come back in a year or two . As I said when the uncertainty clears. And those two banks will probably be playing a different tune in a few days and then back to the pound- euro parity again and then sterling strength rebound ect ect ect ect Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

A year or two!! The majority of Brexiteers on here were talking about the GBP recovering a month or two after the referendum. I think you will find uncertainty might last one or two decades.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, nauseus said:
2 hours ago, Johnyo said:

A year or two!! The majority of Brexiteers on here were talking about the GBP recovering a month or two after the referendum. I think you will find uncertainty might last one or two decades.

No they weren't. 

I was trying to think who claimed that too.

• Like 1