May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

55 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

So now we have an unholy alliance of offensiveness and ignorance. Echoes of the populist antics both on the extreme right and extreme left in the UK mimicking each other. Here, one meant it and the other a fool for playing with matches.

A courtesy does not need to be afforded only to an ally, You have just shown everyone your ignorance and just who the fool is. 

54 minutes ago, Grouse said:

What on earth are you going on about? Have the Jewish people hijacked the English language? The word holocaust was not dreamt up 75 years ago!

You remind me of Life of Brian:

Jehovah Jehovah, Jehovah!

Jesus!

"a situation in which many things are destroyed and many people killed, especially because of a war or a fire"

I feel strongly about the blight unnecessarily visited on the industrial parts of the UK. I will damn well use the phraseology I think most suitable. I did Not use capitals.

26 minutes ago, nauseus said:

A courtesy does not need to be afforded only to an ally, You have just shown everyone your ignorance and just who the fool is. 

Both Numpties doubling down.

Edited by SheungWan

8 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Both Numpties doubling down.

How dare you insult me

I am no numpty

Industrial holocaust was entirely appropriate 

It does not diminish my horror and unequivocal condemnation of The Holocaust

Read the Greek and Latin roots of the word and then apologise.

I am signing out. Goodnight.

I wish to remind everyone of this rule:

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

• Thanks 1

http://www.berkeleyinternet.com/holocaust/

This is my last post on this particular issue.

The above is a scholarly article on the usage and etymology of the term.

"industrial holocaust" may be rather hyperbolic but reflects my strong feelings of this disastrous period in U.K. modern history

I have no wish to cause upset to anyone 

(well, numpties a bit ?)

Edited by Grouse
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Grouse said:

http://www.berkeleyinternet.com/holocaust/

This is my last post on this particular issue.

The above is a scholarly article on the usage and etymology of the term.

"industrial holocaust" may be rather hyperbolic but reflects my strong feelings of this disastrous period in U.K. modern history

I have no wish to cause upset to anyone 

(well, numpties a bit ?)

:smile:

52 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

As GBP continues to plunge against the Euro (and other major currencies) it looks like Euro growth will exceed the Uk. Well I never! That is not what the Brexiteers on this forum promised ... did they not predict: 

1) collapse of the Euro 

2) break up of the EU

3) European bank implosion

4) UK dominating the Brexit negotiations from our obvious position of strength (they need us more than we need them)

On reflection, it appears that they didn't know what they were talking about. That's what happens when low IQ chavs and racist pensioners drive the UK bus over the cliff.

And where is Sgt Rock? Not a peep out of him for months ... all his apocalyptic predictions came to nothing. All that thorough research and "proof" turned out to be the delusions of a madman. At least he had the decency to see the error of his ways, unlike Kuhn Han ... on here everyday spouting rubbish.

GBP no longer "plummetting" and I don't recall these so-called promises. However:

1) collapse of the Euro GBP too early to say.

2) break up of the EU too early to say

3) European bank implosion too early to say

4) UK dominating the Brexit negotiations don't think so but domination does not always mean winning.

Your presumptions and verdicts are far too early and your self-righteous insults are not appreciated.

Edited by nauseus
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, AlexRich said:

As GBP continues to plunge against the Euro (and other major currencies) it looks like Euro growth will exceed the Uk. Well I never! That is not what the Brexiteers on this forum promised ... did they not predict:

1) collapse of the Euro

2) break up of the EU

3) European bank implosion

4) UK dominating the Brexit negotiations from our obvious position of strength (they need us more than we need them)

:clap2:

17 minutes ago, nauseus said:

GBP no longer "plummetting" and I don't recall these so-called promises. However:

1) collapse of the Euro GBP too early to say.

2) break up of the EU too early to say

3) European bank implosion too early to say

4) UK dominating the Brexit negotiations don't think so but domination does not always mean winning.

Your presumptions and verdicts are far too early and your self-righteous insults are not appreciated.

I don't know why you bother replying to Alex. He's a troll, who was caught out telling porkies a while ago and told more pokies in a failed attempt to get out of his hole. Just another smartar$e alpha male who is a legend in his own mind (remain attracts those types). I put him on ignore long ago.

14 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

I don't know why you bother replying to Alex. He's a troll, who was caught out telling porkies a while ago and told more pokies in a failed attempt to get out of his hole. Just another smartar$e alpha male who is a legend in his own mind (remain attracts those types). I put him on ignore long ago.

I forgot - ignore - sounds good, 

43 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Am I still on your ignore list? ?

I see see no reason for personal insults and I refer you to Scot's comment above 

One should expect different opinions and view points. It is a discussion after all!  No need to lower the tone of the discourse though.

Edited by Grouse

10 hours ago, Grouse said:

Am I still on your ignore list? ?

I see see no reason for personal insults and I refer you to Scot's comment above 

One should expect different opinions and view points. It is a discussion after all!  No need to lower the tone of the discourse though.

I was accused of being facetious just asking for a link to back up a statement Khun Han had made, apparently I am guilty of using debating tricks. Then there was the time I was accused of being some Scottish gentleman who wrote books about kings and had banned Khun Han from some twitter account which I do not possess. For those high crimes I was also put on the ignore list.

However I still look forward to his next rant about the Fourth Reich and their attempt to rule Europe now that they have successfully forced the UK out of the EU. 

1 hour ago, pitrevie said:

I was accused of being facetious just asking for a link to back up a statement Khun Han had made, apparently I am guilty of using debating tricks. Then there was the time I was accused of being some Scottish gentleman who wrote books about kings and had banned Khun Han from some twitter account which I do not possess. For those high crimes I was also put on the ignore list.

However I still look forward to his next rant about the Fourth Reich and their attempt to rule Europe now that they have successfully forced the UK out of the EU. 

Kuhn Han has no interest in debate, and that is why anyone who counters his false narrative is on his "ignore list", a situation that you can be justly proud of. On the big issues, the echo chamber that is KH gets everything wrong ... we're living through an era in our history when the numpties have been given the steering wheel of UK plc and USA inc ...a bit like Cambodia's year zero, where anyone with an education has to pretend to be a simple rice farmer in case they are sent to S1 prison and tortured before being killed. This too shall pass.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

Kuhn Han has no interest in debate, and that is why anyone who counters his false narrative is on his "ignore list", a situation that you can be justly proud of. On the big issues, the echo chamber that is KH gets everything wrong ... we're living through an era in our history when the numpties have been given the steering wheel of UK plc and USA inc ...a bit like Cambodia's year zero, where anyone with an education has to pretend to be a simple rice farmer in case they are sent to S1 prison and tortured before being killed. This too shall pass.

If you want to castigate khun han, why don't you start another topic, this is supposed to be about brexit?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, pitrevie said:

you mean the coronation of Angie Merkel as €mpress? :smile:

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Ignore it.

When the 'best' arguments against the opposition are insults - its a good time to realise that the opposition is desperate.

That fence of yours must be a comfy place to sit! The grass on our side is much greener and the other side ends in a cliff edge!

17 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

is that an article in the Independ. newspaper? or smth else?

On the Indy web site. Purports to be view of German journalist. I found it an interesting angle (not Angela).

10 hours ago, Grouse said:

On the Indy web site. Purports to be view of German journalist. I found it an interesting angle (not Angela).

not sure what to make of this pot (piece of text),

but as a journalist at least he refrains from predicting

how badly and to what extent brexit will affect

haggis production and export