May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

1 minute ago, vogie said:

If you're waiting for me to say that Labour has won the General Election, it aint gonna happen. Corbyn couldn't form a government if he asked the Peoples Republic of China to go into coalition with him!

The IRA have already landed in London to take their seats for the first time in history.

----

You must be upset vogie now UKIP has officially imploded with zero seats?

1 minute ago, onthesoi said:

The IRA have already landed in London to take their seats for the first time in history.

----

Expand??

6 minutes ago, vogie said:

If you're waiting for me to say that Labour has won the General Election, it aint gonna happen. Corbyn couldn't form a government if he asked the Peoples Republic of China to go into coalition with him!

Actually, I think we're just waiting for you to say again that the cons have won the election.  They may have won the most seats but they didn't win the election. Unless you  believe that Theresa May apologized to her fellow conservatives for winning the election?

• Like 1

Just now, ilostmypassword said:

Actually, I think we're just waiting for you to say again that the cons have won the election.  They may have won the most seats but they didn't win the election. Unless you  believe that Theresa May apologized to her fellow conservatives for winning the election?

Whats red backwards?

6 minutes ago, onthesoi said:

----

The IRA doesn't officially exist any more. The seven Sinn Fein MPs are going to take their seats in the lower house. But what does this have to do with Labour having lost the election through not being able to form a majority government?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

But you know full well that if, as seems a near certainty, the Tories form a coalition, they will have won the election (admittedly a very weak win, and reversal of fortune). So what point are you remainers trying to labour exactly?

30 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

The IRA doesn't officially exist any more. The seven Sinn Fein MPs are going to take their seats in the lower house. But what does this have to do with Labour having lost the election through not being able to form a majority government?

"..Officially..."    --  ignore their shadows at your serious peril.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nontabury said:

I also read that pro-Brexit parties won 90% of the vote.

LOL ... but if your in the customs union and single market, and I have the right to reside in Europe, I'll be happy with that ... hard Brexit is dead in the water. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

LOL ... but if your in the customs union and single market, and I have the right to reside in Europe, I'll be happy with that ... hard Brexit is dead in the water. 

I hope so. But it's important to remember that there aren't just 2 sides in this negotiation but 28. And I've forgotten now but I think if 5 members don't agree to the negotiated terms, then there is either hard brexit or, if it's ruled to be legal, the UK can rescind article 50 and remain in the EU.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, onthesoi said:

----

It is true. They actually lost ALL of their seats.

They only had one to start with.

11 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

I hope so. But it's important to remember that there aren't just 2 sides in this negotiation but 28. And I've forgotten now but I think if 5 members don't agree to the negotiated terms, then there is either hard brexit or, if it's ruled to be legal, the UK can rescind article 50 and remain in the EU.

I rather think that would be a wonderful get out for whichever party is in power.

2 hours ago, vogie said:

Did you go to the same school as Diane Abbott? :cheesy:

Diane Abbott attended Grammar School and then went to Cambridge University. I guess you went somewhere better.

Edited by SheungWan

1 hour ago, ilostmypassword said:

Obviously Labour won the election by gaining less seats than the Tories.

2 hours ago, Khun Han said:

The IRA doesn't officially exist any more.

Yeh, the IRA doesn't officially exist any more  ...but you can be sure republican weapon caches will have been audited over the last week ;)

The NI peace process was already on shaky ground, the UK government showing preference to one side over the other is extreme folly and shows just how desperate TM is to cling to power.

Just imagine if another clumsy gamble by TM leads to the resurgence of a bombing campaign on the UK mainland, adding to the current bunch of amateurs with their peroxide and kitchen knifes.

This is the woman who is going to deliver a good deal on Brexit? ...& Boris lurking in the shadows as the replacement, you couldn't make it up!!!!!

Edited by onthesoi
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, onthesoi said:

Yeh, the IRA doesn't officially exist any more  ...but you can be sure republican weapon caches will have been audited over the last week ;)

The NI peace process was already on shaky ground, the UK government showing preference to one side over the other is extreme folly and shows just how desperate TM is to cling to power.

Just imagine if another clumsy gamble by TM leads to the resurgence of a bombing campaign on the UK mainland, adding to the current bunch of amateurs with their peroxide and kitchen knifes.

This is the woman who is going to deliver a good deal on Brexit? ...& Boris lurking in the shadows as the replacement, you couldn't make it up!!!!!

I have made it quite clear that I am also uncomfortable with the Unionists being involved with mainland government. But you are just speculating wildly about the IRA.

And you could't make up a narrow-visioned, IRA and general terrorist supporter who thinks that money grows on trees, and with a back-up team that resembles something out of The League Of Gentlemen, becoming prime minister. But he nearly did, and might well do so in the near future.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jpinx said:

We have a turncoat PM, backed by people who *only* want power and don't care what strings are attached.  We've just had 2 major votes about brexit (supposedly) --  both campaigns based on false facts and skewed statistics.  Now we have a minority who are salivating at the prospect of some kind of christian jihad in Westminster whilst giving minimal support to their incompetent non-majority sponsors, and we have their opposition doing the same for the party who lost the ridiculous FPTP election and who now see it as a way to get their disruptive way  in a country they haven't supported for 100 years.  Now the neighbours are chiming in with ".......you don't have to leave if you don't want to....."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-40267063

And people wonder why voters are sick of politics.?.?.?

.......and that's without playing the tartan card ......   again....  (yawn).......

Blimey, some sharp insight by Laura Kuenssberg. Wonders never cease! I'd had her on approximately the same level as that clot (who's name escapes me) who took over from the excellent Jonathan Head in Bangkok after he was forced out of the country by Establishment attack dogs a few years back. I might have to re-evaluate Laura.

7 minutes ago, onthesoi said:

The unbiased BBC Political Editor Laura Kuenssberg who could not look happier if she tried when making this statement. She reminded me of Nicola Sturgeon, the words practically dripping venom when mentioning Teresa May's name.

Come on Laura, at least attempt to look unbiased like Andrew Neil does.

33 minutes ago, Khun Han said:

Laura's again quite right. But posters like you seem to be incabable of putting such things into perspective. Most people on this forum (myself included) thought that, even with his 'free beer for everyone' manifesto, Corbyn was about as appealing to the mass electorate as a wet fart in underpants. We were wrong. Mainly because he and his trendy purple-haired ground workers managed to motivate the perennially apathetic youth vote. Good for him. I hope that said youth vote has in general more political nous than my star university student daughter and various other young people with whom I've had the mind-numbing experience of discussing politics recently.

But, even with all that, and competing with a Tory party that probably produced and campaigned the worst election manifesto in modern British history, Corbyn failed to get himself into a position to form a government. Whilst I would not even attempt to claim that the Tories' election campaign was a success, Labour failed, pure and simple. That's what vogie keeps trying to explain to you. But, for some reason, you can't/don't want to understand this bald fact.

They both failed -- in fact the whole electoral system failed to reflect the true political wishes of the electorate.  If ever there was a Hobson's choice - the UK has just been through it -- best of a bad bunch with nothing to choose between their misinformation campaigns, skewed statistics and impossible manifesto promises. 

• Like 2

Macron sends a shiver down the spines of diehard Brexiteers ... the once-article-50-is-triggered-you-can-never-go-back brigade. 

It's all going terribly wrong! What will be the next shoe to drop? Will it be the referendum on the agreement? No, that can never happen ... can it?

:sleep:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jpinx said:

They both failed -- in fact the whole electoral system failed to reflect the true political wishes of the electorate.  If ever there was a Hobson's choice - the UK has just been through it -- best of a bad bunch with nothing to choose between their misinformation campaigns, skewed statistics and impossible manifesto promises. 

I know "Post of the day" is a hackneyed and usually slanted comment to make, but you just nailed it on the head jpinx.

• Like 1