Looking for stuff, Do you know where i can find it

jimmyyy

Needing 2 55 gallon drums that would be suitable to turn into smokers?  I found many drums but past contents were questionable.  

Also looking for the following:

Sausage Grinder

Sausage Stuffer

Pink Salt

Spice Shop

I live in Khon Kaen but my fortuner is pretty mobile so pretty much within a few hours drive from here. 

I live in Korat, wrt to the equipment, out front of the Makro (by the bus station, not the new one across town) there's a restaurant equipment supply shop in the parking lot.  They have that kind of stuff for sale, big dough mixers, slicing machines, mincers.  Haven't noticed sausage gear but it's within the genre of the shop.  Not exact info, but thought I would toss it out there if you happen to get down this way.

I've seen the Thais smoking pork in those medium sized ceramic water contains/cisterns.  Not ideal, but easily sourced if you draw a blank on the barrels.  

Beyond that, my buddy here drew up a sketch for a proper, full size smoker and had a Thai guy fabricate at a metal shop in town.  We smoked a small hog last year with mango wood, came out alright.

8 hours ago, 55Jay said:

I live in Korat, wrt to the equipment, out front of the Makro (by the bus station, not the new one across town) there's a restaurant equipment supply shop in the parking lot.  They have that kind of stuff for sale, big dough mixers, slicing machines, mincers.  Haven't noticed sausage gear but it's within the genre of the shop.  Not exact info, but thought I would toss it out there if you happen to get down this way.

Same set up outside the Makro in Udon Thani, which is closer to you. 

Spices and sausage skins in the main store.