Airport Express Bus

Bacus

Where does the AIRPORT EXPRESS bus stop at? Is there a sign up kiosk like the old airport had? If there is a kiosk, where is it located or do we pay for the bus ride on the bus?

The last thing that I read on the new airport said that the Airport Express bus would pick up at the terminal but the info did not say exactly where and how we pay for the ride.

Thank you.

Bus

The airport operates 4 airport express bus routes to downtown Bangkok. The buses are air-conditioned with ample luggage space. The fare is 150 baht for the entire route. Passengers can get on the bus on the first floor of the terminal. The four routes are as follows:

AE1 Suvarnabhumi-Silom Rd. (by expressway)

AE2 Suvarnabhumi-Khao San Rd.(by expressway)

AE3 Suvarnabhumi-Central World via Sukhumvit Rd.

AE4 Suvarnabhumi-Hua Lamphong (central Bangkok Railway Station) via Victory Monument(by expressway)

Additionally, 12 city bus routes operated by Bangkok Mass Transit Authority (BMTA) serve the airport's dedicated bus terminal. City buses offer a cheaper alternative of Bt35 flat fare, compared with the airport express bus, but passengers must take a shuttle bus to the public transportation center's bus terminal before they can board the bus. The 12 routes are as follows:

549 Suvarnabhumi-Minburi-Bangkapi via Seri Thai Rd.

550 Suvarnabhumi-Happy Land

551 Suvarnabhumi-Victory Monument (by expressway)

552 Suvarnabhumi-Khlong Toei (Customs Dept.) via Onnut BTS station

552A Suvarnabhumi-Samut Prakarn (Praeksa Garage)

553 Suvarnabhumi-Samut Prakarn (Crocodile Farm Garage)

554 Suvarnabhumi-Rangsit via Don Mueang and Ram Indra Rd. (by expressway)

555 Suvarnabhumi-Rangsit via Don Mueang and Central Plaza LadPhrao (by expressway)

556 Suvarnabhumi-Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal via Democracy Monument and Khaosan Rd.(by expressway)

557 Suvarnabhumi-Wong Wian Yai (The Great Circle)

558 Suvarnabhumi-Central Plaza Rama II

559 Suvarnabhumi-Future Park Rangsit via Dream World (by expressway)

There are also direct long-distance services to Pattaya and Nong Khai operated by the Transport Company.

All of the city buses and inter-city buses are air-conditioned

Bus

The airport operates 4 airport express bus routes to downtown Bangkok. The buses are air-conditioned with ample luggage space. The fare is 150 baht for the entire route. Passengers can get on the bus on the first floor of the terminal. The four routes are as follows:

AE4 Suvarnabhumi-Hua Lamphong (central Bangkok Railway Station) via Victory Monument(by expressway)

Additionally, 12 city bus routes operated by Bangkok Mass Transit Authority (BMTA) serve the airport's dedicated bus terminal. City buses offer a cheaper alternative of Bt35 flat fare, compared with the airport express bus, but passengers must take a shuttle bus to the public transportation center's bus terminal before they can board the bus. The 12 routes are as follows:

555 Suvarnabhumi-Rangsit via Don Mueang and Central Plaza LadPhrao (by expressway)

556 Suvarnabhumi-Bangkok Southern Bus Terminal via Democracy Monument and Khaosan Rd.(by expressway)

There are also direct long-distance services to Pattaya and Nong Khai operated by the Transport Company.

Do these city busses also run after midnight or do they hold off until morning?

Thank you for the info.

What frequency do the Airport Express buses run at?

Are their any fixed times and how many buses on each route?

What I'me getting at, is what sort of delay can one expect?

At 150b each, its seems quicker and almost as cheap for a couple to grab a cab.

What frequency do the Airport Express buses run at?

Are their any fixed times and how many buses on each route?

What I'me getting at, is what sort of delay can one expect?

At 150b each, its seems quicker and almost as cheap for a couple to grab a cab.

The old airport bus was advertised as running every 40 (or 45 mins). In reality I very rarely had to wait more than 30 mins.

I have not seen any reference to bus frequency for the new airport service. I have only caught it once after about a one hours wait, and it took 30 mins longer to get to the airport from Silom Road than before (due to the crazy route taken).

A cab is probably going to be my next mode-of-transport-of-choice to the airport.

Has anyone any experience or advice on travelling from the new airport to hotels in the Sukhumvit Road area?

I imagine the method that used to work well at Don Muang by walking up to the Departures area and grabbing a taxi dropping off departing passengers would not go over too well now.

I don't see above any bus readily servicing the Sukhumvit Road area!

Has anyone any experience or advice on travelling from the new airport to hotels in the Sukhumvit Road area?

I imagine the method that used to work well at Don Muang by walking up to the Departures area and grabbing a taxi dropping off departing passengers would not go over too well now.

I don't see above any bus readily servicing the Sukhumvit Road area!

Oct. 10, 2006 I landed at 11:26 pm and was at Nana hotel around 12:45am. Taxi cost 180 bt + 65bt tolls + tip. I walked out of baggage pick up, walked to the right 20 meters, took down escalator, walked out door and there were the taxis. No Line. Late flight does have its benefits. Otis

The OPNLY advantage of eh Aip Expr buses is that they leave from the airterminal itself, taxi floor= 1 floor down from arrivals. they now cost 150 baht and take the SLOW route via the BangnaTrat highway, then on the old expressway (always clogged up) to the Phetburi Road aexit.

They ONLYleave when nearly full and BACK are advertsied to run only hourly. may take (to banglamPhu) over 2 hrs whereas the 556 does it in 40 mins, about any time of day! Also the Airp Expr has transpired to be one of the big sponsors of Potjamarn= Taksins wife, who did all the deals in the backgarden of her house. AVOID it! it only goes to support her excessive shopping lust!

Of the CITYbuses from the BUSterminal: the 557 does NOT run or has existed. there is also 517 SHUTTLE to the Hua Ta Khe train sttaion on the ChaChoeng Sao, is irregular, only runs to connect with trains.

Used a Citybus yesterday: many carry notes that as per 15/12 coming MANY routes will change, and adapted to demand as what has transpired now. the 553 will be merged with the 552A.

Route 552 does NOT end at Onnut, continues via Sukhumvit, then left on Asoke, ends at Klong Toey garage.

Bus

where do i find this shuttle bus to the public transportation center's bus terminal ?

thanks

553 Suvarnabhumi-Samut Prakarn (Crocodile Farm Garage)....makes sense to merge them since they go almost on the same route.

I got the 553 a couple of times on last visit and although it takes a bit of a roundabout route....King Gel Road ,Bagna T then ducks round Shri-nak Rd its not a bad deal (think 30-35 bt forget...fell asleep ?)

Spoke to the conductor and she told us that they run 24 hours a day and since it also stops just about opposite our house in Sam P.. no prob with baggage ..... :o