Keeping up with all the new technology

thaipod

8 hours ago, robblok said:

Some of the older generation will have a problem with smart phones... my mom just can't master it (she is happy playing games on her IPAD) but the smarphone i gave her is too much for her. Dad has no problem with smart phones but does not want to explain it to mom all the time (quite understandable).

Some people will just never get it.. you can't miss what you never known so if you lived good without it no problem not having it. 

I'm 41.

The future is certainly interesting, technology wise, and it seems like our generation will see the end of paper use. Anyone in the printing business is on borrowed time, and its all happening so fast, apparently, they don't make laptops with optical drives anymore! I think anyone born 20 years from now will not use a pen or pencil, or even know what it is, and if they wish to view such implements,the museum will be the only place to go.

What's on the horizon? Wireless everything, 3d printing is already well-established, and virtual reality is beginning to reach the consumer. Humans will all be chipped at birth, and money will be scrapped, and when you get paid, you put your right hand on a pad and credits are given, then when you buy something, you do the same thing, only this tine, the amount is debited. Whether we like it or not, this is where we are heading, and I am not saying that any of this is good, just that it is on it's way.

Interesting times ahead ............

14 hours ago, MJP said:

I'm 41.

Oops.. 

Sorry I am 42.. i would have expected people my age to be able to handle those things. Then again.. give me a dril and a spirit level and a board and it will still not come out perfect. We all have our good and bad sides.

43 minutes ago, geronimo said:

The future is certainly interesting, technology wise, and it seems like our generation will see the end of paper use. Anyone in the printing business is on borrowed time, and its all happening so fast, apparently, they don't make laptops with optical drives anymore! I think anyone born 20 years from now will not use a pen or pencil, or even know what it is, and if they wish to view such implements,the museum will be the only place to go.

What's on the horizon? Wireless everything, 3d printing is already well-established, and virtual reality is beginning to reach the consumer. Humans will all be chipped at birth, and money will be scrapped, and when you get paid, you put your right hand on a pad and credits are given, then when you buy something, you do the same thing, only this tine, the amount is debited. Whether we like it or not, this is where we are heading, and I am not saying that any of this is good, just that it is on it's way.

Interesting times ahead ............

I am thinking about getting an oculus rift, i looked into 3d printing.. its nice too but slow and still a bit expensive. I wanted to print the prerfect BSR fishing spiral for lam with it 5555555 

12 hours ago, robblok said:

Oops.. 

Sorry I am 42.. i would have expected people my age to be able to handle those things. Then again.. give me a dril and a spirit level and a board and it will still not come out perfect. We all have our good and bad sides.

It's all this bloatware that does my head in. Can't seem to get rid of it and it has you swiping the screen in all directions endlessly. Tried rooting the thing using Kingo Root, no go.

I'm useless with a hammer unless it's for smashing "smart" phones.

8 minutes ago, MJP said:

It's all this bloatware that does my head in. Can't seem to get rid of it and it has you swiping the screen in all directions endlessly. Tried rooting the thing using Kingo Root, no go.

I'm useless with a hammer unless it's for smashing "smart" phones.

I just grouped the apps i needed in a single folder.  Not sure if its possible on your phone. I like many of the apps on my phone  but there are quite a few apps that i never use that are installed. I dont really care the phone is fast and the apps that i use are all grouped together so I don't have to remove the ones I dont use.. some are just tied into the operating system.

40 minutes ago, robblok said:

I just grouped the apps i needed in a single folder.  Not sure if its possible on your phone. I like many of the apps on my phone  but there are quite a few apps that i never use that are installed. I dont really care the phone is fast and the apps that i use are all grouped together so I don't have to remove the ones I dont use.. some are just tied into the operating system.

If you have a Samsung it's easy to root using odin and a good root software just google how to root (water your phone model is) then download an bloat ware remover app such as titanium plus or root uninstaler. or if your real want  all bloatware gone look for a new rom  for your phone again google how to flash a rom onto (your phone) it's pretty easy with step by step guides.

9 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

If you have a Samsung it's easy to root using odin and a good root software just google how to root (water your phone model is) then download an bloat ware remover app such as titanium plus or root uninstaler. or if your real want  all bloatware gone look for a new rom  for your phone again google how to flash a rom onto (your phone) it's pretty easy with step by step guides.

I got the s7 edge.. i know i can do it.. just don't see the reason as it has enough room and I added a super fast 128gb flash card in it. So not really needed for me. I am not bothered by it the telephone is super fast so its not a problem. 

I don't think there's any need to 'keep up' with the latest tech as the OP is asking about. In my view, a comparatively low sum of money now buys a fairly decent smartphone. There is no need to have the latest and greatest. 
For example, I still have my 2012 Samsung Galaxy S3. 4 years and still going strong. It was the first smartphone I ever bought and cost what I thought was an extortionate amount when I bought it - almost 23,000. 4 years later, I think it's been a great purchase. What's more, I know that if it breaks I can buy a new phone that's at least equal to and in many respects better than the S3 for much less, like the J7.
Sure the latest iPhone 7 is better in every respect I'm sure, but I don't feel the need to keep up. I think tech has got to the point where almost everyone can afford a decent phone. 

40 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

Depends on who the carrier is. Mine's a Samsung Note 4 unlocked but on AT&T (US model, but grey market for the UK). No root is available.