Good Builders in Saraburi

misterphil

Hi,

Im looking to build a house in Saraburi and looking for a builder whos reliable and is able to build a quality home. 

Saraburi is only 1 hour from Bangkok so possibly a builder from there would be possible. 

If anyone has had experience of building in Saraburi I'd appreciate any information and advice available. 

Regards

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

My advice would be to ask for recommendations locally and get to see there finished work.  

2 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

My advice would be to ask for recommendations locally and get to see there finished work.  

Hi

Weve had 2 recomendations and already had a disagreement with them about what building materials I want to use. 

I want to use Q-con blocks and the builder is recommending we build with red brick, hence the reason Im asking on here. 

24 minutes ago, misterphil said:

Hi

Weve had 2 recomendations and already had a disagreement with them about what building materials I want to use. 

I want to use Q-con blocks and the builder is recommending we build with red brick, hence the reason Im asking on here. 

Don't understand why they won't use what want l would say they have not got the expertise to lay Q-con blocks. 

Did you ask in the place where you are going by the blocks they will have labour contacts that will build & construct them for you. 

Another way of doing it is cruising around, and when locating a house you like - ask around (or even the owners) about the builder. Most people seemed to be flattered that their home was appreciated. Other sources of information could be carpenters, metal workers who work with builders. One of our recommendations (plus commentary on few other prospects) came from the guy who put in our fly screens.

Have just completed a house build up the road from Saraburi in the great Kao Yai. Had a quality builder who met and exceeded every request I made, including building a chimney stack and open hearth fireplace.

He has a great team of workers who have stayed with him for many years. While building my house he was also working on a contract to build the new Dusit Thani D2 hotel in Kao Yai. 

Interesting point on Q-con blocks, asked him if he would be using these as see more house being built with them. But he said he would use red bricks as these provided better quality and greater strength.      

You are welcome to take at look at the finished article and can show other properties he has completed.

10 minutes ago, dick turpin said:

Interesting point on Q-con blocks, asked him if he would be using these as see more house being built with them. But he said he would use red bricks as these provided better quality and greater strength.  

That is indeed interesting, and indicates that he uses Thai logic, because q-con blocks are load bearing while the red bricks are crap.

Most of these 2-3 story terrace    buildings  you see around where I am are now using q-con blocks ,they seem to like them as you can soon put a wall up with them ,our house was built with red bricks ,but with Thai foundations ,or lack of ,the whole lot is sinking ,a high water table  dose not help matters   the walls have more cracks in than in my mums fruit cake ,more cement than red  bricks .in the walls.

But  with the Thai way of building, the house  it is basically a reinforced   concrete  frame  with the bricks "filling " in the holes , I would go with q-con blocks more  block than cement ,better weight bearing , some say red bricks have  better inoculating  properties ,I would say the jury is well out on that one ,or is  it a case of we have been being doing it this way for years why change.

Back to the op's  Q .I would go with Morch ,find a house you like and  ask who built it ,if it has been they for say 10 years and  no cracks in the walls ect  could be a good bet .

Trouble with asking trade people for recommendation's ,is that  they will probably recommend  there  ,brother ,  BIL , cousin, ect ,regardless if he is competent or not , again ask to see some of his work.

Q-con is also reported to be much cooler than using red bricks. The red bricks store build up and store heat so your house is warm and toasty far into the night. I would try to find a builder that will use the building material that you prefer.

Archived