Problem: Thai dog together with other small dogs (Shi Tzu)?

A few months ago, we rescued a single female Thai dog puppy (~8 weeks old).

We have four small (poodle size) other dogs, 2-5 years old.

All dogs live exclusively  on our property, no contact with stray dogs.

But since a few weeks, we have growing problems with our Thai dog, now 12 kg and bigger than the other ones, when it comes to feeding.

She becomes very aggressive against the other dogs and want to protect all the food.

Meanwhile , we feed her separately which is ok, but if she only "thinks" somebody wants her food, it ends in a fight...

This morning, my wife made food and something fell on the floor, one of the small dogs only sniffed and immediately, an aggressive fight with all dogs (four against one), started.

When I separated the dogs, the Thai dog had the neck of one of the small one in her mouth and it was hard to free it.

Apart from that, the Thai dog is very friendly, plays with the other dogs and likes to be stroked, even from unknown people.

I'm not sure what to do, since I don't think this behaviour will ever change and one day, one of the small dogs might be seriously injured.

My wife suggested, to bring the dog to her house upcountry, but this would be the last solution.

Any ideas?

Edited by retoocs01

I had the same problem with one of my dogs.

The solution was to first make it clear that I controlled her food - i.e. give food/treats/bones and then gradually make her back off by slowly moving forward and 'taking over' the food - and then once she'd given it up to me, returning it to her.

It only took far less time than expected for her to get the point.

She's still food possessive where the other dogs are concerned, but its reduced to lifting her lip and growling a bit - and she backs off immediately on my turning up and pointing for her to move away.