Thookdee international phone cards

billypla

I have been using Thookdee International calling cards for the past year and it was cheap to ring Ireland and the Uk(between 2 and 3 baht per minute).Now the cost seems to gone up to about 12 baht per minute.Does anyone know why this has happened and is there any other phone cards I can use and if so where I can buy?

7 11 only stock Thookdee cards.

Thanks for any input.

Thookdee rate to fixed line UK is not that bad (1 Baht plus tax).

(deleted)

Ireland is indeed expensive. No idea why.

EasyCard still advertises good rates for Ireland:

http://www.easycard.in.th/index.php/en/rates

Available about everywhere EXCEPT 7/11:

http://www.easycard.in.th/index.php/en/where-to-buy

Seem much cheaper to both UK and Ireland.

(no idea whether quality is different)

Edited by KhunBENQ
deleted first link, wrong

A lot of this depends on what bilateral arrangements are negotiated between the phone companies, and how much of the long distance call traffic is flowing in each direction. Presumably, there is more disagreement, and higher prices to solve it, when there is a heavy imbalance (most of the demand is in one direction).

Can you use Skype to do this? I use it frequently from my laptop - I'm guessing they have an app for phone now too. Cannot quote prices in baht, but probably 2 or 3 per minute. Maybe someone else could say more about this option.

Thanks for the replies.I call my mum but she is over 90 and has problems with smart phones etc.

Where can I get Easy card or Cat?I tried Watsons and a few stationers shops.I might try Fortune tower today as there are a lot of phone shops there.Hopefully someone has some cards in stock!!

1 minute ago, billypla said:

Thanks for the replies.I call my mum but she is over 90 and has problems with smart phones etc.

Where can I get Easy card or Cat?I tried Watsons and a few stationers shops.I might try Fortune tower today as there are a lot of phone shops there.Hopefully someone has some cards in stock!!

Billy, try using skype to ring a landline, subscription for a month is something like 2 pounds for unlimited use !

Two CAT offices that I know of:

1. On west side of Phahonyothin Road, at the NW corner of Saphan Kwai BTS Station. Use the entrance on the south side of the Post Office and go up to the 2nd Floor.

2. On west (river) side of Charoen Krung Road, between Suriwong and Sriphriya Roads, in the Post Office compound. Small white building at the NE corner of the property.

Open 8:30 a.m. Mon. - Fri. The Charoen Krung one might be open on weekends.