Syria: schoolchildren among 26 killed in airstrikes – reports

webfact

Syria: schoolchildren among 26 killed in airstrikes – reports

606x341_347903.jpg

PARIS: -- Syrian or Russian airstrikes have killed at least 26 people, most of them schoolchildren, in a village in Syria’s rebel-held Idlib province – according to rescue workers and a monitoring group.

The raids are said to have hit a residential area and a school in Haas village.

A Syrian state TV report quoted a military source as saying that a number of militants had been killed when their positions were targeted in Haas, but did not mention a school.

The Civil Defence network, which operates in rebel-held areas in the country, said 20 of the dead in Wednesday’s attacks were children.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a British-based war monitor, said the warplanes had struck several locations in Haas including an elementary and middle school, killing at least one teacher as well as the children.

It gave a lower toll of 15 children killed.

Meanwhile, Turkey’s president says his country’s actions in Syria will not extend to trying to take control of Aleppo.

“Let’s achieve peace for the people of Aleppo. Let’s make a joint fight against terrorist organisations. But Aleppo belongs to the people of Aleppo. We need to be clear on this. It is not right to make calculations over Aleppo,” said Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

Aleppo was Syria’s most populous city before the war erupted. It is now divided into government and rebel-held areas.

Airstrikes have reduced the rebel-controlled east to ruins.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-10-27

There was once a young boy called Peter. He like to cry out "WOLF!!!" as an attention seeking ploy. Worked a treat until one day a wolf really did come to gobble him down.

Let's try leaving the rightful ruler of the cesspit known as Syria to rule his country-folk by whatever means he decides is necessary. The Russians are there on Assad's invitation. The Oh so PC European, US and other armed forces are by definition terrorist entities when they go around arming Isis and other Islamist groups- to attack the rightful leader and his people. Fair to say if it werent for Obama,Cameron,Hollande et al, Syria would be a relatively peaceful place - or to be honest, as peaceful a place as can be considering it is overseen by a hateful ideology. After seeing how the Syrians behave after arriving in Europe(which was previously a place with rule of law, and peaceful to the point of boring) I think Assad is doing a tremendous job.

2 hours ago, minimoi said:

I agree on this one.

US, UE seem to not remember the disasters the brought in Iraq, Lybia and now Syria.

Especially when we know the main reason for this war in Syria is a pipeline construction, certainly not freedom or a problem with Assad.

Just as a reminder : Under Assad rule : 12% Christian community and even a 2% Jewish community.

US and UE have made a pact with Al Nusra and other affiliates of Al Qaeda to get rid of Assad.

West is raging about the abuses of Russian and Syrian armies but are quite quiet about their own rampages on civilians.

Once they stop providing weapons to the so called "moderate" the war would end quickly.

"Just as a reminder : Under Assad rule : 12% Christian community and even a 2% Jewish community."

With respect to the underlined bit, you may have been referring to the previous Assad. Certainly not not apply to the current Assad regime. Even with regard to his dad's years in power, the figure seems a bit on the high side, and again - did not apply for all of his reign. Mostly the Jewish community was prevented from leaving the country. The minute this was lifted, they pretty much took off.

Perhaps a minor point in your diatribe, but IMO, representative of the accuracy of other statements.

Edited by Morch

2 hours ago, minimoi said:

The pathetic thing is seeing someone eating the bullsh!t they serve you on western medias...

Yes or no there was a pipeline project which could have change the market if completed?

Yes or no USA and Europe gives weapon to Al Nusra, affiliate of Al Qaeda? (even a french minister at the time said " Al Nusra is doing a good job there")

Yes or no under Assad regime there was christians and jewish community and will it be the same if the "moderate rebels" come to power?

Yes or no Lybia and Iraq were debacles?

Yes or no the War in Lybia and Iraq were started on false claims from USA and Europe?

Answer this then come back

Good Story. Call it Fiction.

A lot of points with no proof. Sorry cannot buy your book.

2 minutes ago, minimoi said:

Read them, you ll thank me after... it is always a pleasure 

I think it is better to care about your own home countries kids. The kids in Syria may one day set off a bomb in your

home country or mine.

1 minute ago, minimoi said:

Why always sliding on a stupid  comment?

For now, the ones who suffer the most are muslims and as far as I know your country is not bombed by the "freedom bringers" the west is

Better end it here, I highly doubt you had the time to read the links I provided 

Terrorists are Muslims gone bad. Syria is a Muslim country. Some of them go bad. 2+2 = Sorted.

59 minutes ago, bark said:

Terrorists are Muslims gone bad. Syria is a Muslim country. Some of them go bad. 2+2 = Sorted.

It's extremely easy to radicalise people who have absolutely nothing to lose.

Let's hope these ones take their wrath out on Putin.

2 hours ago, bark said:

So both sides in the troubles in Northern Ireland as well as the home grown bombers in the USA were all Muslims!!! you learn something new every day

'MAYBE...OR....' Right. Mere suspicion/accusational. What about all the hired 'moderate' (al nusra) militants that lay siege and war to the sovereign nation? The western air strikes that've hit tons of people?

Edited by gemini81
spell

31 minutes ago, gemini81 said:

they work in only 'rebel' held territory. Syria has its own civil defense (overlooked by most media coverage).

"they work in only 'rebel' held territory" that's because they are allied to the "rebels", who in fact aren't "rebels", they're foreign invaders.

The usual conspiracy theory stuff, posted without any semblance of support.

The Syrian war is based on an earlier proven historical conspiracy theory named after Sykes-Picot.

To understand and to prove this important fact you just have to watch the flag of the Syrian rebels who's the same as the flag of the Syrian territory under French colonial supervision.

It's in my opinion rather strange to claim a regime change and democracy if you use a colonial flag as a banner...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Syria

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

15 hours ago, yardrunner said:

So both sides in the troubles in Northern Ireland as well as the home grown bombers in the USA were all Muslims!!! you learn something new every day

In Northern Ireland, they are all crazy, according to England. And that was 20 years ago.

The problem now is bad muslim from other countries.

9 hours ago, gemini81 said:

'MAYBE...OR....' Right. Mere suspicion/accusational. What about all the hired 'moderate' (al nusra) militants that lay siege and war to the sovereign nation? The western air strikes that've hit tons of people?

The Russian airstrikes caused more civilian casualties then the US-led coalition airstrikes, and in a shorter period of time. The Russian airstrikes make wider use of unguided munitions and cluster bombs.

And granted, the home public opinion angle doesn't count much when it comes to Russia.

Edited by Morch

9 hours ago, gemini81 said:

they work in only 'rebel' held territory. Syria has its own civil defense (overlooked by most media coverage).

And does Syria's original civil defense force operate in areas not held by the government?

One way or another, someone needs to provide these services to the population in war-zones. The current situation is that there are two main bodies doing similar work in separate areas. Access is limited both by forces loyal to Assad, and those that oppose him. Far from an ideal situation, but can't really get what the other solution is offered with regard to such services.

8 hours ago, fasteddie said:

"they work in only 'rebel' held territory" that's because they are allied to the "rebels", who in fact aren't "rebels", they're foreign invaders.

Even if one agreed with your assertions, how does this make those "white helmet" guys wrong? Or is your opinion that civilian population in areas held by those opposing Assad should be denied such services?

8 hours ago, Thorgal said:

The Syrian war is based on an earlier proven historical conspiracy theory named after Sykes-Picot.

To understand and to prove this important fact you just have to watch the flag of the Syrian rebels who's the same as the flag of the Syrian territory under French colonial supervision.

It's in my opinion rather strange to claim a regime change and democracy if you use a colonial flag as a banner...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Syria

I have serious doubts that the average Syrian could formulate an argument detailing the Sykes-Picot agreements. But if your own conspiracy theory rests on the use of one flag or another (all pretty similar, btw) - then it must be true. Guess we just have a different standards of substantiating things. Not a first.

On 10/27/2016 at 5:57 AM, minimoi said:

I agree on this one.

US, UE seem to not remember the disasters the brought in Iraq, Lybia and now Syria.

Especially when we know the main reason for this war in Syria is a pipeline construction, certainly not freedom or a problem with Assad.

Just as a reminder : Under Assad rule : 12% Christian community and even a 2% Jewish community.

US and UE have made a pact with Al Nusra and other affiliates of Al Qaeda to get rid of Assad.

West is raging about the abuses of Russian and Syrian armies but are quite quiet about their own rampages on civilians.

Once they stop providing weapons to the so called "moderate" the war would end quickly.

The main reason for this war was the brutal crackdown on civilians protesting against a brutal dictator.  Let's get the facts straight.

2 hours ago, Morch said:

The Russian airstrikes caused more civilian casualties then the US-led coalition airstrikes, and in a shorter period of time. The Russian airstrikes make wider use of unguided munitions and cluster bombs.

how do you know all this…..you been vacationing there?

I have serious doubts that the average Syrian could formulate an argument detailing the Sykes-Picot agreements. But if your own conspiracy theory rests on the use of one flag or another (all pretty similar, btw) - then it must be true. Guess we just have a different standards of substantiating things. Not a first.

From European Union Institute of Security Studies :

http://www.iss.europa.eu/uploads/media/Alert_34-Sykes-Picot_and_Syria.pdf

Comes pretty close to what I referred previously.

2 hours ago, Mosha said:

So if bombing the school is a war crime, so are drone strikes on wedding parties.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

The US at least acknowledges mistakes, sometimes. With Russia its outright denial almost every time.

3 hours ago, Thorgal said:

From European Union Institute of Security Studies :

http://www.iss.europa.eu/uploads/media/Alert_34-Sykes-Picot_and_Syria.pdf

Comes pretty close to what I referred previously.

Another instance of the fine tradition of posting links which do not support your argument.

Sorry, no conspiracy theory there, nor over-reliance on Sykes-Picot.

Try harder.

6 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

The main reason for this war was the brutal crackdown on civilians protesting against a brutal dictator.  Let's get the facts straight.

He was a democratically elected leader of a secular sovereign nation. 4th most peaceful before the 'war.' 4 'protestors' were dead, yet 7 police were dead by sniping. Something to consider regarding facts...

1 hour ago, gemini81 said:

He was a democratically elected leader of a secular sovereign nation. 4th most peaceful before the 'war.' 4 'protestors' were dead, yet 7 police were dead by sniping. Something to consider regarding facts...

Kim Jong Il was also democratically elected. From what I read, it was 15 protesters killed. But why were they protesting? Because they were a peaceful country? Read up on the atrocities committed by Assad and his father.