All quiet

digbeth

I'm sure some of us get to enjoy the newfound quiet during these period of mourning for HM the king, 

No blasting music from markets etc....

Last week I was in Bangkok and on the skytrain all the screen advertising were off

Went to the cinema last night and the sound is turned down.... which although I felt like I've not got my money's worth but could be a boon for many who feels that the cinema is too loud

which could point to the fact that the Thais are at least aware that loudness is disrespectful / not enjoyable

3 hours ago, newnative said:

One can hope everyone will get used to the quiet at night and when the noise resumes there will be an outcry to require it to be behind closed doors and loud noise prohibited in open air venues. Hope springs eternal.

I am going to predict the opposite. Imagine people who just bought some new sound system and is missing his chance to share the joy of his refined taste of music with you. I expect the noise to be back with a vengeance because after the period of mourning it is natural that it would be time to party. 

You know there is a guy who has some set up like this that is just itching to be the center of attention again. There is no way this is going to cure these kind of morons.

158dd0c895414b8422f0be49c3d084cf.jpg

11 minutes ago, anotheruser said:

There is no way this is going to cure these kind of morons.

I'm afraid you're correct there is no cure for noisy morons  and the more ( normal quiet ) people complain the better they like it.

Thanks for the heads up OP. I'll give the cinema a pass until after 13 November. Without the appropriate sound levels it's a waste of money.

If you like loud music, the gogos are pumping at normal levels, and the discos too.

14 hours ago, tropo said:

Thanks for the heads up OP. I'll give the cinema a pass until after 13 November. Without the appropriate sound levels it's a waste of money.

If you like loud music, the gogos are pumping at normal levels, and the discos too.

I have been staggered by whats going on in light of recent events.I had fully accepted at the sad news a complete month shutdown across the board. One particular bar group in Soi 6 were taking great delight that they got them open immediately with the token words "girls gotta earn"....

4 hours ago, Chivas said:

I have been staggered by whats going on in light of recent events.I had fully accepted at the sad news a complete month shutdown across the board. One particular bar group in Soi 6 were taking great delight that they got them open immediately with the token words "girls gotta earn"....

I wouldn't be staggered. Many people in Thailand live day to day. Landlords won't waive rent, banks won't waive mortgage payments.

6 hours ago, Chivas said:

Many foreigners were predicting a disaster of huge magnitude. Some are in denial and think this is a delayed response and catastrophe is yet to follow.  

This is the Y2K of Thailand.

1 hour ago, tropo said:

Many foreigners were predicting a disaster of huge magnitude. Some are in denial and think this is a delayed response and catastrophe is yet to follow.  

This is the Y2K of Thailand.

Not with you ??  What is the denial bit ??  What do you think then is going to happen  ??

29 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Not with you ??  What is the denial bit ??  What do you think then is going to happen  ??

Everything is proceeding as I predicted, only more smoothly... the opposite of what you predicted.

Edited by tropo