extension based on marriage

my friend has just phoned me to say he checked his passport and he noticed his extension based on marriage expired 3 days ago......what options does he have ? can he go to his local immigration office and get a extension for 7...15  or 30 days for 1900 bht ....does he get to the boarder pay his overstay asap...leave Thailand then return on what ever visa he can get......i just need some clear info please...

If he has all the supporting documents and financial proof to apply for the extension the would probably do the one year extension after he paid the overstay fine. 

It would be best if he went today.

If  is not ready to apply for the one year extension he could take his wife with him and apply for a 60 day extension to visit her.

3 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

If he has all the supporting documents and financial proof to apply for the extension the would probably do the one year extension after he paid the overstay fine. 

If  is not ready to apply for the one year extension he could take his wife with him and apply for a 60 day extension to visit her.

thank you for the info....hes not ready to apply for a one year extension....i wiil tell him to take his wife to immigration tomorrow asap and apply for a 60 day extension to visit her....thank you

Edited by nongsangcity

20 minutes ago, nongsangcity said:

thank you for the info....hes not ready to apply for a one year extension....i wiil tell him to take his wife to immigration tomorrow asap and apply for a 60 day extension to visit her....thank you

• He shouldn't have a problem getting a 60 day extension, and he can still apply for a 1 year extension towards the end of the 60 days.
  • In the unlikely event that they deny a 60 day extension he will be given 7 days to leave the country.

2 hours ago, elviajero said:
  • He shouldn't have a problem getting a 60 day extension, and he can still apply for a 1 year extension towards the end of the 60 days.
  • In the unlikely event that they deny a 60 day extension he will be given 7 days to leave the country.

thank you so much

On 27/10/2559 at 0:04 PM, ubonjoe said:

Ubonjoe....my friend went to immigration on friday which meant he had a 3 day overstay...he presented his doucuments etc....they told him to go back on monday as it was almost closing time...he went monday yesterday....he had his passport stamped with an overstay...he paid 6 days overstay fine...and his documents are now under consideration for one month.......

On 27/10/2559 at 4:21 PM, elviajero said:

my friend went friday so he was 3 days overdue...he went late so they told him to comeback monday with his documents in full....he went monday....was hit with a 6 day overstay...a stamp in his passport regarding his overstay...his paperwork is under consideration now for a month...so hopefully all will end in smiles....