Single Entry Tourist Visa Kuala Lumpur @ October 2016 report

I was in Kuala Lumpur and thought I'd give it a shot at getting a Tourist Visa there.    

I wasn't expecting much, given previous reports.

There are signs up at the counter windows saying that tourist visa (and transit visas) need to have a Return ticket and a Hotel Reservation.  

Along with the application form, they give you a checklist of requirements, which again includes Return Tickets and Hotel Bookings.  The notes about Hotel Bookings say that you have to have hotel bookings  for *every day* of your stay in Thailand.   

The application form has a sign-off where you must acknowledge that if they deny you a visa, you still pay the fee (150MYR)

----

I don't have return tickets nor hotel bookings, but approached the counter anyway.

I made the case that I would be coming and going by bus and that you can't get bus tickets from Thailand to Malaysia in advance.   They said you could if you book online.  (Which, in retrospect, does seem to be the case, even if they are 50% more expensive that way).  

The embassy didn't seem to be concerned about the Hotel Reservations.  

The bottom line is that they said I should go away and get a return ticket.  I declined.  Presumably, if I had gone and gotten one then everything would have been hunky dory.  

That's it, really.  No change since previous reports.

-----

Circumstances: UK passport, a few TRs in the past, none back to back. (Not that we got to the stage where I handed over my passport).  

I will get one in Penang, this is just an update for info.  

OK, back on your heads.

• Like 1