Brit Living in Thailand - needs travel insurance

SimonMrPics

I purchased cover from AXA online a couple of years ago an hour or so before a long weekend to Singapore, cost about 800 Baht.

Whilst in Singapore I had a heart attack resulting in hospitalisation and an operation, the bill was in the region of 650,000 Baht, which AXA paid in full.
The only problem with AXA, and I think most Thai insurers, is that you have to pay yourself and claim the money back.
World Nomads is good, but they were no good for me as they have a maximum age criteria.

I have been using AIG (link here) when traveling, both for myself and girlfriend (I used an office, cheap and fine service) – but if you have a Master Card, check if that includes a travel insurance; the new one my Danish bank gave me does and up to 60 days, and it doesn't matter I live in Thailand, I'm covered and with repartition to Thailand...

NZI Thailand has good coverage,
aswell
Mr Matthias Hochlenert of Global Insurance Broker Co.,Ltd

Tel +66 38 426 231 | FAX +66 38 426 232

Mobile +66 8 2469 5556

Email: [email protected]

Web: www.globalinsurancethailand.com

banks as mostly not covering what you can get when you do directly and get more for less money

Strange, you advise going directly and in the same post recommend going via a broker.