EasyPass & M-Pass - what if have both

drbrit

Now EasyPass and M-Pass tags can now be used at either expressway (from 1 Nov), I have not seen any information from either company about what is the situation if you have both tags in your car, and both with balance.

If integrated correctly, the tag for that expressway should be debited (if balance is available), if not the 'foreign' tag is debited.     However, being Thailand, there is always a worry that both could get debited!

Does anyone have any definitive info or news on this?

Edited by drbrit

53 minutes ago, juehoe said:

The information spread was, that the system will choose the tag with the stronger signal.

Yes ... that is what I read. If the OP is concerned then I suggest that he wraps one in 'silver paper' until the other is exhausted and then unwrap from the 'silver paper' and use thst one.

49 minutes ago, JAS21 said:

Yes ... that is what I read. If the OP is concerned then I suggest that he wraps one in 'silver paper' until the other is exhausted and then unwrap from the 'silver paper' and use thst one.

My suggestion in the other thread running in News was to leave one unit at home :)

It's not an issue with the pay-on-entry toll gates, but there are some distance-based sections where you check-in and check-out at which point the fee is deducted just like the metro. Of course if the system reads your Easypass at the entrance and your Mpass at the exit the alarms go off and everything grinds to a halt.

58 minutes ago, Crossy said:

My suggestion in the other thread running in News was to leave one unit at home :)

It's not an issue with the pay-on-entry toll gates, but there are some distance-based sections where you check-in and check-out at which point the fee is deducted just like the metro. Of course if the system reads your Easypass at the entrance and your Mpass at the exit the alarms go off and everything grinds to a halt.

An interesting point ... that must have been tested though :smile:... no problem for paupers like me ... I only have an Easy Pass

The issue is, I have about 2000Bt balance on both tags.    I don't want to remove one tag for one gate, and another tag for another.  Trying to establish if they have worked out whther M-Pass on Mpass gate will debit only the mPass balance, and on the EasyPass Gate will only debit the EasyPass tag UNTIL the balance is zero.  Nobody so far has an answer

9 hours ago, drbrit said:

The issue is, I have about 2000Bt balance on both tags.    I don't want to remove one tag for one gate, and another tag for another.  Trying to establish if they have worked out whther M-Pass on Mpass gate will debit only the mPass balance, and on the EasyPass Gate will only debit the EasyPass tag UNTIL the balance is zero.  Nobody so far has an answer

As you have about 4000Baht invested you probably are a regular user. There is a way for you to find out and it's not too difficult and you could be the leader here. Then please come back and tell us what you find ...no point in us all loosing money is there. Cause it won't be easy to get back will it! :smile:

Edited by JAS21

UPDATE:  I have the answer after speaking to M-Pass Call Centre.

Sadly, there is no real integration process for those with 2 types of tags.

You have to remove the "foreign" tag to prevent being charged twice, and manage your account balances until one or other reaches zero

i.e. If going through an M-Pass gate, remove the EasyPass tag.    If going through an EasyPass gate, remove the M-Pass tag.

When one of the tags has zero (or less than one trip) balance you can just leave whichever tag has balance on your windscreen and use that one all the time.

In my case I will prefer to use EasyPass because I can top up via ATM.    (The M-Pass is convenient to top up only if you have a KrungThai bank account which I do not)

12 hours ago, drbrit said:

You use on card until its empty, then replace with the other one. How hard can it be.. 

Drove from Nonthaburi to Sattahip today ...Easy Pass Tag worked okay in M-Pass Lane. 

Saw a guy with a clip board at the M-Pass barrier ...think he put some sort of mark on his clipboard as I passed

Been driving all over with both tags on the window for a few days now. I don't believe I was charged twice as I was keeping an eye on the balance, and it appears to me that if both signals are present it uses the System tag before the Non-System tag.

I think that if you checked into a section with one tag, then the system will look for that tag at the exit point.

I am amazed that it went as smooth as it did.

Now let's get the BTS, MRT & Airport link working together.

58 minutes ago, GBK said:

Do you remember how much please?

According to their website ... http://www.thaieasypass.com/etcsite/   ... 1000thb is the deposit ... and we always top up at least 1000thb and refill when say down to 200-300thb.  So budget on 2000thb to start.

It's bad news for all those behind you if you let the balance get too low. It does show you your balance each time you go through the barrier ... I have noticed that recently they seem to get the balance correct.

You can top up at some of the easy point barriers ... not sure which ones though.

2 hours ago, paul545 said:

I have both passes. No deposit required just a minimum load to start off. 

Wow ... Hopefully you are reasonably new to the system as they have a deposit of mine from years ago ...guess their website isn't exactly accurate either ... or...