Can$ Exchange Rates if Trump Wins

pegman

What happens to the Canadian $ exchange rate against world currencies like the Thai Baht if Trump were to win? The USA and Canada do over US$600B a year in trade. What I have read the US$ will tank over night, much like the post-Brexist £,  if Trump pulls out an unlikely victory. Will our $ take a further hit?

Given the current low-probability of that event, I doubt the markets are pricing it in much, but watch-this-space if the polls change ?

I'd have thought that the strength/weakness of the CA$ was more influenced by the price of oil, at the moment ?

But I'd welcome anyone-else's more-informed input/views, as I send US$ to Canada regularly, to support someone in University there !

According to FoxNews if Trump wins, the world will be a better place, the economy will boom, the U.S. dollar will become super strong, racial strife will go way, etc.   But FoxNews only repeats (and agrees with) what Trump says so you might want to read a few other news sources to confirm if what Donald forecasts about the economy and dollar are true or not.

Archived