Thai gf to Australia

3 hours ago, agrow said:

try bringing her on a tourist visa first 1 they don't cost as much 2 she might not like oz. a 3 month visa isn't that hard to get(it only took 3 day's for my TG).

you really need to listen to this advice. the majority of thai girls dont do well in western countries. if she is close with her family and cant prepare he own food when abroad then you have very little chance of her being happy outside of thailand. i have 2 kids with a thai girl and we live in thailand. i really want the kids to go to high school in nz. i know it is going to be hard on the mum. good luck, thai western relationships need all the help they can get.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lungnorm said:

All good advice here, go the tourist visa way but maybe get married in Thailand before you leave. Once in Aussie get married and then apply for a Bridging Visa. Avoid all agents even the Thai agents in Aussie as they even rip Thai people off not just Ferangs. Before you go to Aussie gather up all kinds of evidence of your cohabitation and find all your old airline tickets and any receipts to prove you have been a regular visitor to Thailand. Get photo's of you both at landmarks etc in Thailand with time and date on them. You should have no problem also take her medical records with you as she will have to undergo a medical exam this is to make sure she will not be a burden on Medicare. Chok Dee

I don't know the laws in Australia but make sure it's legal to do that. I know in the U.S. it's considered immigration fraud to knowingly come there on a tourist visa with the intent on marrying. That's why they have fiancé and marriage visas. See they get a lot more money from those and feel you're ripping them off by by skirting around the laws and paying less money. All I'm saying is if you're going to to it that way, I wouldn't tell them. She just came over on a tourist visa and you fell in love. Crazy how that happens.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dbrenn said:

Agreed. I did a fiancee then partner visa for my missus  (who's now an Australian citizen). All the information is available online and there's no need to pay an agent - all they do is submit forms that you yourself have to fill in anyway . 

Why not ask the guy to give you 1,000 dollars and help him. He saves 2,600; and you get beer money.

Hello...sad to say this will all end in tears. You can't even afford few grand to get her here. Also she/you want start family. It just gets better. 

Lost all your money in the GFC. What were you business mongul not building your empire back up but falling in love with Thai gf wishing to start a family. BTW no info about ages or serious future plans. For heavens sake. Go up. Or ask advise on TV when its already available here and Google. Geezuz

Just got the visa last week the cost was $8500AUS  The forms are for G/f 47SP and for you need to do a sponsor form 40SP as will you will need 2 friends to fill form 888 one of witch must be Australia and they need to know both of you, you will also need to do a police check your G/f will be told to have a Thai police check and a medical that will be a 4/5 mouths after you have lodged the paper work.

It took my wife 10 mouths to be granted the visa,  Now if I had to do it again I would take my partner over on a tourist visa that only takes about 1 mouth and when she get there apply  for the migration visa when she is there that way she can stay till that visa is approved, You need to make sure that all her paper work is translated . good luck mate

1 hour ago, Stewy58 said:

Just got the visa last week the cost was $8500AUS  The forms are for G/f 47SP and for you need to do a sponsor form 40SP as will you will need 2 friends to fill form 888 one of witch must be Australia and they need to know both of you, you will also need to do a police check your G/f will be told to have a Thai police check and a medical that will be a 4/5 mouths after you have lodged the paper work.

It took my wife 10 mouths to be granted the visa,  Now if I had to do it again I would take my partner over on a tourist visa that only takes about 1 mouth and when she get there apply  for the migration visa when she is there that way she can stay till that visa is approved, You need to make sure that all her paper work is translated . good luck mate

The majority of visitor visas have a No Further Stay condition which prevents the applicants for applying for another visa.

I have done this twice.

I am currently waiting for the visa for my second Thai wife.

Th first was a bar girl with a drinking problem. Don't do this .....

The process now takes 15 Months.(Minimum)

This is set in concrete. It will NOT happen quicker.

An agent is a good investment. By submitting yourself you just risk the other $6840.

This is not cheap nor quick. But it is designed to eliminate the not so serious applications.

If you have not submitted at least 40 documents you probably have it wrong.

11 minutes ago, William27 said:

I have done this twice.

I am currently waiting for the visa for my second Thai wife.

Th first was a bar girl with a drinking problem. Don't do this .....

The process now takes 15 Months.(Minimum)

This is set in concrete. It will NOT happen quicker.

An agent is a good investment. By submitting yourself you just risk the other $6840.

This is not cheap nor quick. But it is designed to eliminate the not so serious applications.

If you have not submitted at least 40 documents you probably have it wrong.

Waiting period for a spouse visa lodged in Thailand is currently up to 12 months.

Many people on here including myself did it without an agent.

If you're reasonably ok with paperwork, it's not that hard.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2016 at 0:20 PM, Will27 said:

It's nothing to do with sexuality.

it (Immigration) just says "they have a mutual commitment to a shared life to the exclusion of all others".

It applies if you're gay or straight.

It does have a certain  "moral ring" to it doesn't it?

2 hours ago, Will27 said:

Waiting period for a spouse visa lodged in Thailand is currently up to 12 months.

Many people on here including myself did it without an agent.

If you're reasonably ok with paperwork, it's not that hard.

For Application up to and including February 2016 the Waiting period was 12 Months.

All Agents have been informally notified that applications submitted after February 2016 will take 15 Months.

The processing time on the DOI website says 12 Months. But if you ask any agent they will tell you the reality.

• 2 weeks later...

It's easy to get a marriage registered in Thailand for starters. Then, after you've returned to Australia you can apply for a spouse visa for your wife. From memory this requires supporting statements from family and friends who are  prepared to attest to your sanity and sincerity (statements from politicians, church minister, other community leaders, prominent businessmen etc who know you are best), that the relationship has lasted for some time (you can check requirements on line, they're not too invasive) etc. Any dated photos in support of proof of relationship are good too.  The paperwork is not too hard to deal with; you don't get any benefit from an agent unless you're illiterate. Bribes don't work in Oz. I must say, tho, that it would be good to ensure your wife knows what she's getting into by coming to live in Australia; many have a completely distorted view about lifestyle (and your own social status). Leaving her family support, needing decent English language to get work and some self-reliance, self-esteem etc is a huge challenge. She may well suffer some culture shock she'll never recover from. You'll get the blame if it all goes south. Without realistic preparation and understanding on both sides about benefits and obligations to each other, both of you may end up very unhappy, confused and disappointed. Address all the realities and ensure you have very good communications and understandings (no secrets) with your partner for starters. Good luck.