Thai air cancellation policy

Clive

Hello.

I purchased a ticket for my daughter 10 days ago via the phone in.the uk but something has come up and she can't go on the dates booked

On the ticket it states 

100GBP non rerouteable non refundable.

Can anyone pls explain what this means please?

Thank you so much in advance

9 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

There's a £100 penalty to change the ticket to another date on the same flight routing. There's no refund if all travel plans are cancelled.

Quick question, that means 100 plus any change in the fare, right?  Or is that Thai Air's policy?

1 hour ago, impulse said:

Quick question, that means 100 plus any change in the fare, right?  Or is that Thai Air's policy?

Typically all airlines will also recover any increased costs from the purchaser if the new itinerary requires it.

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Typically all airlines will also recover any increased costs from the purchaser if the new itinerary requires it.

I've had a couple of surprises in the USA when changing a ticket was going to cost more than burning it and buying a new one.  I was wondering if TG was that way.

19 hours ago, impulse said:

I've had a couple of surprises in the USA when changing a ticket was going to cost more than burning it and buying a new one.  I was wondering if TG was that way.

I had similar with UA when I saved about 70 bucks after cancelling the original booking AND eating the associated surcharge and making a new booking. Doesn't happen often enough though! No clue if TG is as flexible.