Xmas Gift

BKK90210

Xmas gift….. what gift are you giving your mrs/gf this xmas?

I want to shop early for Mrs.Bkk this year but thinking of that one special & unique gift is far more difficult than I thought. She’s a one picky lady.

No flowers – good for only a few days…wasting $$$

No chocolate – she doesn’t want to gain any more weight

No jewelry – she doesn’t like to wear them, even hate them more during working - she's an architect by the way.

Plus this year is also our 20th anniversary....so I want to give her something extra special and very unique

Our neighbor, the whole family, are going on the new year Gun-dong-fat-joy(chinese theme) Cruise in Florida this year, but I don’t think I want to be that far from home or spend that much.

So any ideas/suggestions?

The spa is always a good idea

Or give her a gift certificate to a high end designer type store so she can pick out some really great clothes

To be honest tho, any gift that shows you 1) put some effort into it and 2) put some thoughtfulness into it will always be a good present :o

To be honest tho, any gift that shows you 1) put some effort into it and 2) put some thoughtfulness into it will always be a good present :o

Yeh....that exactly what I'm trying to find out here!

By the way....what are you getting for husband this year?

Edited by BKK90210

OK, think about her interests, her hobbies. Also has she dropped any hints to you lately along the lines of "Oh I'd really love that gold watch I saw but its just too expensive" or anything along those lines?

Women try really hard to give you men hints but so many of you are too obtuse to pick up on it :o

An advantage of having a Buddhist wife is, Buddhists don't do Christmas.

A disadvantage of marrying a Thai is, Thais addopt every custom that means 'party, food, drink, gifts' (especially if they are on the receiving end).

My husband loves Christmas. And he's Buddhist. He also likes Thanksgiving too, and he's Thai.

Holidays can be fun, don't see the problem in adopting the fun things of our spouse's culture. When I had time I used to enjoy cooking cupcakes and cookies for the southern TaiYai festival (in which families exchange small plates of sweets), it was fun to give them to people who had never tried them before (one kid ate the cupcake wrapper :o ) and I really enjoyed trying all the different homemade sweets that my husband's family had.

Anyway, this isn't about Thai or farang adoption of others holidays but rather what should Bkk90210 get his wife for Christmas.

Have you considered a very nice dress watch?

A few years back, I sent my ex-girlfriend a stinking, rotten fish as a remembrance of all the "good times"....

Last year I sent the same thing to my Thai ex-girlfriend and she couldn't thank me enough for such a "thoughtful and delicious" gift.

(Sigh)....I just can't win.

How about something really different like getting a star named for her? I did that for my father one year. You can do it through the International Star Registery. They give you a certificate & a map of where in the solar system your star is & it's really registered under that name (I think in Geneva). Just a thought! :o

I just don't do gifts. She is Buddhist, therefore no present. She will just give me a card. Then I'll give her a card for New Year since Thais celebrate New Year. Same with our b-days, just cards. No reason to waste money on gifts. If I want something, I'll buy it myself, same for her.

Anyways, I just hate buying gifts for girls.

How about something really different like getting a star named for her? I did that for my father one year. You can do it through the International Star Registery. They give you a certificate & a map of where in the solar system your star is & it's really registered under that name (I think in Geneva). Just a thought! :D

WoW!!! I love this idea (really romantic for me) :o

How about something really different like getting a star named for her? I did that for my father one year. You can do it through the International Star Registery. They give you a certificate & a map of where in the solar system your star is & it's really registered under that name (I think in Geneva). Just a thought! :D

I thought the same....nice idea .

make her a simple dvd. you've likely got some simple movie maker program (i got window movie maker with my xp2003) and you can make a sort of slide show of pretty photo's of your life and time together, whatever is important to her... Add some effects, music et voila! Burn it on a dvd, maybe add some liner notes. bada bing bada boom..

cost you one or two days relatively effortless work, will look spiffy, make her think you've really put some effort into it, and doens't cost a lot.

That way, when you are out partying with your mates, she can see how all the happy times have been and gone :o

I thought the same....nice idea .

International Star Registery is really rock !!

another idea..If i had a special person, i 'd do like this

- check his work's schedule ..check it if he has some free days.

- I will book the flight / hotel ..etc for reaching a nice island

-(i may buy a diving course in case he does not get PADI)

-Pack his stuff in the luggage and hide somewhere

when the free date comes , I'd say nothing .. just drag him to a car or plane ..

Edited by BambinA

a friend of mine some years ago bought his lady a sissy bar on his bike for xmas...they split up shortly after...

but seroiusly folks...what's a falang to do when he has no knowlege of proper 'gift giving'? Selecting presents is an art...one that I have never mastered. Luckily my thai missus don't expect no gifts and don't give me none neither. With white girls I useta go with the flowers and chocolate only to have them thrown in my face with YOU BASTARD...

what's a falang to do?...always with the best intentions...

Xmas gift….. what gift are you giving your mrs/gf this xmas?

I want to shop early for Mrs.Bkk this year but thinking of that one special & unique gift is far more difficult than I thought. She’s a one picky lady.

No flowers – good for only a few days…wasting $$$

No chocolate – she doesn’t want to gain any more weight

No jewelry – she doesn’t like to wear them, even hate them more during working - she's an architect by the way.

Plus this year is also our 20th anniversary....so I want to give her something extra special and very unique

Our neighbor, the whole family, are going on the new year Gun-dong-fat-joy(chinese theme) Cruise in Florida this year, but I don’t think I want to be that far from home or spend that much.

So any ideas/suggestions?

You are married to a Thai that doesnt want gold?

Or, a woman that doesnt like jewelry?

Joke aside,

20th anniversary, and you still do not know what she likes?

rgds

Sailor